Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The rose colored assumption thread

Skinzfever2010

Good Evening extreme family,

I've noticed several threads about making sweeping moves that ensures immediate success next season whether it's players or coaches. It seems logical but it indirectly created expectations and when they aren't met we began to get way to down on the team and each other.

After listening to Mike laugh and joke with reporters during his press conference it occurred to me that this man won't be leading our beloved skins back to the promise land. You can't trust him to make the changes to his staff and even if he does his track record for selecting coordinators and other staff members is inconsistent and almost grossly incompetent.

Firing the defensive coordinator and the special teams coach ( scapegoating them) only to bring in more inept staff members doesn't guarantee anything for next year.

Spending 36mil plus in one offseason on trying to fill as many holes as possible doesn't guarantee wins or better play next year. We've seen this movie before in some capacity. It's time to move on from this experiment.

One thing our owner should be commended for is maturing over the years and stepping out of the picture on football related decisions. That's the only thing that needs to remain consistent. Moving forward, a competent GM and scouting department should be given the keys to a solid foundation here.

We have a franchise QB, RB, and LT. We have a very good TE and solid #2 WR in Garçon. On defense we have Ryan and Brian, DeAngelo, David Amerson and Perry Riley.

The next regime will need time to assess these players strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, they'll need time to rebuild other pieces of the team (the trenches on both sides of the ball). We may not be successful next year but we'll need to give that regime patience and reasonable expectations.

On defense we have Ryan and Brian DeAngelo

Who? Are they brothers? Cousins? :P

But seriously, nothing has been decided for next year yet. I will toss this out though, Cam Newton had a stellar rookie season. Then last year they were some trash. And now, they're a 9 win team. RG3 - stellar rookie season, followed by a trash year.

It's fairly easy to be optimistic if you are that kind of maniac.

Next year, RGIII regains his rookie form. We find a gem of a big play receiver in the third round. We hit on some good free agents in the secondary. Meanwhile, Foles falls back to earth in Philly, Tony Romo sits to pee begins his late career decline, and Eli continues to be the Eli of this season.

Just like that, we are 11-5.

In all honesty, the NFL makes no sense at all.

But seriously, nothing has been decided for next year yet. I will toss this out though, Cam Newton had a stellar rookie season. Then last year they were some trash. And now, they're a 9 win team. RG3 - stellar rookie season, followed by a trash year.

Did their defense get to top 3 over night? If our defense got to top 15 next year I will be pleasantly surprised.

The franchise LT got absolutely worked last week during the 49ers game.

He's serviceable, not franchise.

Sports Reporters (Cooley) just mentioned that Williams is in a walking boot. Not sure what the injury is. 

He's playing injured, too bad the other four guys couldn't step up.

The franchise LT got absolutely worked last week during the 49ers game.

He's serviceable, not franchise.

dude ... it's a bad  year, I get it, everything sucks right. 

Calling Trent serviceable is downright silly.  He's a hell of a lot more than serviceable. 

bf25d76f9f2aa10319d7681ebfe0662c_normal.

dude ... it's a bad  year, I get it, everything sucks right. 

Calling Trent serviceable is downright silly.  He's a hell of a lot more than serviceable. 

bf25d76f9f2aa10319d7681ebfe0662c_normal.

You'd have a hard time making the case that he's top-10 in the league.

We should be upset right now. We're starring 3-13 in the face however, we have some positives working in our favor that we should still have guarded optimism around.

Things are bleak right now given the current circumstances but the future is bright.

The future is bright?

What?

But seriously, nothing has been decided for next year yet. I will toss this out though, Cam Newton had a stellar rookie season. Then last year they were some trash. And now, they're a 9 win team. RG3 - stellar rookie season, followed by a trash year.

I want to rock with you TK but his teams show no discipline and fight. RG3 isn't the real issue here. I actually think he's a better and mature QB than Cam.

The last great leader we had here was Joseph Jackson Gibbs. He took mediocre teams and had them prepared to compete at high levels every week.

Mike isn't getting it done and something needs to change here. Jim Haslett didn't ask to come coach a 3-4 with 4-3 players he was forced to change his scheme per Mike.

There is no reason to believe Mike is going to wake up and figure out how to build defense over night. A head coach needs to be able to manage the whole team not just his offense. Maybe he should be our offensive coordinator?

I'm a firm believer in giving a person a chance to do what he/she said they'd do. I was actually pretty impressed that he seemingly was able to turn this thing around in the amount of time that he said it would take. I thought that M.S. had FINALLY figured things out. Then this season happened. I didn't expect us to revert like we have & I'll go so far as to say nobody did. So who's to blame? IMO there's more than enough blame to go around but at the end of the day it falls at the feet of the HC. He's had 4 years to build a winner & all he's done is lose. I expected that in years 1 & 2 but by year 3 we should've seen the fruits of his labor (& we did) & by years 4 & 5 we should be a play-off caliber team & maybe even a SB contender. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I've followed football my entire life & I feel I know enough about the game to say that there's nothing he can do to change this around. If we aren't any better by now then we'll never be any better with him as the HC. If we were to fire him in the offseason, the new HC couldn't do any worse. As a matter of fact he COULD do better. He COULD change things around in 1 year just like the 49ers & Colts. Our QB is as good as theirs & we have one of the best RBs in the league, so why not? 

HTTR!!!

The Panthers were always in the midst of building a great defense after acquiring Cam, it's just coming together now...AND they changed the OC.

Neither of those things are happening under Shanahan.

Archived