Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Warriors need a back up point guard who can distribute the ball.  Curry is playing too much and is getting exhausted, and when he goes out, the second team is turribl, just turribl.  

If they could pry Andre Miller from the Nugs, it might be the last piece to make the Dubs a real championship threat.  

ps- John Wall is really, really good.  

I thought that trade talk had stalled? If this goes through, stupid trade for the lakers, great trade for the Cavs. Bynum shows no motivation, it seems like he doesnt care. i feel like he would do better going to the heat or the clippers, since they are contenders and wouldnt need him to be the best big man on the floor, just rebounds and defense.

Bynum would be immediately cut by whoever traded for him. He's a giant, immediate expiring contract.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

My Lord...Andrew Bynum is on my team.

Thibs may shoot him.

And Lu's gone. What the actual ****?

I know it's a tank move for the future but just wow

He's on your team for a few hours. They'll cut him as soon as he can before his salary becomes guaranteed.

Nvm he'll be waived

He's on your team for a few hours. They'll cut him as soon as he can before his salary becomes guaranteed.

Just saw it.

I understand the move.

With Mirotic coming over from Spain next season, it makes sense. Booz is getting amnestied 

Noah

Gibson

Mirotic

Butler

Penny Jr. (lol)

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Warriors need a back up point guard who can distribute the ball.  Curry is playing too much and is getting exhausted, and when he goes out, the second team is turribl, just turribl.  

If they could pry Andre Miller from the Nugs, it might be the last piece to make the Dubs a real championship threat.  

ps- John Wall is really, really good.

So are the Warriors. The bench isn't great, but the starters are so good that it hasn't mattered. GS has an unbelievable amount of offensive talent. I think they've got the best and most balanced starting five in the NBA.

Plus every team is flawed IMO. They do need a back up PG. But in a series with a short bench anyway, I think the Warriors are already a true blue contender.

It didn't surprise me that the team could still put up 112 even with Curry having a quiet night. It didn't surprise me to see Thompson be the model of efficiency and effort, he's becoming a quality two way player that sticks to his role in the midst of an extremely talented line up. It also didn't really surprise me to see David Lee go off and play exactly his type of game.

What I was a little surprised by is just how good Bogut was defensively. I'd seen the crazy numbers, but it was pretty tangible watching him that third quarter. That was a Hibbert or Dwight level impact. Amazing rim protection, and the contrast there was stark between him and the Wizards' bigs. He's having a fantastic season and I'd seriously put him second to Hibbert for DPOY at this point.

I think just how good the Warriors have become defensively has been undersold because their offense is so spectacular. Having Mark Jackson establish their identity, adding Iggy, having Bogut healthy, and Thompson emerging as a quality defender has completely changed their defense. They're one of the best defensive teams in the NBA now IMO. Never though that was going to happen because of players like Lee, Curry, and Barnes.

Right now, Golden State is better off for having gotten Iggy instead of Dwight. And that's something I never thought would happen. Amazing.

Also, I know I said before that teams don't play defense in the West, but at least two teams definitely do. The Warriors and Thunder are two of the most well balanced teams in the league right now. And we know the Spurs and Grizzlies can defend when they are healthy.

The Warriors are much, much better than the Wizards. That was pretty clear from watching that game. Your trade for a big man with sketchy health worked out a lot better than ours did, that's for sure.

Right now the Wizards are John Wall and a bunch of guys who may or may not earn their pay that night.

• Like 1

The Bulls needed to get under the luxury tax line and now they're almost there. It's a good move. Let's them tank and clear their cap up. They needed to make a decision on what to do for the second half of the Derrick Rose era, and that involved tanking because they don't know what they're going to have with him moving forward.

Now they'll tank for a season, probably come out of the draft with a franchise type talent, and be back to winning next season. A proper tank. One without ending up in the NBA's gutter for the better part of a decade.

But it does kind of sting to not get more back for Luol Deng. Though the draft picks might end up being pretty nice. The Cavs are still a shaky organization.

As far as amnestying Boozer, I don't know if that's smart. He's a significant expiring contract next season. They should try and deal him instead.

I think it's an EXCELLENT deal for the Bulls.  They are rebuilding the right way.  Wish we had a GM with the same foresight as Gar Foreman.  SMH.  I just read an article stating that management knows the championship window has closed with the current squad, so they are retooling with the hopes of making another run in another year or two. 

As far as the Cavs, Deng makes them a whole lot better.  He's one of the better defenders at the 3 and his offense will definitely help.  I'll take it over to the Wizards thread, but to me, this team is now better than ours. 

In other words, probably three seconds

Hey man.

Don't count out Boogie and the Kings winning games lol. 

As far as amnestying Boozer, I don't know if that's smart. He's a significant expiring contract next season. They should try and deal him instead.

They have A LOT of money tied into Taj, who is really taking a step this season offensively. Booz has to go. Plus, he's been kinda awful this season

for some reason, they thought beating PHX last night was a good idea.

Damn you thibs

I picture Thibs living in a hotel like the one Paulie was in during Rocky III. Every night, he stares intensely into a cracked mirror saying, "Miss the playoffs? Not on my watch" over and over again. He might become the first coach fired for winning too much.

• Like 2

Perhaps some of you are familiar with Bill Simmons's "The Mike Tyson Zone" concept, where an athlete's behavior becomes so bizarre and outrageous that truly anything someone claims about them must be taken as plausible.

It's time for Simmons to rename it the Dennis Rodman zone.

Becoming BFFs with the ****ing dictator of North Korea, spontaneously going Marylin Monroe for him on his birthday, getting drunk and berating Chris Cuomo on CNN and effectively defending one of the regime's human rights violations...

Of all the utterly bizarre things he's done in the past, we've entered new territory with this one. Nothing is off the table with him. He'll go down as the most absurd athlete of all time.

What I wouldn't give to be able to read the North Korean headlines and op/eds about him.

"Greatest American Athlete Ever Dear Rodman Inspired by Dear Leader's Magnificence, Sings Happy Birthday, Strikes Blow to Mongrel American Race."

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 2

Just heard that if Golden State had held on to beat Brooklyn tonight, it would have been the first time a team went 7-0 on a 7 game road trip.

Damn Nets. I can't decide who the bigger blight on the NBA is between them and the Knicks.

I still don't think the Nets are any good.  The Dubs just looked tired.  In the first quarter they were running the Nets off the court, and had something like a 16 point lead.  Then they hit the wall and spent the rest of the game walking in molasses.   Another back to back at the end of a 7 game cross country road trip was just too much to overcome.  

Nice win for the Wiz last night.