Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First year season ticket holder - what can I expect on seat placement?

ggarriso

Literally just got off the phone with the guy.  I am freaking thrilled.  My mom had season tickets for years and recently gave them up.  I am now in a position to get them on my own and just snagged two seats Section 307 row 18.  Freaking thrilled.  

Club seats?

Yessir.  It actually was not as bad as I was anticipating.  I don't know how accurate it is but he said they are running a 25% off promotion through June 15. 

Club seats have been 50% off during the last few years. $1990 for Zone D. Is this what you got?

No, did I get ripped off? 2700 

A month or two ago they called and offered seats in section 337 for $1990 per seat. With a two year contract they would guarantee lower level sideline seats beginning in year 3. Did you at least get that guarantee?

I did get that at least, but still.  That is messed up.  

You got that with a 1 year commitment or a 2 year commitment? It seems like their offers change every other day!

I offered 1990 for anything in Zone D and a 1 year commitment before LL and was turned down.. for the record :)

These club seats are crazy - you just never know what they are going to say. They're making a huge profit either way and typically as the season gets closer the deals will get better. They also hype their "Premium Club Monthly Events" and I got invited to one last year. Drinks weren't even free at the Christmas party. Merry Christmas - that'll be $4.00 please! lol. Regardless, congrats on the seats and the upgrade option to lower level.

Buying club seats from the Skins is like buying a car. They are still desperate to fill the seats, especially the Zone D ones. Never take their first, second or third offer. Hold out. They will agree to a "good" price.

I was quoted the standard and listed Zone D price of $3750/seat and the annual six percent increase. I said, "No." They emailed me back with the 25 percent off limited time offer. I said, "Sure," fully planning on still trying to negotiate. After a few more back and forths, they asked me to name a price. I asked for the LL GA price fully knowing I wouldn't get it. But I did get $2000/seat and no annual increase. Talking to other people, I believe the $1900-2000/seat range is the lowest they will go with clubs. I believe they hold the prices a little more firm for the club seats closer to the 50-yard line.

Is it worth it? Probably not from a strict finacial standpoint. But I love the Redskins, we've had season tickets forever and my dad is getting older to the point where he can't stand for a while game. So we made the switch from the LL to Club.

I don't believe new season ticket holders can get club seats for 1990 with options to move to lower level sidelines. I think you have to already be a season ticket holder for that. I know that when I was in the upper level, they would contact me to offer me club seats for a year and then get to move to the lower level. Then once I was in the lower level they offered me club seats for a year and then I'd get to move to the sideline.

I would be pissed if a new season ticket holder got the same offer as I did. I think $2700 is very fair, especially if you get the chance to get regular tickets after two years. I'm pretty sure the folks on here that got the $1990 offer are already season ticket holders.

I would be curious to know what tickets people previously had and what they are offered if they get clubs for a year. I'm guessing that the worse seats you have now and the better seats you want, you are going to have to pay more for the club level. Like if you want to move from the upper level corners to the lower level sidelines, it will be possible, but you will have to pay more than $1990 for club seats. By the way, I had to pay $1990 for club seats for one year to move from section 108 to 104. I'm satisfied with my decision.

Quick question boys -

I am the original thread creator with first year seats in 446 row 8, I asked about getting closer to the 50 and the best they could do was 420 row 9.. take it or keep it as is?

I'd stay in 446 -- home side is preferable.  Sun on the visitors side can be brutal early in the season.  

Quick question boys -

I am the original thread creator with first year seats in 446 row 8, I asked about getting closer to the 50 and the best they could do was 420 row 9.. take it or keep it as is?

I'd stay in 446 -- home side is preferable.  Sun on the visitors side can be brutal early in the season.  

Thanks brother! Was leaning that way - will dance with the one that brought me!

Yeah, I agree. No decision here -  stay where you are. 2 years ago I sat on the visitors side in the lower level for the Patriots game. It was in December and I was holding my hand over my eyes for most of the game trying to block the sun - it was brutal.

Quick question boys -

Thanks brother! Was leaning that way - will dance with the one that brought me!

Congrats my man.  This is some exciting stuff.  Sept 9th will be circled on my calendar all summer. 

I was taking a look at the FedExField Stadium Diagram posted on the redskins.com website and noticed that the upper side line rows 16-29 seemed to have decreased in price from when I purchased my season tickets back in March. My total invoice for Section 450, row 22, seats 23 and 24 totaled $1543 (2 adults at $759 plus a $25 handling fee), I also paid an additional $200 dollar activation fee for rights to the seats.

It appears as if the seats have gone down in price in my section from $759 to $690. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is? I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that there's only single seats left in those sections so you don't have the luxury of being able to lump seats together.  

Yeah, I agree. No decision here -  stay where you are. 2 years ago I sat on the visitors side in the lower level for the Patriots game. It was in December and I was holding my hand over my eyes for most of the game trying to block the sun - it was brutal.

First year ticket holder here too. I was assigned 423, row 12, seats 15,16. Should I be seriously concerned about the sun enough to where I should take a section closer to the end zone on the home side? 

First year ticket holder here too. I was assigned 423, row 12, seats 15,16. Should I be seriously concerned about the sun enough to where I should take a section closer to the end zone on the home side? 

No, I personally don't think so. GGarriso was only gaining one section by staying on the visitors side. Yours are closer to midfield so you would have to move backwards more probably. I was just saying all things being equal (or close to equal) I think the home side wins every time. Your seats sound good for a first year season ticket holder - congrats!

Folks may think I am crazy but I am a second year ticket holder and I have kept my row 29 seats and just moved closer to mid field with sec 402.

For starters I need the cheapest seats as I am barely able to make that but given those options I love the last row. I can stand whenever, stand on seat some times, and I can bang on the fence for Defense. 

My almost 4 year old daughter really wants to go so I was thinking of taking her to a preseason game. Any hints from fans? Is there a kids zone? Is it silly to bring a kid that young even if it is just preseason? We live in Baltimore and I am worried she will become a Ravens Fan otherwise.

No, I personally don't think so. GGarriso was only gaining one section by staying on the visitors side. Yours are closer to midfield so you would have to move backwards more probably. I was just saying all things being equal (or close to equal) I think the home side wins every time. Your seats sound good for a first year season ticket holder - congrats!

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'm pumped. MNF opener can't come soon enough

I was taking a look at the FedExField Stadium Diagram posted on the redskins.com website and noticed that the upper side line rows 16-29 seemed to have decreased in price from when I purchased my season tickets back in March. My total invoice for Section 450, row 22, seats 23 and 24 totaled $1543 (2 adults at $759 plus a $25 handling fee), I also paid an additional $200 dollar activation fee for rights to the seats.

It appears as if the seats have gone down in price in my section from $759 to $690. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is? I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that there's only single seats left in those sections so you don't have the luxury of being able to lump seats together.  

The $690 is the pre-tax price. If you go to checkout you will see they add the 10% PG tax and your total will still be $759. The ticket prices definitely have not dropped any.

Wow, $200 per seat activation fee?? I only had to pay $50 per seat back in 2003 and I wasn't happy about that.

The $690 is the pre-tax price. If you go to checkout you will see they add the 10% PG tax and your total will still be $759. The ticket prices definitely have not dropped any.

Wow, $200 per seat activation fee?? I only had to pay $50 per seat back in 2003 and I wasn't happy about that.

I think it's $100 per seat, not $200 per seat. He probably meant $200 TOTAL activation fee.

Archived