Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

How can such an athletic guy in one sport look so goofy playing another? Never understood that. My best sport growing up was basketball, but I wasn't the least bit uncoordinated playing football or baseball.

Muscle memory

Lol. I'm dying to hear what he did to cause this

AHAHAHA and this is even better....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-insider-blatche-break-article-1.1560142#ixzz2ovZOCncD

Jason Kidd says Andray Blatche to miss Nets' next four games for 'personal reasons'

The Nets are another man down, only this time an injury isn’t the problem.

Jason Kidd announced before Friday’s game that center Andray Blatche would miss the Nets’ next four games for “personal reasons.” Kidd said Blatche would not join the team on its upcoming three-game road trip.

Blatche, who was at the team’s shootaround on Friday morning, has averaged 11.6 points and 5.9 rebounds this season, logging 23 minutes per game. With the Nets already without Brook Lopez (broken foot) for the rest of the season, Blatche’s absence will leave them even more shorthanded in the frontcourt.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

johnnyroundball_medium.gif

Lol Manziel is at the Hawks-Bobcats game. They showed him shooting hoops on the court, prior to the game. His first shot was a layup, which he missed, and looked awkwardly doing so.

How can such an athletic guy in one sport look so goofy playing another? Never understood that. My best sport growing up was basketball, but I wasn't the least bit uncoordinated playing football or baseball.

you ever see Usain Bolt try and dribble a basketball?

he may have not have played basketball much. NOt surprising.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Lol Manziel is at the Hawks-Bobcats game. They showed him shooting hoops on the court, prior to the game. His first shot was a layup, which he missed, and looked awkwardly doing so.

If you don't play/focus on playing basketball, how would you expect someone to be good at it? 

I'm very coordinated...played sports in HS/College....however, give me a soccer ball, and I'm tripping over my feet trying to dribble or shoot. 

anyways...did any of you read that D.Wade fathered a kid with some bird?  LOL. 

Slamming the basketball and getting all mad about missing it was pathetic. That kid is immature. Woe to any NFL team that drafts him thinking they're getting a starting QB. There is no way he can handle that life right now. The warning signs about his immaturity couldn't be any more clear.

C'mon SM...you're better than this. 

Immaturity from him slamming a ball?  This is almost as bad as the media heads piling on Cam Newton for having a disingenuous smile of all things. 

IMO, he's going to be a good pro.  VERY good pro.  Unless I hear from some of his own teammates at TAMU about how terrible of a person he is on/off the field, I'll choose to ignore the speculation. 

RA: how do you know he doesn't play a lot of basketball, or didn't play it growing up? Everyone has shot hoops before. That's totally different than you trying to play soccer, a sport it sounds like you've never played.

And yes, slamming the ball WAS immature. Look at the clip again, dude. There's a woman with a mic as he's attempting the layup. And there are little kids there with her. Dude got embarrassed because he missed the layup. Should have just laughed it off. He's a tool bag.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Slamming the basketball was immature? No one is too "mature" to slam a basketball. Play some pick up ball and you'll see it all the time, it's just frustration, and the old steady family men aren't immune to it. It's not like he started cussing and refused to let anyone else play.

Hiding frustration can be hard. Watch guys in church leagues adjust to the no cussing rules and you'll see what I mean. It's pretty funny to hear the word slip out and then wait for the look of shame to creep in.

• Like 1

RA: how do you know he doesn't play a lot of basketball, or didn't play it growing up? Everyone has shot hoops before. That's totally different than you trying to play soccer, a sport it sounds like you've never played.

And yes, slamming the ball WAS immature. Look at the clip again, dude. There's a woman with a mic as he's attempting the layup. And there are little kids there with her. Dude got embarrassed because he missed the layup. Should have just laughed it off. He's a tool bag.

Bubble Skip,

How o you know he DIDN'T play basketball growing up?  I'm just saying that you can't assume that someone knows how to play a certain sport b/c they are dominant in something else. 

Another example, watch guys who play pro football/basketball take BP or shag balls in the outfield.  It's nothing short of a comedy of errors. 

Speaking of baseball, would you know that Johnny Damon was a good player if you watched him throw?  And that's IN his respective sport.  Just sayin'...

Edited by RonArtest15

I think you've got a bit of an agenda to defend Manziel RA15. The immaturity flags with that kid are far more vast than his douchey little reaction to missing that shot. You've read Wright Thompson's article about him haven't you? The mildest way you can characterize him after that is a spoiled little douchebag whose dad is a bit of an asshole. The NFL tests the character and strength of the MOST mature and level headed and gifted QBs in football. Manziel is faaaar from that.

Also, even if Manziel wasn't an immature little tool, he still wouldn't be a good NFL prospect. He doesn't have an NFL body and I don't think he has the natural passing ability to translate his game to the NFL. I watch him and, just like with Taj Boyd or Jameis Winston, notice that it's his teammates that are the playmakers and best players on the team and not him.

I think he's a mid round project player whose running ability is his only interesting attribute, and that he's a long shot to be a consistent NFL starter. But I can see him getting drafted and sold to a fan base as a future franchise QB because of the hype surrounding him as a former Heisman Trophy winner from a traditional power program.

I think you've got a bit of an agenda to defend Manziel RA15. The immaturity flags with that kid are far more vast than his douchey little reaction to missing that shot. You've read Wright Thompson's article about him haven't you? The mildest way you can characterize him after that is a spoiled little douchebag whose dad is a bit of an asshole. The NFL tests the character and strength of the MOST mature and level headed and gifted QBs in football. Manziel is faaaar from that.

Also, even if Manziel wasn't an immature little tool, he still wouldn't be a good NFL prospect. He doesn't have an NFL body and I don't think he has the natural passing ability to translate his game to the NFL. I watch him and, just like with Taj Boyd or Jameis Winston, notice that it's his teammates that are the playmakers and best players on the team and not him.

I think he's a mid round project player whose running ability is his only interesting attribute, and that he's a long shot to be a consistent NFL starter. But I can see him getting drafted and sold to a fan base as a future franchise QB because of the hype surrounding him as a former Heisman Trophy winner from a traditional power program.

I may have an agenda to defend him, but you're criticizing the guy for slamming a ball.  So it goes both ways. 

He's got money and lives it up.  What's wrong with that?  Like I said, if his current (or ex) teammates/coaches have anything to say about him to the contrary, then I'll put stock in his immaturity.  Until then, it's just people taking shots from the sidelines. 

He'd be a mid-round project player in any draft before 2013.  The success of guys like Brees and Wilson have paved the way for undersized QBs to be taken a bit more seriously despite their lack of height.  He's got an above average arm, but an absolute GIFT for extending the play and making the spectacular happen.  Of course he's not going to have the same success in the NFL as he does in college, but he's been flat out dominant in arguably the best conference in the NCAAs. 

IF he's drafted to the right team, he's going to do wonders.  I'd like to see him go to a team with a good run game.  That will help him immensely if he's projected to start.  Dude should go in the top 15...probably 10.  Just like Cam Newton, I'm hoping for nothing but success for him on the next level and hope he sticks his middle finger up at all the people unnecessarily criticizing  along the way. 

*FWIW, this is the last I'll comment on Manziel in here...we gotta keep it to b-ball. 

Slamming the basketball was immature? No one is too "mature" to slam a basketball. Play some pick up ball and you'll see it all the time, it's just frustration, and the old steady family men aren't immune to it. It's not like he started cussing and refused to let anyone else play.

Hiding frustration can be hard. Watch guys in church leagues adjust to the no cussing rules and you'll see what I mean. It's pretty funny to hear the word slip out and then wait for the look of shame to creep in.

Dude, you're comparing apples to oranges. He wasn't playing in an actual game. It looks like he was taking part in a Chik-Fil-a promotion. He acted like an ass in front of the little ones. Stop defending this clown.

Bubble Skip,

How o you know he DIDN'T play basketball growing up? I'm just saying that you can't assume that someone knows how to play a certain sport b/c they are dominant in something else.

Another example, watch guys who play pro football/basketball take BP or shag balls in the outfield. It's nothing short of a comedy of errors.

Speaking of baseball, would you know that Johnny Damon was a good player if you watched him throw? And that's IN his respective sport. Just sayin'...

Hitting a baseball is just a taaad bit harder than making a layup with no one guarding you.

My point was, growing up, none of the QBs I played sports with were uncoordinated at basketball. A QB is akin to a PG in basketball. Almost always a QB will have some level of talent in basketball. Especially one as athletic as JM. You come off as a guy that will defend someone you like, no matter what. JM is a douche.

Dude, you're comparing apples to oranges. He wasn't playing in an actual game. It looks like he was taking part in a Chik-Fil-a promotion. He acted like an ass in front of the little ones. Stop defending this clown.

1 - I'm not defending Johnny AA.  I think the guy has a giant blinking red flag hovering over his head that reads "alcoholic with rage issues and thin skin".  Buyer beware.  

2 - He slammed a basketball because he embarrassed himself which is exactly what you see in pick up games.  They aren't mad that they failed to help their randomly assembled team of strangers when they blow a layup, they are mad because people are laughing at them.  Same situation.  

3 - Lists should have at least three points.  So three.  

^^ You're totally missing the point. He acted like a little kid in front of little kids. And he was obviously doing some sort of promotion. He was in a public setting. Nowhere close to the pickup game scenario you're describing.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Edit: nailed it. He was doing a Chik-Fil-A 'skills' competition when he missed the layup lol What a d-bag.

Edited by Bubble Screen

INDIANAPOLIS: Kyrie Irving will have an MRI on his ailing left knee Wednesday after he injured it in the third quarter of Tuesday's 91-76 loss to the Indiana Pacers. He was cleared to return to the court, but Irving said he felt a "pop" in the knee and it still felt weak even after he in the fourth quarter.

"I thought the worst had happened," Irving said. "My left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didn't have my legs under me."

Link

Not good....

Link

Not good....

That doesn't sound good at all.  I hate watching him play the Wizards but he's entertaining as hell to watch.  His handles are elite and he can score from everywhere.  Guys like him and Steph Curry are a lot of fun to watch, too bad he's stuck in Cleveland and promised that little kid he'd never leave.  

Hope that knee is good.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Fan voting for the All Star game is pretty stupid. Derrick Rose has well over twice as many votes as John Wall this season. And Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo are comfortably 5th and 6th in voting while Arron Afflalo and Jeff Teague aren't even in the top ten.

Kevin Garnett and his 6 points a game with a 10 PER is 6th in voting among front court players.

Anyway, the East shouldn't have any snubs this season with how bad the conference has been. There should be an effort preventing guys getting in entirely on legacy even though they've been playing like scrubs and their teams are awful (ahem, KG). David West should certainly get in before KG does, and David West is not deserving.

If guys like Kyrie and Horford are out, the bottom of the East's roster is going to be pretty sketchy. The starters are going to be really good though.

Starters:

PG: Wall

SG: Wade

SF: George

PF: LeBron

C: Hibbert

Reserves:

- Melo

- Bosh

- Afflalo

- Teague, but it should have been Horford

- Al Jefferson

- Deng

- ... DeRozan?

I wouldn't mind seeing Drummond get the last spot. He's going to be an annual fixture in the game soon anyway.

No Brooklyn Net should make the team. No Celtic, Bull, Buck, or Raptor is really deserving either. Certainly no Knick other than Carmelo.

I think Wade getting a starting spot is also weak considering how much time he's missed. Paul George should start at SG, LeBron at SF, and Carmelo at PF with Hibbert at C and Wall at PG.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Wall should be #1 pg in the east. He's having a better season than Kyrie and the stats and wins support that statement. Rose getting votes is a joke, he's out for the year, again, and when he did play he wasn't very good.

The only guard I can see putting ahead of Wall is Wade.

Wall should be #1 pg in the east. He's having a better season than Kyrie and the stats and wins support that statement. Rose getting votes is a joke, he's out for the year, again, and when he did play he wasn't very good.

The only guard I can see putting ahead of Wall is Wade.

Walker > Wall