Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

http://www.politico.com/blogs/iowa-caucus-2016-live-updates/2016/02/ben-carson-iowa-caucuses-laundry-218575

Carson isn't quitting after Iowa. He's doing laundry.

02/01/16 08:25 PM EST

Ben Carson will take a brief detour from the campaign trail after the caucuses. But he is not, his campaign insists, leaving the race--just picking up some fresh clothes.

".@RealBenCarson will be going to Florida to get fresh clothes b4 heading back out on the campaign trail. Not standing down," tweeted Jason Osborne, the Carson campaign's senior communications strategist.

Cnn drawing attention to the fact that Iowa caucuses have gathered "ballots" on pieces of paper inserted into used popcorn buckets.

turn out must be big, usually they use baseball caps ...or John Deere of course

Serious question here ... what do you guys think a Trump loss tonight will do to his campaign? Do you think he'll get even crazier (if that's even possible) with his antics, or do you think they'll try to regroup and come down to earth a little bit?

I want him to lose, but the thought of his reaction(s) are a little scary lol.

Serious question here ... what do you guys think a Trump loss tonight will do to his campaign? Do you think he'll get even crazier (if that's even possible) with his antics, or do you think they'll try to regroup and come down to earth a little bit?

Iowa doesn't really matter to TRUMP.  He will spin a close loss and if he loses, it will be a close loss.  He's still leading everywhere else.

The Dem vote is coming in faster the the Repub vote.

Bernie is gaining. Still a lot of votes to count. A win would be nice.

The good news here is no matter what he'll come out with a lot of delegates in his pocket. Then he'll win NH, and take a nice lead moving forward.

Trump is doing worse than I expected. Sounds like a lot of people turned out to vote against him.

Surprising that the news is all about super high turnout and Cruz and Hillary are winning.  I would imagine high turnout strongly favors Trump and Sanders. 

I think trump really needs to win today.  No matter how long he's lead he's not a politician.  His campaign needs legitimacy and winning tonight goes a long way to provide that.  Losing after leading by a lot for so long could be a really big blow.  

I don't think Sanders needs to win tonight as badly as Trump does but it would certainly help. 

Is there anything to say about the Clinton campaign if they barely win?

Matters? Doesn't?

sign of weakness, but not critical......SC is her gameday(or so she hopes)

add

Rubio might be inching up on the Donald, that might set him off. :P

Is there anything to say about the Clinton campaign if they barely win?

Matters? Doesn't?

Hard to say, but here's my take: If they end in a tie and split delegates evenly, then Bernie wins NH, I'd say that means it's still anybody's race.

Big picture, that has to be bad for Hillary, considering she has the big donors, the DNC, and the press on her side, and she's still having trouble fending off Bernie. Let's remember she was the anointed one a few months ago, everybody thought this was no contest. Well it's a contest now.

Obviously due to Democrats crossing party lines, to vote against him.

Archived