Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missing In Action

FuriousD

Summer dreams for the breakout rookie get dashed in the regular season more often than not.

Chris Thompson - Shanahan is grooming this late round pick.  I'm not at all dissapointed since Morris and Helu are doing a great job.

Bacari Rambo - it would have been nice for one of the two safeties drafted to contribute on the field this year.  But, expecting Rambo to start and play well was unrealistic.  He's starting to see some action again on the field AND is beginning to contribute on special teams (great open field tackle of KO coverage unit).

Brandon Jenkins - there was too much hype on this guy.  He needs time to develop into the OLB position. 

So, I have no real concerns about these rookies.  The established veterans though are a big issue.

Aldrick Robinson - Skins took a low round flyer on him but he's shown zip production.  Time to bring in real competition for a speedster WR.

Joshua Morgan - healthy this season after surgery but hasn't shown enough in two seasons to justify his extravagent salary.  I hope the Skins use his contract money to obtain a more productive WR.

new:

Moss - there was no hype on Moss and his lack of production stems from lack of opportunities.  But, he's past his prime and the Skins need to use roster spot on a player with some upside.

Orakpo - the hype was off the charts on how he was going to change the entire DL pressure on QBs.  There's no way the front office gives him a lucrative contract (2 years IR and fewer sacks than Rob Jackson?)

Fletcher - really dropped off a cliff.  He should have retired last season. 

Ok people.... Hank Time is about to pass is overall total Stats from last year

2012- 38 Recs 543 Yrds 3 Tds

2013- 24 Recs 309 Yrds 3 Tds.... 8 Games. 8 more to go that favors our passing game.

Hank Time is fine.

.... on the other hand

O.O where did Orakpo go

Does he play for the other team ?  wtf? 

Overall, any drop off on Moss' part seems to be more an artifact of the rest of the offense playing with its head-in-butt.  As a slot guy, his big games were due more because the defense forgot about him or was overplaying other offensive threats.  Further, I am actually more disappointed that Moss is still a top option in our passing game.

Overall, any drop off on Moss' part seems to be more an artifact of the rest of the offense playing with its head-in-butt.  As a slot guy, his big games were due more because the defense forgot about him or was overplaying other offensive threats.  Further, I am actually more disappointed that Moss is still a top option in our passing game.

To be fair, he may have had a 60 yard TD in the 2nd half if Griffin hits in him stride instead of overthrowing him. Then again, there is no guarantee he even catches it if it hits him in the hands. 

I had Southwest Airlines on speed dial just in case Morgan screwed up by fumbling the KO late in the game.

I cringe every time I see him with the ball; why not use Moss instead? Its getting old watching Morgan run directly into the pile of players instead of at least trying to kick it outside.

Why not Robinson? Has Aldrick returned kicks before?

Sorry they have not lived up to your expectations ... i guess... Just as a matter of interest what were your expectations - HOF- multiple probowls  ?

Niles Paul, Terrance Austin, and Aldrick Robinson all drafted in the 5th round and beyond ... Hankerson had a serious injury in his first major game as a rookie and is really stepping up as a No .2. WR and made some key catches last night and throughout the season - Paul for the last two years has been a TE - and again last night made some key plays in the three TE package ...

Everyone gets upset about production Vs Hype ... but then forget just how very long the offseason and how very short the actual NFL season is and the fact that newspapers websites bloggers have to talk about something and they will talk about players who catch their eye either in collage or on the practice fields in the OTAs and what do you want them to say---" oh well Aldrick Robinson seems to be commited and making improvements in his game based on the practice field but we all know he is going to suck "

Generally everyone who says - player X has not lived up to my expectations of him - generally have unrealistic expectations ...

You missed the point. This was an indictment of the regime for not yet developing a consistent, productive receiver through the draft or UDFA. Now, I realize that finding those players in the later rounds and UDFA is a challenge, or even a crap shoot, but I would have hoped for at least one Brandon Marshall-esqe WR by now, who by the way was a 4th rounder picked by Shanahan. But no, I'm not expecting HoF or Pro Bowls out of these guys, I realize they can't all be winners. But it would be nice to see performances comparable to those receivers taken in the middle and later rounds of 2010/2011.  Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Victor Cruz, Cecil Shorts, Denarius Moore, Jeremy Kerley, and Doug Baldwin were all third round or later. I don't think it's unrealistic to have found a gem like that after four drafts, especially from the guy that found Brandon Marshall in the 4th. I'll admit Hank is improving, but with a talent like RG3 at QB, forgive me for expecting a little more, especially considering we haven't exactly had a logjam at receiver.

Chris Thompson will be productive next year, I guarantee it. I said the same thing about the Jordan Reed back when a lot of people bashed it because we had Fred Davis, give Thompson until next year he will show he belongs in this league he is special. 

The thing that makes Chris Thompson special is his speed/agility/quickness/explosiveness and he just hasn't got that back since the injury. 

I never understood why fans bash Shanny for the Morgan pick he was a stop gap signing (we had a major cap penalty) the thing that made morgan enticing was he was cheap and he is one heck of a blocker. If we had the cap space we would have never signed Morgan we would have got Vincent Jackson and Garcon. 

Morgan was signed to a two year deal worth up to $12 million in player incentives which $7.5 million of that was guaranteed, which really means he only cost $3.75 million a year which is cheap for a veteran #2 receiver. 

Chris Thompson will be productive next year, I guarantee it. I said the same thing about the Jordan Reed back when a lot of people bashed it because we had Fred Davis, give Thompson until next year he will show he belongs in this league he is special. 

The thing that makes Chris Thompson special is his speed/agility/quickness/explosiveness and he just hasn't got that back since the injury. 

This begs the question why he is still on the active roster (if that is the case) when he should be on IR?  In the meantime, we have Jawan Jamison, Lance Lewis and Nick Williams languishing on the PS.  It's not hard to imagine any one of those guys providing something of a spark in the return game!

Personally, I would love to see Nick Williams brought up and given a shot at kick returns and then maybe later, some time in the slot on 3rd downs as Moss' heir apparant.  I know I'm dreaming....

This is purely speculative, but could Shanahan have enough concern with the return coverage to not want to but a rookie behind it?  I mean, it's really pretty bad right now and even Morgan looks shakey back there and he could be considered an old pro.  Maybe Thompson is on hold until the blocking shows real improvement....

It's vets like Orakpo, Morgan, Fletcher an the D line who have been the biggest culprits, not the rooks.

And Josh LeRibeus not being active ONCE through 8 games. That's looking more and more like another bust line pick from thi organisations recent history an the HC's career one.

Hail.

He is no doubt a bust. I saw all I needed to see in the Titans preseason game

everybody keeps saying branden jenkins, but whatabout jarvis jenkins who hasnt played as well as expected since off suspension!

Lol, remember when that guy was the talk of the camp?

I'm not at all worried about the rookies. Rambo has played better and amerson looks solid. Reed is a beast. If thomas comes back and balls out next year, then that is a helluva class considering no first rounder. And that's not even mentioning Jenkins who I'd love to see get more snaps. Thompson I was kinda 50/50 on anyways, electric at fsu but always hurt.

If only we found an o lineman or two in the past twp drafts. Montgomery is one of my Mia guys after how well he played last year.

Archived