Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First year season ticket holder - what can I expect on seat placement?

ggarriso

After about 7 years on the wait list and about 4 of passing on tickets the voice of Donovan calling out to me " are you in?" finally penetrated my mind and I saddled up for a pair of seasons tickets for the 2013 season.  The best section I was offered (naturally) was 400 sidelines/corner rows 1-15 - my ticket agent asked me for seating preferences and I said in order 

1 - lowest row

2 - closer to 50

3 - redskins side

Is it pretty much a given to be placed in the worst area of your purchased sections - aka  closer to the corner in rows 13-15 or is it all more random than that?  Any idea what I can expect?  See you all at the games!!

--G

I wouldn't expect a worse case scenario. They tend to try to work with you these days. No guarantees, especially since the upgrade process is still in progress, but I think they will try to make you happy. Just keep calling back and as soon as they assign your seats, if you don't like them they should be able to change them to something else. Good luck and welcome to the club!

My nephew came off the list several years ago and was offered section 405 row 15.  I expect you will get endzone corners  or close to it.  Your best bet is to grab the whatever seats you can as soon as they give you the green light.

Thanks for the responses all - they said they are waiting for the current upgrades to complete before assigning new ticket holder seats as that will yield us "better seats" :).. I'll def stay on them as June approaches and see if I cant hear about some options.

When I got mine two years ago they gave me the seat numbers that were available and I chose from there.  I would call back and ask specifics, wouldn't let them just randomly pick my seats.

When I got mine two years ago they gave me the seat numbers that were available and I chose from there.  I would call back and ask specifics, wouldn't let them just randomly pick my seats.

This is the best answer, I believe.

I'm not sure if they are going to give you what's available on the upgrade window that we see or if they have a separate pool.

What's available on the upgrade window now is upperlevel sidelines and endzone seats.  I've sat up there for years and there really isn't a bad view.

Congrats on getting tickets, let us know how it turns out, and check out the "everything you ever wanted to know about fedex field" thread that Mark has.  It's a fantastic tool.

Hail!

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, are you able to monitor your position on the waiting list at all?  Or was it a big surprise when you finally were able to purchase ST's?  I know I signed up a long time ago, but am wondering if I should join the waiting list again.  Congrats on being a new ST holder.  Hail.

Role Player - I have been 'eligible' for about 4 years now, I signed up right out of college so 2003 ish - there is no way I know of to monitor your progress you just get a letter in the mail one day.

Bruiser - I had been "negotiating" with the club level guys and when we did not come to terms I heard from the GA ticket office for the third time this summer :)  Not sure if they are still accepting deposits, I would assume so.

I think that sounds pretty good for the first year actually. 

Thanks for the input Sir - sounds like keepers!

Is it too late to get season tickets for this season? I got an offer a month or so ago. Are they sold out already?

Call the ticket office - there is a good chance you get still get seats.

Out of curiosity, are you able to monitor your position on the waiting list at all?  Or was it a big surprise when you finally were able to purchase ST's?  I know I signed up a long time ago, but am wondering if I should join the waiting list again.  Congrats on being a new ST holder.  Hail.

There was a time a while ago when you could go online and see what your position was but I haven't checked recently. If you call the ticket office, they may or may not be able to tell you exactly what your number is on the list, but they will tell you when you should expect to be up based on what year you were put on the list. For example, they will say "people who signed up on the waiting list in 2009 are getting seats this year." You may also want to do this just to make sure they still have you on the list. The last I heard, people were becoming eligible in as little as 2-5 years. Some people have even reported getting offers immediately so I guess it's somewhat random.

Just got my season ticket assignment. First time season ticket holder. Been on the waiting list since 2007 when I graduated college.

Section 450, row 22, seats 23 and 24.

Already put a call in to see if I could move down some rows and shift a section closer to the end zone but was told that the only seats that are currently available are single seats in my price range.

Not sure what to be expecting in that section. I've been to 5 games at FedEx in my life (i'm from Upstate, NY) one of which was in the upper deck (the infamous doug free hold on Orakpo game), and the rest have been in the lower levels (while more expensive was an absolute blast).

Literally just got off the phone with the guy.  I am freaking thrilled.  My mom had season tickets for years and recently gave them up.  I am now in a position to get them on my own and just snagged two seats Section 307 row 18.  Freaking thrilled.  

Club seats?

Literally just got off the phone with the guy.  I am freaking thrilled.  My mom had season tickets for years and recently gave them up.  I am now in a position to get them on my own and just snagged two seats Section 307 row 18.  Freaking thrilled.  

Club seats?

Yessir.  It actually was not as bad as I was anticipating.  I don't know how accurate it is but he said they are running a 25% off promotion through June 15. 

I'm also a first time STH and got the email today. I'm over the moon! Section 450, row 28. I opted to go higher if I could get closer to the 50, so I'm one row from the top of the stadium. I'd like to be lower, but hey, I'm in. Let the dynasty begin. : )

I'm also a first time STH and got the email today. I'm over the moon! Section 450, row 28. I opted to go higher if I could get closer to the 50, so I'm one row from the top of the stadium. I'd like to be lower, but hey, I'm in. Let the dynasty begin. : )

Section 450 buddddies

I'll be there six rows in front of you! Bringing my 60 year old mother to her first Redskins game (I've converted her from a Giants to Redskins fan over the course of the past ten years) for the home opener against Philly.

Club seats?

Yessir.  It actually was not as bad as I was anticipating.  I don't know how accurate it is but he said they are running a 25% off promotion through June 15. 

Club seats have been 50% off during the last few years. $1990 for Zone D. Is this what you got?

Club seats?

Club seats have been 50% off during the last few years. $1990 for Zone D. Is this what you got?

No, did I get ripped off? 2700 

Club seats?

A month or two ago they called and offered seats in section 337 for $1990 per seat. With a two year contract they would guarantee lower level sideline seats beginning in year 3. Did you at least get that guarantee?

Club seats?

A month or two ago they called and offered seats in section 337 for $1990 per seat. With a two year contract they would guarantee lower level sideline seats beginning in year 3. Did you at least get that guarantee?

I did get that at least, but still.  That is messed up.  

Club seats?

I did get that at least, but still.  That is messed up.  

You got that with a 1 year commitment or a 2 year commitment? It seems like their offers change every other day!

Archived