Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Claim C J.D. Walton off Waivers from Denver

CNU2007

Redskins claimed C J.D. Walton off waivers from the Broncos.
Walton was cut by the Broncos on Tuesday. He hasn't appeared in a regular season game since Week 4 of the 2012 campaign due to a broken ankle, which he experienced a setback with last summer. Will Montgomery is the Redskins' starting center. Walton will provide depth and spend the offseason with the team. Dec 18 - 4:33 PM

http://www.denverpos...e-reinforcement

Broncos sign defensive lineman Jeremy Mincey, waive center J.D. Walton

Walton, who has been on the Broncos' active roster since early November after spending the beginning of the season on the physically unable to perform list, has not played in 2013. In Week 4 of 2012, he suffered a severe ankle injury, which ended his season, although he was a valuable part of the team up to that point.

Through his first 38 games as a Bronco, Walton played all but one offensive snap, serving as Tim Tebow's only center during his time in Denver.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/redskins-acquire-rg3-s-college-centre-claiming-j-d-walton-off-waivers-from-broncos-1.764246

Redskins acquire RG3's college centre, claiming J.D. Walton off waivers from Broncos - See more at: 

ASHBURN, Va. - The Washington Redskins have acquired Robert Griffin III's college centre, claiming J.D. Walton off waivers from the Denver Broncos.

Griffin and Walton were teammates for two seasons at Baylor before starting their NFL careers. Walton was a third-round pick by the Broncos in 2010 and started 36 games, but he's been sidelined since Week 4 of last season because of a severe ankle injury that has required multiple surgeries.

To make room on the roster, the Redskins waived receiver Lance Lewis.

- See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/redskins-acquire-rg3-s-college-centre-claiming-j-d-walton-off-waivers-from-broncos-1.764246#sthash.DHEAokJR.dpuf

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/redskins-acquire-rg3-s-college-centre-claiming-j-d-walton-off-waivers-from-broncos-1.764246

Redskins acquire RG3's college centre, claiming J.D. Walton off waivers from Broncos - See more at: 

ASHBURN, Va. - The Washington Redskins have acquired Robert Griffin III's college centre, claiming J.D. Walton off waivers from the Denver Broncos.

Griffin and Walton were teammates for two seasons at Baylor before starting their NFL careers. Walton was a third-round pick by the Broncos in 2010 and started 36 games, but he's been sidelined since Week 4 of last season because of a severe ankle injury that has required multiple surgeries.

To make room on the roster, the Redskins waived receiver Lance Lewis.

- See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/redskins-acquire-rg3-s-college-centre-claiming-j-d-walton-off-waivers-from-broncos-1.764246#sthash.DHEAokJR.dpuf

Walton was Roberts center for Roberts freshman year, and then for the three games his sophmore year, thats the year that Robert tore his ACL.

Was a good cenetr and hope he regains his form.

I love the move.

But things are so bizarro now with the endless streaming media leaks, I find myself wondering who stands to gain the most with every story. Leakgate has Mike in damage control. Yep, a good old fashion crazed internet conspiracy theory.

Sorry, but I don't trust Mike to do anything but look out for his own image.

And Mike sure looks good on this one, doing all he can to help RG3, he can't lose. Getting him his former teammate, and upgrading the OL at the same time? Its almost too good to be true; an RG3 supportive move. But after all I have seen heard and seen done to RG3 over the past 3 weeks, I smell a mole.

Temper some of that optimism...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/02/team-needs-2012-denver-broncos/

"There’s no way around this, J.D. Walton is the worst center in football. Bad as a rookie (-16.3), Walton was literally twice as bad in his sophomore season (-32.9), casting him adrift at the bottom of our center rankings by a distance. Walton surrendered four sacks on the year and his 23 total pressures allowed tied him for the second-worst mark in the league for centers–a particularly bad note for a player in the middle of the line that often gets help. One of the reasons the Broncos found everything an uphill battle on offense was the play of the interior, which was at its worst in the very middle in the shape of Walton."

I love the move.

But things are so bizarro now with the endless streaming media leaks, I find myself wondering who stands to gain the most with every story. Leakgate has Mike in damage control. Yep, a good old fashion crazed internet conspiracy theory.

Sorry, but I don't trust Mike to do anything but look out for his own image.

And Mike sure looks good on this one, doing all he can to help RG3, he can't lose. Getting him his former teammate, and upgrading the OL at the same time? Its almost too good to be true; an RG3 supportive move. But after all I have seen heard and seen done to RG3 over the past 3 weeks, I smell a mole.

Does this really belong in this thread? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Good grief.

Does this really belong in this thread? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Good grief.

i said i love the move.

It actually added more to the thread than your post did.

Fact is I don't trust news out of Ashburn lately and I suspect you may understand how some fans may question Mike's moves right now.

i said i love the move.

It actually added more to the thread than your post did.

Fact is I don't trust news out of Ashburn lately and I suspect you may understand how some fans may question Mike's moves right now.

You think that you added something to the thread? I think you're mistaken. You regurgitated that same stuff that's been posted in every other thread,

Temper some of that optimism...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/02/team-needs-2012-denver-broncos/

"There’s no way around this, J.D. Walton is the worst center in football. Bad as a rookie (-16.3), Walton was literally twice as bad in his sophomore season (-32.9), casting him adrift at the bottom of our center rankings by a distance. Walton surrendered four sacks on the year and his 23 total pressures allowed tied him for the second-worst mark in the league for centers–a particularly bad note for a player in the middle of the line that often gets help. One of the reasons the Broncos found everything an uphill battle on offense was the play of the interior, which was at its worst in the very middle in the shape of Walton."

clearly this is a leak to discredit rgiii

What are you talking about? That reply was certainly relevant to the topic.  

I liked JD Walton in Denver. Training camp competition for what needs to be a completely revamped line next season..

Archived