Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So WHEN (Gibbs Hogs Heaven said it wasn't an if, so I had to change it) we win.... you wanna.... storm the field?

HeluCopter29

How about we act like we've been there before?

Besides, the team may revoke your season tickets.

Oh, please. Redskins fans stormed the field in '72 and '82 when we beat Dallas in the playoffs. It wouldn't even surprise me if some of our board members where among the fans that did it.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

You mean pro sports. College still happens a lot.

That's true, but I think it only happens in certain conferences. I know C-USA (the conference East Carolina belongs to) deals out harsh punishments to institutions if fans storm the field.

Back in 2009, Old Dominion University won its first home game in its first year. I remember, though, that the PA announcer came on with about 3 or 4 minutes left in the game and told the fans that they were not permitted to storm the field. We were all bummed but I understood. It really is a safety liability for the players, coaches, officials, and even the fans.

Hahah great thread. I'm sure the Redskins will release some kind of statement by Wednesday about this. (that is if this becomes some monster thread) I'll be in the club section so if somebody could catch me in the lower level that would be great.

Hahah great thread. I'm sure the Redskins will release some kind of statement by Wednesday about this. (that is if this becomes some monster thread) I'll be in the club section so if somebody could catch me in the lower level that would be great.

I appreciate your compliment of my thread.

"Almost universally, the perpetrator(s) will be ejected and banned for life from the ballpark, and may also face criminal charges depending on the nature of the offense."

Good luck doing that to thousands of people.

I'm not saying it should happen or that it's advisable, but seriously, do you think that's enforceable? The answer is a resounding no. You're 23, you should be the one down to do such things...live a little!

Everyone that doesn't want to storm the field should storm the lower level and form a perimeter in row 1 and sing Hail to the Redskins as Dallas walks off the field and some of our fans rush onto it. Team effort here guys everybody has a part...

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 11:35 PM ----------

Its not like they can ID check you or keep you photo at the gate for future games. People that buy their tix aftermarket should be the ones to do it, if anyone.

While the enthusiasm is great, beating Dallas in a regular season game at home should be expected. Winning the NFC East should be expected. We need to act like we've been there before, which we have.If you want to storm the field, do it after the playoff win the following week. :-) On a side note, it will be your last official act at Fedex Field, because you will be banned for life so make it a great one and at least get on Sports Center!

Oh, please. Redskins fans stormed the field in '72 and '82 when we beat Dallas in the playoffs. It wouldn't even surprise me if some of our board members where among the fans that did it.

Times have changed in America. Having fans storm the field could result in fines, jail time, and revocation of season tickets.

But hey, I have no right to tell you what to do.

Have at it.

Archived