Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

For all the Andre Smith guys, Isnt this the overly large and probably obese RT who ran with his shirt off at the combine? so you really think he is mobile enough to run the ZBS? I noticed him vs the Ravens and he is still HUUUUUGE

Cincy's offense is hybrid. They so run some ZBS and Smith is the main reason behind their line success and running. Dude's playing at a pro bowl level and quickly takes out the second level. In the game against the Chargers, he stalled Liuget and quickly elevated to the second level to take Takeo Spikes out of the play, allowing BGE to run through with ease.

He'd be a vet min deal. He may need to be on our list depending on cap money. My list will ebb and flow as we find things out :)

But yes.

Sign me up. I put him up there. He's got length, speed, and hands. All requirements to play in the East Coast Offense ;)

Cincy's offense is hybrid. They so run some ZBS and Smith is the main reason behind their line success and running. Dude's playing at a pro bowl level and quickly takes out the second level. In the game against the Chargers, he stalled Liuget and quickly elevated to the second level to take Takeo Spikes out of the play, allowing BGE to run through with ease.

Good info.....I just see his size and didnt know. If he is an upgrade then Im all for it...

Sign me up. I put him up there. He's got length, speed, and hands. All requirements to play in the East Coast Offense ;)

For the record, I have no idea why I'm quoting you, here... But if anyone thinks I left someone off that should be on "my" list... Or if I have someone that shouldn't be... Let me know. I went through that REAL quick. :ols:

He's on my "look at" list.

He is definitely worth looking at. With the right coach, he could be a nasty redzone threat.

The way I figure, lots of players are going to want to come and play with RGIII. The problem is, can we restructure the cap room to make it happen?

Do what? lol Andre Smith is who I am talking about...

I left him off my list, if you read my post above. I went through it fast and cut some guys out who should be there and probably added a few who shouldn't. He's one I should have had but accidentally cut. :ols:

I'll tell you who's playing 'lights out' right now is Pacman Jones... Dude is owning it... Too bad I could see him and DHall fighting at practice for some reason.

Meh, he is the third best corner at Cinci right now at best. He is a playmaker, but literally the same guy as DHall at this point in his career.

I haven't watched much Bengals film, but I have seen a metric **** ton of Bama tape. Andre Smith would be an excellent RT for us, he can move as well as any big lineman. He doesn't have Trent lightness on his feet, but he can certainly work in space if needed.

he doesn't need the light feet, he's a mauler. Takes people out in space and drives them to the next level to open up lanes. Our run game to either side would be ridiculous. The question is whether Cincy is dumb enough to let him go...

Do you mean Mike Wallace? If so, I think we're fine without him. The way he held out of training camp and OTAs this year because he felt he was worth more money, shows to me that he's the kind of player we can do without.

Yea, i think he would cost a lot to get but with him and Garcon on the field together would be pretty dynamic. No more adding the extra guy in the box to stop Morris/RGIII.

Yea, i think he would cost a lot to get but with him and Garcon on the field together would be pretty dynamic. No more adding the extra guy in the box to stop Morris/RGIII.

I left a lot of high priced guys off my personal list.

I also don't see much on the DL or ILB market to warrant signing them. As of now we have $3.3 million in cap room. I wouldn't look at anyone in the higher pay bracket as of this moment.

he doesn't need the light feet, he's a mauler. Takes people out in space and drives them to the next level to open up lanes. Our run game to either side would be ridiculous. The question is whether Cincy is dumb enough to let him go...

Oh, I agree. The problem with some road graders though is they have trouble in space. Smith works pretty well out there, which is key to our game.

Archived