Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr. Andrews Sort Of Confirms The "mental" Aspect Of Recovery...

NoCalMike

ArbaGeebaThreeba nabba Playba like he ute's to.

Heeba nabba papsa ball right.

Hibba kneeba stibba hurba.

Bup, iba nabba hurba like it be hurba, it hurba like, mennaly. Sike-alobbily.

~Freb

I read this out loud a few times. Solid work, sir.

Griff will be the same Griff. I think he'll destroy Dallas, because that's just what he does.

I agree with most of the folks here, this is too obvious, and if you don't think there is a mental aspect to it, you've never had a major knee injury. Or, no, for that matter, you've never had a serious injury or traumatic thing happen before...or it was so traumatic, that you don't remember it at all.

If you get hit by a vehicle running a red light, you're going to be nervous about crossing intersections, even when the light is green. If you get rear ended, you are going to have a nervous eye on the rear view mirror for quite a while. If you get hit by a pitch, you'll probably be a little scared of the ball for the new few pitches. Just because the event is over doesn't mean it's completely over in your mind. It's human nature. All these things create distractions, and it takes a bit to get over them, and some people never get over them.

And as someone who has had an ACL injury, I'd definitely rather get hit by a pitch than have that happen again...and maybe even a car.

The main question I want answered, is alot of people are saying that if RGIII was cleared to play Game 1 of reg season, he should've be cleared to play a series or two in the preseason.

I'm almost under the impression they were afraid of the consequences if RGIII did get hurt in preseason but Im not sure what to think,

The Dr who performed his surgery didn't clear him for preseason. He wasn't ready, he specifically said he could practice but didn't want him playing in the preseason against live competition. Those are the fact we know. You can speculate and point to conspiracies and fear if you'd rather.

He's also a second year QB learning the game. I've been more discouraged with the lack of production from the running game. I know some will point to the per carry average, but if you've watched the games it just hasn't been right. I believe in Griff, but the Skins need the running game to aid him. Not a top 10 running offense, but top 5... elite!

Archived