Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Defense To Use 3-4 On Sunday

The Wicked Wop

Why praise Edwards? Evidently, he sees something wrong w/ the status quo and is embarking on a campaign of change. And based on Johnson's time in the pocket this past Sunday, serious change right now is warranted. Heck, Johnson could have pulled out a lawn chair, sat back leisurely and thrown the ball on some of those plays. :laugh:

good one sure glad i take the time to read evrything!!! bfore i post and loolik an a55! LOL btw if you thought the lack of pressure was bad before we went to a 30 front wait till we do! Bruce is waaaay thinner than his heyday with the bills and we lack the large mobile ends we need and moving dts there ala texas with deloach would mean even less pressure. of greater cocern is we will be starting jimoh or bauman across from roland.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Follow this link.

After you've finished reading my 40+ posts praising George Edwards, maybe you can buy yourself a clue.

And then you buy yourself a second clue and realize that I haven't been insulting Spurrier either. And compared to the rest of this crowd, I've gone pretty easy on the OL players.

One guy: Helton.

P.S. to Wop and Henry, yes this is surreal, but this idiot is arguing my earlier post that I made before I realized yours was a joke. In a surreal way, it's still relevant, because the argument doesn't depend on your initial post being factual.

Asf-

Thanks, but no thanks. Quite frankly, if I was forced to read 40 of your posts, I'd kill myself. You take cheap shots at Spurrier all the time. You question his coaching style and his play calling. But that's ok, everyone has a right to their own opinion. It's when you go on a rant everytime a new idea is proposed that really gets annoying. You speak in ways that make it sound as if you know what you're talking about. But in reality, you don't have a clue. If you really want to search for old posts, why don't you post a few links to your countless tirades regarding Michael Westbrook. I think a healthy dose of those would clue everyone in to just how full of **** you are.

By the way, resorting to calling me an idiot is quite humorous considering how much credibility you're given around here.

And with that, I'm off to lunch.

I am all for a 3-4 defense, the more of our crappy backup tackles we can get off the field the better.

Something is really wrong with our defense. and it's lacking Big Daddy and Darryl Gardner, they would take turns collapsing the pocket so our ends would have a bit an easier time getting to the QB. Not every play, but way more so than our nonexistent tackles playing for us this year.

But in hindsight I still don't resign either of them, our free agent pickups have been way more valuable than those two. Rome wasn't built in an offseason I guess.

Clowny the Wop -

Either you are a prophet, or Mark Maske reads Extremeskins:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26629-2003Oct14.html

The Redskins utilize a four-lineman, three-linebacker setup as their base defense but switch to a 3-4 at times to keep offenses off balance. When the team was searching for help at defensive tackle before the season, there was talk within the organization of using a 3-4 scheme more regularly to get reserve linebacker Kevin Mitchell on the field alongside Arrington, Jessie Armstead and Jeremiah Trotter. Some members of the organization believe the Redskins should utilize a 3-4 setup more often to get their linebackers better involved in the pass rush.

"We've used it in the past," Edwards said. "We'll see. We're in the early stages right now of [preparing for] Buffalo, and we're going to run what we deem necessary to get them stopped."

I like the 3-4 defense....with the right personell, unfortunately we don't have that.

This is an act of desperation to get a pass rush. Well, guess what? The Bill won't have to pass the ball, they'll run it down our throats.

If we can't stop the run in the 4-3, we won' t be able to stop it in the 3-4.

Teams that employ th 3-4 scheme draft according to it on defense. You need tweeners such as defensive ends that can play linebacker like Terrell Suggs and Huge DT/NT like Cortez Kennedy, or Daryl Gardener.

This could = disaster

:wtf:

luca...the washington redskins are the finest team that ever graced god's earth. why, I think they're going to win the next 10 super bowls! it's a juggernaut I tell ya!!! they are so good - why thinking anything else is....INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!!

happy?........and now back to our regularly scheduled program for folks with a mind of their own.....

rellim....can't you say something positive? I am so disgusted! time for a spanking there big guy!!!!!!

I gotta say, this is one that got ALOT of ppl, i think Maske too. I am just now getting around to this thread.

Rdog, Props to you for such a sly fake, but I think you will wear the clown for a good long time for this one. Sorry it took me so long to get it to you.

:evil:

Archived