Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think this organization has become a disgrace?

aolforbroadband

162 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Washington Redskins organization has become a disgrace?

• Yes
    • No

So you trash the whole fan base because a couple of idiots sit on every word the media has to say??  That's full out BS!!! 

I have been a Redskins fan for almost 50 yrs and when you say something like that you are kicking a group of people that did nothing to deserve your abuse. You want to trash the few who are idiots, and there are some in every group, go ahead. But grow a set and call them out directly. Don't hide behind group slander. Most definitely don't throw this mess on the entire fan base!! 

No one deserves this melodrama and constant chaos. We just want to team we can believe in that we don;t have to live in fear of what incredibly stupid thing is the management going to do now. I expect this crap from a low class cowpuke or philly fan, but not from one of our own. That's horrible. 

Your post makes very little sense. You need to re-read my post. I did not trash an entire fan base.  I said some of the fan base on ES are perpetuating the drama by running with rumor and assumptions. I stand by that.

Can it butcherer of the English language!

Keys in the English part. We invented it. We'll spell it the way it should be spelt.

Pernickety darn American! (NO S in that one!). Lol.

Hail.

Well in the beginning yes, you created a ****ized concatenation of Latin, old norse, and anglo-french to create "Old English" as it were. However, it's now the 21st century. It's time to move on my friend. :-)   JK 

Your post makes very little sense. You need to re-read my post. I did not trash an entire fan base.  I said some of the fan base on ES are perpetuating the drama by running with rumor and assumptions. I stand by that.

The initial response was to bobbi3stix who stated "It's a reflection of the fan base." When you support that view you are taking the same position. It is you who should read from the beginning. Then it may make "sense" to you. 

See this is what pisses me off.  If you had been introduced as a Cowboy fan the person wouldn't have laughed. Why is that?  Why does Dallas always get a free pass yet they are a circus too. 

Much as we all hate them, I don't think Dallas are in as much of a mess as we are. The Skins are even making headlines here which is astonishing. Sadly it is for the wrong reasons of course.

Even worse news I saw my first Eagles fan last week. Unless he was a tourist those scum are springing up in London too.

Well in the beginning yes, you created a ****ized concatenation of Latin, old norse, and anglo-french to create "Old English" as it were. However, it's now the 21st century. It's time to move on my friend. :-)   JK 

The initial response was to bobbi3stix who stated "It's a reflection of the fan base." When you support that view you are taking the same position. It is you who should read from the beginning. Then it may make "sense" to you. 

I didn't respond to bobbi3stix, i responded to you. If I wanted to respond to bobbi3stix I would have. I still stand by my comment.

I didn't respond to bobbi3stix, i responded to you. If I wanted to respond to bobbi3stix I would have. I still stand by my comment.

Sorry, but to me when you responded it felt like you were supporting bobbi3stix. But fair enough, I will take your comment at face value.

I do agree that there are some in and out of the fan-base that sit on every word the media states and takes it as absolute truth. Then repeat it as fact therefore perpetuating false truths. But I really believe that is a very small part of the fan base that is over represented in places like this where comments are free, anonymous and have a built in audience.

It may be misplaced, but I firmly believe this is one of the greatest and most loyal fan bases in all of sports. What makes success here sometimes is it's also a very educated fan base maybe not all in academics, but certainly in life and football. This makes it a very critical fan base. But in the end we are a family. Believe it or not, for some it's the only family they have.

Like any family we will argue, fight, disagree, and just plain get on each others nerves. Again it may be misplaced, but when it comes time to come together I have no doubt in the strength of our support of the Washington Redskins!!  JMO!!   HTTR!!

Sorry, but to me when you responded it felt like you were supporting bobbi3stix. But fair enough, I will take your comment at face value.

I do agree that there are some in and out of the fan-base that sit on every word the media states and takes it as absolute truth. Then repeat it as fact therefore perpetuating false truths. But I really believe that is a very small part of the fan base that is over represented in places like this where comments are free, anonymous and have a built in audience.

It may be misplaced, but I firmly believe this is one of the greatest and most loyal fan bases in all of sports. What makes success here sometimes is it's also a very educated fan base maybe not all in academics, but certainly in life and football. This makes it a very critical fan base. But in the end we are a family. Believe it or not, for some it's the only family they have.

Like any family we will argue, fight, disagree, and just plain get on each others nerves. Again it may be misplaced, but when it comes time to come together I have no doubt in the strength of our support of the Washington Redskins!!  JMO!!   HTTR!!

No problem, it's all good.

Disgrace definition...

loss of reputation or respect, esp. as the result of a dishonorable action.

You read that definition and tell me that this franchise doesn't fit that description. Especially right now.

Yes, we are a disgrace.

Um, no we're not.  Dysfunctional?  Yes.  Dishonorable? No.  I'd save the word disgrace for if we were involved with a serious scandal.  Now if it turns out that Shanahan is truly trying to burn down the organization so he can get fired, then HE will be the disgrace, not the franchise.

Um, no we're not.  Dysfunctional?  Yes.  Dishonorable? No.  I'd save the word disgrace for if we were involved with a serious scandal.  Now if it turns out that Shanahan is truly trying to burn down the organization so he can get fired, then HE will be the disgrace, not the franchise.

The first part of the definition is "loss of reputation or respect". You can't seriously tell me that our reputation hasn't taken a big hit and people respect this team less as an organization...

The first part of the definition is "loss of reputation or respect". You can't seriously tell me that our reputation hasn't taken a big hit and people respect this team less as an organization...

You just cherry picked part of the definition and ignored that last part "as the result of a dishonorable action".  Dishonorable is pretty serious.  Disgrace should be used for something like the Penn State scandal, Lance Armstrong, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, etc...not what we are going through. 

You just cherry picked part of the definition and ignored that last part "as the result of a dishonorable action".  Dishonorable is pretty serious.  Disgrace should be used for something like the Penn State scandal, Lance Armstrong, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, etc...not what we are going through. 

It says esp, especially, not exclusively.

2012 was not a disgrace.  The Gibbs years were not a disgrace.  Even Zorn was just bad versus a disgrace.  However, what is happening now is disgraceful.  Our special teams is would insult a high school coach.  Our defense wouldn't be acceptible to a pee wee team.  And the way, the leaks are happening and Shanny is acting are horrible.  He deserves to be rapped across the knuckles with a ruler.

How you can not call Zorn a disgrace is beyond me.  Do you not remember the special teams 'swinging gate' play against the Giants?  That play, alone, would crush any argument against him being a disgrace.

How you can not call Zorn a disgrace is beyond me.  Do you not remember the special teams 'swinging gate' play against the Giants?  That play, alone, would crush any argument against him being a disgrace.

That was just an attempt to piss off Snyder too, I'm convinced.  He knew he was on borrowed time and had been publicly castrated at that point by Snyder.

Archived