Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: New York Giants will be hard-pressed to make playoffs in 2013

terpskins10

Good article.  Glad they mentioned we had a ton of injuries also.  Both Giants runs to the SB were on the heels of Coughlin about to get canned, so you know...

Every article by anyone has to hold out the faintest of faint glimmer that the beloved Dallass Cowboys will finally be better and get over the hump, even if they don't come out and say it.

With the emergence of RG3, "Flipping The Switch" will be harder for them to do for the forseeable future. They no longer have it easy with the Cowboys late season collapses, a walking dead Redskins team, and the erratic arm of McNabb/Vick.

In both recent SB seasons the Giants wound up losing to the "walking dead" Redskins late in the season.   Heck in 2011 the giants were 0-2 vs the Redskins.      I agree that a better redskins team makes it a harder division, but its not like the Giants could bank on 2 wins a year vs. the Skins.  As for the rest of division, the giants were 3-3 in the division during both SB seasons.   So its not like they were beating up on a "weak" division every year (I'm looking at you Patriots ;) ).

With the emergence of RG3, "Flipping The Switch" will be harder for them to do for the forseeable future. They no longer have it easy with the Cowboys late season collapses, a walking dead Redskins team, and the erratic arm of McNabb/Vick.

In both recent SB seasons the Giants wound up losing to the "walking dead" Redskins late in the season.   Heck in 2011 the giants were 0-2 vs the Redskins.      I agree that a better redskins team makes it a harder division, but its not like the Giants could bank on 2 wins a year vs. the Skins.  As for the rest of division, the giants were 3-3 in the division during both SB seasons.   So its not like they were beating up on a "weak" division every year (I'm looking at you Patriots ;) ).

I think it says more about how wildly inconsistent and mediocre they are during the regular season, but like I said, "Flip The Switch" when it comes to playoff time. I will give them credit where credit is due. They beat some really good teams in '07 and '11, and had the perfect matchup in the Patriots, waiting for them both times.

But I'm not going to pretend that they're anything more than a team that got hot at the right time, because they aren't. Now if people want to argue that "That's all that matters", then they'd be right, but it means nothing when you now have a team that can send you packing for the offseason if you slip up even a little during the regular season,and have proven that they already have your number head to head in recent years. I got in an endless debate with jp03 over that during the season last year.

Like I said, in terms of deciding the division, they no longer have Romo sits to pee and Vick to fall back on. Beating them in '11 was cool, but it meant nothing else besides bragging rights/trash talking, because we sucked everywhere else, and that's the truth. The season was pretty much over by the first week of November. That's no longer the case now. As for the division, I wouldn't say it's weak, but it is decidedly mediocre, and has been for the last two years. Maybe this year will be different.

Why did their safety hill just get busted again for drug/substance abuse and he only got another 4 game suspension? Isn't it supposed to be a year?

The last time was for performance enhancing drugs.  I guess, in this case, his lack of discrimination in what he shoots himself up with worked in his favor... kind of.

It appears we'll need to win the division 6-0 for 2 yrs straight and then it'll just be a mediocre division. Apparently the division is only noteworthy if the media darlings are in it. What I don't hear about is all the holes on their roster. They're quick to point out our pass D ranking w/out explaining why. Had NYG lost Tuck,Osi,or JPP we'd never hear the endless excuses. Could you imagine the sympathy if dallass had lost Ware in wk2? Here's the other point. No other team in our division has a balanced attack. NYG will work out two unproven runners after letting Bradshaw walk. Dallass' star studded RB Murray has yet to put together a healthy season. Forcing Romo sits to pee to be the unsteady gunslinger.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived