Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Top 100 plays of 2012 (Redskins mentions)

Not sure if this has been tracked on ES yet or not, but if not...NFL.com has the top 100 plays of last year. Here are the Skins plays that have made the list so far:

66. Garcon grabs from behind

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III underthrows wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who makes an amazing catch and takes it 59 yards for a touchdown in a Thanksgiving Day showdown against the division-rival Dallas Cowboys. (underthrows? lol...wrong)

64. RG 158.3

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III had a big day in a Week 11 rout of the Philadelphia Eagles, including this deep effort to wide receiver Santana Moss for a 61-yard touchdown. RG3 finished the game 14-for-15 passing for 200 yards and four touchdowns for a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

49. RG3 keeps the play alive

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III frantically scrambles and finds tight end Logan Paulsen for a first down on a fourth-and-10 play during a Week 7 game against the New York Giants.

48. Can't-miss Kerrigan

Washington Redskins defensive end Ryan Kerrigan picks off a quick pass from Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan and returns it for a touchdown during a Week 5 game.

43. RGTD

What's the perfect start for a promising professional football career? How about Robert Griffin III's first touchdown toss going for 88 yards? RG3's first scoring strike went to Pierre Garcon in the Washington Redskins' Week 1 win over the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome.

41. Redskins reach into the ol' bag of tricks

Robert Griffin III pitches to Brandon Banks, who laterals the ball back across the field to RG3, who then finds receiver Niles Paul downfield for a 30-yard gain in the Washington Redskins' Week 4 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

35. Rousing in relief

Filling in for the injured Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins throws an 11-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Pierre Garcon and then runs in the two-point conversion in a Week 14 game against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167362/article/top-100-plays-of-2012-plays-91100

If they're gonna consider RG3's entire game against the Eagles to be a play, then The Butler's stomping of Dallas in the NFCE Championship Game has got to be top 10.

It reads that way but I think they were just talking about the TD pass to Santana Moss. They couched it in rhetoric about RG3's "perfect game"...Santana deserved the focus on that play, though. His catch and effort to get into the end zone were both incredible.

If they're gonna consider RG3's entire game against the Eagles to be a play, then The Butler's stomping of Dallas in the NFCE Championship Game has got to be top 10.

It reads that way but I think they were just talking about the TD pass to Santana Moss. They couched it in rhetoric about RG3's "perfect game"...Santana deserved the focus on that play, though. His catch and effort to get into the end zone were both incredible.

They did interview Santana Moss, and E.D and Wyche (I think) basically gave all the credit to Moss on it, admitting it was kind of a boneheaded throw by RG3 but Moss made a play. So Moss did get a lot of the credit on NFL AM, even if he doesn't in the article.

I feel like Garcon's 88 yarder in week one should be on this list.  Maybe it will be.

RGIII's 76 yard scamper in the Vikings game too.

You could also argue for the Cousins TD in the Baltimore game/his 2 point conversion, or alternatively, Richard Crawford's punt return in OT.  All of those were vital to our 7 game streak.

Morris probably could have 20 plays in the top 200, the way he just fought through tackles like a mad man, but he didn't have any huge 50+ yard runs, his longest was 39 yards, which makes it tough to see him getting into the top 50.

The last one I can think of off the top of my head might be the Jackson INT to seal the Dallas game.

I am thoroughly enjoying our players having solid highlight reels though, especially our offensive players.  Only had a couple guys like that in recent history; Moss, Portis, and Cooley were pretty much it for years in terms of highlighted plays.

im thinking that bomb aldrick robinson caught on thanksgiving day, that was a play of beauty. i was sure at first that RG3 had overthrown him by a mile, then he just runs right under it to make the catch in stride and keeps on trucking

Yet another Skins play on the list:

43. RGTD

What's the perfect start for a promising professional football career? How about Robert Griffin III's first touchdown toss going for 88 yards? RG3's first scoring strike went to Pierre Garcon in the Washington Redskins' Week 1 win over the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome.

I would think the Minnesota run will be top 10. I doubt we have any others on the list now. Maybe the Robinson Dallas TD will be on the list somewhere too. Pretty crazy to see how many Griffin has made in one year. 

I think the Flacco-> Jocoby Denver game TD will probably be #1. 

I can't think of any others right now though. 

And another one:

41. Redskins reach into the ol' bag of tricks

Robert Griffin III pitches to Brandon Banks, who laterals the ball back across the field to RG3, who then finds receiver Niles Paul downfield for a 30-yard gain in the Washington Redskins' Week 4 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Not sure how this beat out RG3's 4th-and-10 play.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I'd bump this to the front for Califan as the Redskins had another one today.

It was #35.... two plays actually..... the TD throw from Kirk Cousins to Garcon in the Ravens game as well as Cousins' run-in two point conversion as well.

That was a great game (except for RG3 getting hurt).

I wouldn't consider the throw to Santana against the Eagles "boneheaded."  Sometimes you have to take risks and that time it worked.  Had the ball been intercepted, they would have had it on what, their own 3 yard line?  We've waited years to have a quarterback who's not afraid to throw deep and accurately at that.

Though I'd bump this to the front for Califan as the Redskins had another one today.

It was #35.... two plays actually..... the TD throw from Kirk Cousins to Garcon in the Ravens game as well as Cousins' run-in two point conversion as well.

That was a great game (except for RG3 getting hurt).

Added it, thanks *thumbsup*

Califan007 writes:

You're welcome.

That is seven plays for the Redskins so far. Seven... out of the 66 shown so far. About one-tenth of the plays are theirs alone. That leaves 57 to divide among the other 31 teams.

Am I right that the Redskins have the most plays in the countdown so far? And that is without RG3's dazzling 76-yard run against the Vikings, which you know is on the list. :)

Quite an impressive showing in 2012. :D

Califan007 writes:

You're welcome.

That is seven plays for the Redskins so far. Seven... out of the 66 shown so far. About one-tenth of the plays are theirs alone. That leaves 57 to divide among the other 31 teams.

Am I right that the Redskins have the most plays in the countdown so far? And that is without RG3's dazzling 76-yard run against the Vikings, which you know is on the list. :)

Quite an impressive showing in 2012. :D

I think Rob Jackson's two INTs could make the list, as well as Cousin's 54 yard TD to Hankerson against the Browns. Add in the 76 yard TD by RG3 like you said and the Skins could dominate this list lol...

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the replay when if first hit nfl.com until mark 0:14 when the jerk in the red coat in the stands desides to play fan cop on people trying to congratulate RG3.

Man if that was my wife he forced back......He saw her coming, smh!

I enjoyed the replay when if first hit nfl.com until mark 0:14 when the jerk in the red coat in the stands desides to play fan cop on people trying to congratulate RG3.

Man if that was my wife he forced back......He saw her coming, smh!

lmao I just noticed that I bet he was a Vikings fan

Archived