Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

So, this run/season Durant has having all of a sudden makes him better than Lebron? 

I think Durant is a transcendant player, but I'm taking Lebron 10x out of 10 over him.

*edit*

Is Durant having a great year?  Absolutely.  Is he on an insane stretch right now?  Absolutely.  Are people getting caught up in the moment aka hyperbole?  Absolutely. 

Personally, I'm not handing out MVP awards with 30+ games left in the regular season.  Since he's also having a fantastic year, I'll just say that it's Lebron's award to lose.  There is A LOT of basketball yet to be played and anything can happen going forward. 

It's not a crime to say Durant has been the MVP through this point...cause it's the truth of course...

I absolutely HATE that the allstar game only has back court and front court instead of positions.  Here are the starters. 

East:

G Kyrie Irving

G Dwyane Wade

F Paul George

F LeBron James

F Carmelo Anthony

West:

G Kobe Bryant

G Stephen Curry

F Kevin Durant

F Blake Griffin

F Kevin Love

No centers.  Ridiculous.  Then again Kobe Bryant is a starter so I guess ridiculous is kind of the theme.  

Edited by Destino

I didn't see it, I watched the Wiz game instead. I'm amazed that he did it on just 35 shots and just 10 FTAs. That's pretty crazy. That means everything was going in. He could have scored more too if the Knicks hadn't taken him out in the 4th. But that would have been bad form I suppose.

I think the previous MSG scoring record was 61 by Kobe, they must have taken him out after he got it. Don't quote me on that.

That doesn't make them better. Kyrie especially is becoming so damn overrated now.

He's been overrated since his rookie season. More people are just seeing what he is now.

How DWill is still considered a top PG is more perplexing.

It's also a joke that they went with so many 2 guards when they could just play some of these shooting PGs at SG. John is a lot better than every single one of the SGs they picked except for Harden.

Kyrie was in this protective bubble due to how Lebron left Cleveland.  Just my theory, but that's my rationale behind why I think he has been treated w/ kid gloves.  Look at the NATIONAL scrutiny John Wall faced in comparison.  It's an absolute joke.  Wall's name was nothing short of dragged through the mud and Kyrie was given a pass.  I like the kid, but I am kinda happy that people are now realizing that his stats are as hollow as they come because it has little effect on the Cavs' W/L record. 

If Kevin Durant wrests the MVP trophy away from LeBron James, it won't be because of LeBron fatigue. It's because Durant's on course to become just the seventh player ever to average 31-plus points, 7-plus rebounds, and 5-plus assists for an entire season. This tweet here lists KD's six predecessors.

LeBron averaged 31.4 PPG, 7 RPG, 6.6 APG.... in his 3rd season in the league.

Those guys are better shooters. So are the other point guards that made the cut.

Cause that's all it takes to make a good PG right?

Edit* 

John Wall: 42.3% FG, 32.5% 3PT, 84.1% FT

Kyrie Irving: 42.7% FG, 36.7% 3PT, 84.1% FT

Damien Lillard: 41.7% FG, 41.9% 3PT, 88.7% FT

Yeah Kyrie is a much better shooter  :rolleyes:

Wall: 20 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 8.5 apg, 1.9 steals, 3.6 TO

Irving: 21.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 6.2 apg, 1.2 steals, 2.6 TO

Lillard: 20.7 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.7 apg, 0.7 steals, 2.3 TO

Hmmmmmmmm. And Lillard is playing with a FAR superior team.

Yup, and that game winner was sick.  Scott and Carroll were right there, and Redskins-fan-living-in-Cowgirl-Country still got off his smoooth running jumper. 

And he said Romo is one of his favorite players now lol

How DWill is still considered a top PG is more perplexing.

Right? The dude is not even a starter now. I didnt even know he was benched until they played the celtics the other day. I thought maybe he was injured and wasnt playing until Jon Barry was commenting on the height of the starters for the Nets and mentioned "now that Deron Williams is coming off the bench" i was like  :o . I cant believe how much he has regressed since his days with the Jazz, dude was arguably the best PG in the league, or at least on par with Chris Paul.

Edited by Ozymandias

Apparently, Coach K agrees with me.

Ha! That was not the case when he was on his knees begging Wall to come to Duke. I'm sure he is still bitter about that hence the snub over injury prone Rose.

Another 41 for Durant tonight.

Can't wait for the Heat-Thunder game tomorrow. Probably so far the biggest game of the year. Hated OKC defense last night. Atlanta took advantage of the Thunder switches off picks. Had Fisher defending Scott and Millsap in the paint too many times.

Kyrie was in this protective bubble due to how Lebron left Cleveland.  Just my theory, but that's my rationale behind why I think he has been treated w/ kid gloves.  Look at the NATIONAL scrutiny John Wall faced in comparison.  It's an absolute joke.  Wall's name was nothing short of dragged through the mud and Kyrie was given a pass.  I like the kid, but I am kinda happy that people are now realizing that his stats are as hollow as they come because it has little effect on the Cavs' W/L record.

That could definitely be a part of it. There is definitely an emperor's new clothes element about Cleveland's entire organization, including Kyrie.

But also look at where each are playing. DC is a brutal media market. Cleveland is a complete backwater in comparison. A place where the media and fans worship you if you're good and the fans have inexhaustible patience.

The media and fans in DC are downright adversarial. Every bit as impatient and negative and vocal as the ones in Philly and New York. Our media has a vested interest in controversy and team failure. Their stations and papers and websites do better when fans are angry and disappointed.

In DC, you can turn in the best rookie season in the history of your sport, be a complete boy scout and class act with once in a generation charisma, and become a superstar. But if you come back too slow from an ACL reconstruction in January the next season and your team loses, heaven help you. The media will turn on you. A good chunk of the fan base will turn on you. And they'll trash your character in the process.

You've got Kyrie's media market trumpeting him without reservation and blowing sunshine up our asses about him. You've got John's own home market and his fan base questioning him as soon as the honey moon of that rookie season is over. The Wizards were the league's punchline. It's marketing. It's one of the biggest reasons the NBA has been so tepid about embracing Wall.

Ricky Rubio is a terrific FIBA PG and can't shoot at all. Shooting ability alone doesn't trump all around superiority at the PG spot in the FIBA game either. You'll have all kinds of shooters at SG, SF, and PF on the team too.

It was a snub and a mistake, especially this early in the process. I can understand leaving him off the final 12, especially if they only take 2 PGs. But not cutting him this early.

They should forget about distinguishing between PGs and SGs and do this to make sure they take their best 12:

G: Paul, Curry, Harden, Wall if Westbrook isn't healthy.

F: LeBron, Durant, George, Melo, Love, Aldridge, Davis

C: Take one, Howard or Hibbert, whoever is healthiest.

- They only need one true center to deal with opposing size like Gasol. Other than that, Aldridge and Davis are credible options at C.

- They can go with just four guards if they take three PGs including Curry because Curry can easily play SG and Wall/Westbrook can defend opposing 2s. Plus George and Durant can play SG too. LeBron can handle a lot of PG duties.

They need more than just CP3 as a pure point though. 6 of those 12 are shooters. Wall would be a terrific fit off the bench because he can keep the same pressure up that you'd ostensibly get from Paul and LeBron. He can break down opposing depth and find those shooters. Plus provide a disruptive defensive player and break starter.

But aside from all that, Deron doesn't deserve to be on the team any more. Lillard and Kyrie are worse PGs than Wall. And trying to use team USA as a rehab for Rose is dumb. It's questionable if Westbrook will be ready too. Wall has been the third best PG in the NBA this season, he's one of USA's best options this summer.