Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn.com: '13 Player Rankings, Offense And Defense (Updated 8/27)

Yeah, yet another attempt by the media to rank the top 100 players for 2013...this time they break it down between top 100 offensive players and top 100 defensive players.

Redskins mentions so far:

Offense:

#75 -
Alfred Morris | @Trey_Deuces
Washington Redskins | RB | Age: 24 | NFL experience: 2nd year

Morris rushed for 1,613 yards last season, the third most by a rookie in NFL history. He had 55 rushes of 10 or more yards last season, the second most by any player in a single season over the past 10 years, trailing only Adrian Peterson from last season.

#67 -
Trent Williams | @TrentW71
Washington Redskins | OT | Age: 25 | NFL experience: 4th year

Williams started every game for the Redskins in 2012, making his first Pro Bowl. The Redskins ranked first in total rushes (117) and yards per rush (7.1) outside the left tackle last season.

#46-
Robert Griffin III | @RGIII
Washington Redskins | QB | Age: 23 | NFL experience: 2nd year

Griffin rushed for 815 yards in 2012, the most ever by a rookie quarterback. He also became the only rookie QB ever to throw at least four touchdown passes in consecutive games.

Defense:

#73 -
Ryan Kerrigan | @RyanKerrigan91
Washington Redskins | LB | Age: 25 | NFL experience: 3rd year

Kerrigan has disrupted 21 drop-backs (sacks + interceptions + passes defended + batted balls) as an outside linebacker during the past two seasons, sixth most in the league.

#71 -
London Fletcher | @LFletcher59
Washington Redskins | LB | Age: 38 | NFL experience: 16th year

Fletcher has racked up 305 total tackles in the past two seasons, most of any player in the league. Only two players, Fletcher and Chad Greenway, have more than 285.

#36-
Brian Orakpo | @rak98
Washington Redskins | LB | Age: 27 | NFL experience: 5th year

From 2009 to 2011, Orakpo disrupted 25.5 drop-backs (sacks + interceptions + passes defended + batted balls) as an outside linebacker, fifth-most in the league.

Click the "Offense" and "Defense" links for more...

Its based on projections but it is a little odd that the 2nd leading rusher in the league is projected to have 9th value in fantasy statistics this season. I mean I don't think Morris will have a more productive season than last season, but I suspect he'll be a bit more versatile this season. As of right now the only RBs I'd take over Morris are AD, McCoy, Ray Rice and maybe Foster (his injuries concern me). 

Its based on projections but it is a little odd that the 2nd leading rusher in the league is projected to have 9th value in fantasy statistics this season. I mean I don't think Morris will have a more productive season than last season, but I suspect he'll be a bit more versatile this season. As of right now the only RBs I'd take over Morris are AD, McCoy, Ray Rice and maybe Foster (his injuries concern me). 

The problem with Morris in fantasy is he doesn't catch passes. Guys like McCoy, Rice, Spiller, and Richardson are used a bunch in the passing game. He's still a really good fantasy back, but 95% of his points will come from rushing yards.

The problem with Morris in fantasy is he doesn't catch passes. Guys like McCoy, Rice, Spiller, and Richardson are used a bunch in the passing game. He's still a really good fantasy back, but 95% of his points will come from rushing yards.

Spiller is going to kill it if he can stay healthy.  That dude is a beast.

Alf is so underrated around the NFL that I'm surprised he even made the list.  His athletic ability isn't on par with say Adrian Peterson, but last time I checked the list is for best football player not athlete overall.  After AP I'd put Morris up against anyone. 

Well I did say I'd take McCoy and Rice over Morris, but I think Morris' dominance in rushing ability makes him a better back right now then both Spiller and Richardson. I think Richardson will eventually overt-take him but I have no reason to believe it'd change right now. 

Morris' greatest asset is vision and desire.  The one thing you knew last season was that if Morris had a bad play on the very next series and throughout the game defenses were going to get punished. He's the old school back that gets better as the game moves and he seems to play well mad.  He's not a homerun hitter, but he gets on base a lot and hits many more doubles and triples than you would expect.

I just do not underestand the slobbering over Kaepernick. I really, really do not. The guy had a very good end of the year...but he played TEN GAMES, had a monster Defense, a good running game, an astounding O-Line, and Alex Smith was chugging along as the top rated QB in the league prior to his injury with their scheme and offensive stituation

Archived