Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tyrann Mathieu with the 2nd/ Marcus Lattimore in the 4th

lovemaskins

I never did come back to this thread to say "i told u so" and I won't however Tyrann did end being what I thought he'd be.  DROY candidate playmaker, etc...

But I digress, who should we take this year that may seem controversial.  My pick is Dri Archer, the 4.26 speed burner running back that may be the next Chris Johnson.  I say take him in the 3rd and forget that we need a guard or linebacker or safety.  If he does become CJ3K then we really could have found lightning to go with Alfred's thunder.

Besides there's nothing else to talk about and I didn't want to start a new thread.

Can't help it, I TOLD YALL SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those of you wondering, yes I'd take Tyrann over Amerson. 

I was never against the Redskins drafting the Honey Badger, but lets slow down before we name him All Pro.

Just because he had one good year doesn't mean he'll have anymore. I'll give him 3 to 4 years before I can say we should've drafted him.

Doubt he would be anything like CJ2K... pretty sure CJ2K is like 210 lbs, and Archer is like a 175 maybe 180?

As a change of pace/pass catching RB then maybe...

Archer or DeAnthony Thomas - WR/RB/PR/KR - we need to draft one of them, I would go DeAnthony since we can probably get him later in the draft.

Bro, he was lights out last year.  I believe he finished 2nd in Rookie of the year honors behind the guy from the Jets.  Can't think of his name right now, but like I said last year, you can't coach a guys ability to just be a football player and be a playmaker.  You either are or your not and he proved he was. 

I can't think he'll just fall off the map barring injury.  But he'd a cardinal so screw him.  I'm about getting Dri Archer to this team.  Some would say we don't need a back, but I'd like to see him in the backfield spelling Morris.  Starting to get tired waiting for Helu.

4.26.......... That's blazing.  4.26..........

Archer before the 3rd? Draft him with the 2nd?

Are fans that delusional? Every "expert" and draft board has Archer no higher than a 4th and most have him in the 5th and 6th round range. 

I'll give you Honeybadger though. I wanted him in the 3rd. 

With this comment about Archer in the 2nd/3rd and the other thread where posters started talking about taking the WR out of Indiana at 34 ... who literally has come out of nowhere ... I have to wonder what people are thinking?

I'm ALL FOR Archer as a 5th or 6th rounder ... but we have Morris and Helu and Thompson right now ... going RB in the 2nd or 3rd is pure luxury. We need to draft secondary/OL/DL 

I agree we need lineman.  Personally I want a Right Tackle at 34.  And smart money says we go lineman in the 3rd maybe even tightend with Reed's concussion issues.  We also need a linebacker.  I'm not delusional, I just think 4.26 speed isn't seen often and when it appears you have to seriously consider added it to your football team. 

You can't coach freak of nature.  Just like teams can't pass up a talent like Clowney even though they may not need a DE.  I just think you get him and figure out how to use him later. 

I agree we need lineman.  Personally I want a Right Tackle at 34.  And smart money says we go lineman in the 3rd maybe even tightend with Reed's concussion issues.  We also need a linebacker.  I'm not delusional, I just think 4.26 speed isn't seen often and when it appears you have to seriously consider added it to your football team. 

You can't coach freak of nature.  Just like teams can't pass up a talent like Clowney even though they may not need a DE.  I just think you get him and figure out how to use him later. 

Oh I feel ya ... but I also think you're getting a little Al Davis syndrome. Archer is fast and could be a great complement to our offense, but he's slated as a 4th to 6th rounder right now. Maybe he goes much higher if a team falls in love with him, but for now, I'm not even thinking about him any earlier than the 4th.

I'm ALL FOR Archer as a 5th or 6th rounder ... but we have Morris and Helu and Thompson right now ... going RB in the 2nd or 3rd is pure luxury. We need to draft secondary/OL/DL

Personally, I think Archer projects more as a slot WR than a RB, but you can move him all over the field.

Think about it like this.  If he turns out to be Reggie Bush like or even a great return man, say like Hester/Trindon Holiday, you don't he'd be worth a high 3rd round pick.  We've got a 3rd into Lereibus and we don't know if he'll be in shape.  Fred Davis, Malcolm Kelly, and Devin Thomas were all busts in the 2nd. 

If we get any production like Chris Johnson or Hester as a special teamer in the 3rd and can also use him to run screens, reverses, draws, etc... I think you have to consider him in the 3rd and not assume he'll be there in the 5th/6th round. 

You would have to be out of your mind to Draft Tyrann"torn ACL/PCL" Mathieu over David"Healthy"Amerson because we would have had to take him at #51 to get him at all.

But for arguments sake lets say he fell to our 3rd round pick.....I would much rather have Jordan Reed than Tyrann Mathieu but that's just me.....

You'd rather have Jordan "I'm concussed for the rest of the season again, and my career might be over" Reed over Tyrann "torn ACL/PCL" Mathieu/rookie of the year candidate playmaker. I'd take Mathieu, but I don't care about him cause it's moot.  He's a Cardinal.

Just remembering this topic from last year and people thought I was nuts then too.  Then Tyrann turned out to be a baller and I didn't look so stupid and delusional all of sudden.  And people like you who made "he's nuts" type comments disappeared into the ES black hole never to be heard from again. 

So yeah, for arguments sake I'd take Dri "4.26" Archer in the third round this year to play scat back/returner burner. 

A year ago people could have gloated about how smart they were for wanting to draft Aaron Hernandez, too.

Why is Aaron Hernandez, the worst possible situation imaginable, now the go-to comparison for every player without a squeeky clean backgound? 

Because people can't admit when they're wrong or want people to side with them and they need to somehow justify their position.  Natural human nature. 

Kind of like the abortion argument.  Opponents say "What about rape?" when 99% of abortion results from reckless or immature behavior. 

Sometimes you have to take a risk on a player that may help your football team.  Whether it's reaching for Tyrann Mathieu, or signing Desean Jackson, or using a third round pick on a guy like Dri Archer, sometimes you take a calculated risk.  You get burned sometimes but when it works it feels SWEET.

You'd rather have Jordan "I'm concussed for the rest of the season again, and my career might be over" Reed over Tyrann "torn ACL/PCL" Mathieu/rookie of the year candidate playmaker. I'd take Mathieu, but I don't care about him cause it's moot.  He's a Cardinal.

Just remembering this topic from last year and people thought I was nuts then too.  Then Tyrann turned out to be a baller and I didn't look so stupid and delusional all of sudden.  And people like you who made "he's nuts" type comments disappeared into the ES black hole never to be heard from again. 

So yeah, for arguments sake I'd take Dri "4.26" Archer in the third round this year to play scat back/returner burner. 

Jordan Reeds career is about to be over? that's news to me because he's been cleared and is working out with RGIII right now. Where is Tyrann Matheiu? Will he even be healthy enough to play this season? 

Jordan Reed can not be covered and you'll see this year why I would much rather have Jordan Reed than Tyrann Matheiu. But you were right that Tyrann Matheiu was a baller but a lot of people were arguing for him to play boundary corner and a lot of us were arguing he can't play boundary corner. Seeing as though he played roaming safety I think the cardinals feel the same way too. 

True but to think that Jordan Reed's career could be in jeopardy is something that has to be considered.  Just like the RB, Jahvid Best in Detroit.  The head can only take so many concussions and Reed has had 3 in the past two years.  Another and he may be done or seriously reconsider playing.

So yeah, that does concern me, but maybe you don't care about a man's well being, as long as the Redskins win right. 

True but to think that Jordan Reed's career could be in jeopardy is something that has to be considered.  Just like the RB, Jahvid Best in Detroit.  The head can only take so many concussions and Reed has had 3 in the past two years.  Another and he may be done or seriously reconsider playing.

So yeah, that does concern me, but maybe you don't care about a man's well being, as long as the Redskins win right. 

True yea the concussion aspect is concerning hopefully it isn't something that turns in to a jahvid best situation. Man Jahvid Best was going to be a star in this league until concussions destroyed him, it's s shame too. 

Archived