Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Defense To Use 3-4 On Sunday

The Wicked Wop

:allhail:

Well my friends, this isn't even the first time The Wicked Wop has struck. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37132 (read the story and click the link). Best part is that I even got Die Hard....It actually pissed me off no one picked it up the first time, so I decided to do it till it did. Regardless this is my last fake thread, I don't want to screw up this great site with fake articles and threads, but I figure we all could use a good laugh at this point. If it gets me clowned it is well worth it....HTTR!!!!!

Originally posted by The Wicked Wop

:allhail:

Well my friends, this isn't even the first time The Wicked Wop has struck. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37132 (read the story and click the link). Best part is that I even got Die Hard....It actually pissed me off no one picked it up the first time, so I decided to do it till it did. Regardless this is my last fake thread, I don't want to screw up this great site with fake articles and threads, but I figure we all could use a good laugh at this point. If it gets me clowned it is well worth it....HTTR!!!!!

Wop, you're messing with my head!

Would you believe I spent part of the Buc game watching Larry Moore before the snap, to see if his head was moving?

And now you got me twice. :doh:

:notworthy

What's really funny is that these things have actually been reported. Just not by the Post. It was the Times. And on the same day. Just goes to show how eager we are to post. And on the same subject, just at different times. Bubba posted an article about just that, the 3-4 defense earlier today. Standby for Bump. :) We definatley need the laff around here these days. Good ones. :)

:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

What's really funny is that these things have actually been reported. Just not by the Post. It was the Times...

Suppose the reporter from the Times reads this forum and he used Wicked's post as an unattributed source for his article. Oh my what a story that would be!

Wicked you are becoming an internet legend. :laugh:

I really am consistently amazed at how some of you are never happy. How many threads have been dedicated to the lack of pass rush and how we're not willing to make any attempt at fixing it? So, now we're going to *try* using a 3-4 defense sparingly on Sunday, a defense that we've used occasionally ALL YEAR, and somehow this becomes a desperate attempt? And maybe, just maybe, the reason that we "announced" it is to shut up the reporters and the idiot fans that are constantly drilling the coaches about what's wrong and how to fix it.

ASF and Fansince62, when is the last time you had anything positive to say about the team?

Originally posted by Luca Brasi

ASF and Fansince62, when is the last time you had anything positive to say about the team?

You haven't been listening. I like our defense (given its talent holes on DL), I like Geoge Edwards, I like our QB, I like our WRs, I like our kicker. I even like Spurrier, though his buddy Kim Helton is making it harder.

So when I say that moving to a 3-4 in midweek before a game is dumb and a sign of unnecessary desperation because the defense doesn't really need fixing, that's a positive statement about our defense.

When I defend our defense about the Giants game by pointing out that they put us in position to win the game in regulation, that's a positive statement about the defense.

Go ahead: find a negative comment I've made about our defense all season. You can't. I even defended Jimoh.

So shut up.

I most certainly will not shut up. I didn't say that you never have anything positive to say about the defense. I don't think making an attempt at generating a pass rush is a desperate attempt, particulary because we've used the 3-4 at times all year. And now because we're going to use it with more regularity against a stuggling offense this coming Sunday, somehow we're selling out?

Does the defense need correcting? Depends on how you look at it. I'd say the aspect of pass rushing certainly needs correcting, and making an attempt at improving that area should not be looked at as a desperate move. I think it's an incredibly wise move, particulary against a struggling team and with a bi-week directly after that.

If you've had nothing negative to say regarding the defense, that's only because you've completely dedicated yourself to insulting Kim Helton, Spurrier, and the Offensive Line.

Like I said last night, it's funny because...well.......here. From an article down the page.

"As the coaches spent yesterday preparing for Sunday's game at Buffalo, defensive coordinator George Edwards said the club will consider expanded pass-rushing roles for linebacker LaVar Arrington and reserve defensive end Ladairis Jackson. He said the team plans to increase the workload of Regan Upshaw and perhaps curtail fellow defensive end Bruce Smith's playing time to keep him fresh. And it's possible that the Redskins might spend more time in a three-lineman, four-linebacker alignment, Edwards said."

The links real and everything. Honest. :)

:cheers:

Originally posted by Luca Brasi

If you've had nothing negative to say regarding the defense, that's only because you've completely dedicated yourself to insulting Kim Helton, Spurrier, and the Offensive Line.

Follow this link.

After you've finished reading my 40+ posts praising George Edwards, maybe you can buy yourself a clue.

And then you buy yourself a second clue and realize that I haven't been insulting Spurrier either. And compared to the rest of this crowd, I've gone pretty easy on the OL players.

One guy: Helton.

P.S. to Wop and Henry, yes this is surreal, but this idiot is arguing my earlier post that I made before I realized yours was a joke. In a surreal way, it's still relevant, because the argument doesn't depend on your initial post being factual.

Archived