Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NASA: The Sun's Magnetic Field is about to Flip

China

The Sun's Magnetic Field is about to Flip

August 5, 2013:  Something big is about to happen on the sun.  According to measurements from NASA-supported observatories, the sun's vast magnetic field is about to flip.

"It looks like we're no more than 3 to 4 months away from a complete field reversal," says solar physicist Todd Hoeksema of Stanford University. "This change will have ripple effects throughout the solar system."

Click on the link for the full article

"It looks like we're no more than 3 to 4 months away from a complete field reversal," says solar physicist Todd Hoeksema of Stanford University. "This change will have ripple effects throughout the solar system."

Sounds like a line from Ghostbusters ... total protonic reversal...

Sounds like a line from Ghostbusters ... total protonic reversal...

Just don't cross the streams.

I was a bit concerned . . . until I read this.

From the article;

The sun's magnetic field changes polarity approximately every 11 years.

So now that I've sold my car, left my wife and kids, quit my job after telling off my boss, and called that hot chick my high school to finally confess my love and ask her out, you're telling my that the world is not actually going to end?

EDIT: I also bought four new suits so I'd look good for my funeral. 

Archived