Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: What is your confidence level in our team as of now?(merge)Now we're NFC East Champs

MustangSteve

Edit: Now that we ripped the hair out of the Dallas Cowboys heads for NFC East Championship

603312_10152404003255319_1557684641_n.jpg

And have enjoyed the wonderful gifts of their star QB Tony Romo sits to pee

66789_460415820685259_490464642_n.jpg

And sent their asses packing and back to Texas for the offseason

1138_10151331837799419_1974423647_n.jpg

With one last Romo sits to pee joke

546458_10200157352998397_2096281266_n.jpg

What is the confidence level in our Redskins now?

I will state this with confidence, if RG3's knee will finally heal up to full speed, this team can run the table. Our hardest and most dangerous opponent is 1st in line for the playoffs, the Seahawks. They are the best defense we are going to face in the playoffs, don't let the 49ers fool you, and a copycat of our offense, minus the #1 receiver. If we send them home, we have a damn good shot at the Super Bowl.

The 49ers want no parts of this team, the Redskins will embarrass them just like NY and Seattle did. The last thing the Falcons want is a rematch with this Redskins team. That other Redskins team they barely beat early in the season is gone, and the only thing left is this Redskins team that will beat their asses for it. That's for damn sure!

I'd say about a 7. Posted this on another board:

We're not done rebuilding yet, but look at where we are:

We have a QB. He's 22 and a rookie. We drafted him.

We have a RB. He's 24 and a rookie. We drafted him.

We have a legitimate #1 WR. He's 26.

We have two guys competing for the #2WR spot. One is 27.

The other is 23. We drafted him.

Behind them is a guy averaging 21.5 yards a catch. He's 25. We drafted him.

We have a TE. He's 26. We drafted him.

His backup has started half the season. He's 25. We signed him undrafted.

We have a FB. He's 25. We signed him undrafted.

We have a LT. He's 24. We drafted him.

We have a center. He's 29. The oldest starter on the offense.

Our backup RBs both have 100 yards games as starters for this team. They are 24 and 25. We drafted them.

Our backup QB just had a 300 yard game as a starter for this team. He's 24. We drafted him.

Look at the ages. Look at how many players are home-grown. And this is the #4 offense in the league right now. We need some linemen, but at this point ... that's it. For a long time.

The defense has more holes. It's older and not as good.

We do have two bonafide pass rushers, who are 24 and 26. We drafted both of them.

There are holes here. The entire secondary, for example. Injuries have killed us. However, over the past five games, our defense has started to gel too. It's allowed fewer points than all but eight teams during that span. Considering the calibre of our offense, it's getting the job done.

And if we continue to build through the draft, and begin to put our defense together the way we've done it for our offense ... this season is just the beginning. In that way it feels very different than either of the Gibbs years. I had confidence in those teams because of who was coaching them. This time I'm confident because of how the team is being built. So far so good. I'm very pleased.

I think we can beat anyone placed in front of us in the NFC.. I believe we will win out and finish 10-6, with a home game, and get to the NFC Championship game. To be honest, i think we're good enough to reach the SB.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 11:32 AM ----------

After this season, with the draft and FA... I say we become front runners in the NFC, as we battle ATL, SF, Seattle for the top spot in the conference.

About 50 years ago, a sportswriter wrote that no team is ever as bad as it looks when it's losing or as good as it looks when it is winning. I believe that was a sage observation.

When the Skins were 3-6, and Redskins fans seemed ready to throw in the towel just as Shanahan's comment implied, I figured that we were better than that. Now that the team has ripped off five wins in a row, my confidence level is not nearly as high as that of most Skins fans.

I think we're a mediocre team, lucky to be in a mediocre division.

This year feels much different than 05 & 07. With RG3 and the other rookies that we have, it just feels like we finally have something special here and it's just the beginning.

If we get to the playoffs I really see Kyle and his game plans staying one step ahead of defenses and taking us to a SB. Destiny perhaps? This team kind of feels like the 08' Cardinals

i'm pretty confident but still cautious about being overly optimistic.

when was the last time before this season that we put up 30 points in a game? I believe we have put up 30+ points in 8 games this season. that is truly amazing

and they make it so fun to watch now! It's a work of art and beautiful!

TBH, I'm just excited about this team. For the future I see great things once some holes are plugged. As for this season, I had the team going 7-9, so I'm loving being wrong. The team, in my opinion is playing with house money and can win the division, make the playoffs, and scare every other team in the playoffs, if we win out in the regular season. No team wants to play the Redskins in the playoffs. This is just great.

The only game I'm worrying about is Philly on the road. I'm confident as ever we are sending Dallas right back to Texas with an L. If we happen to get in the playoffs no one will want to play us and we will be playing with house money so our team will be really dangerous. I'm just hoping we can take care of Philly.

I have not been this excited about the Redskins since the late 80s early 90s, to be honest I think I am more excited now. This team is going to be special, that said I am still very nervous for the next two games. I hope we can win them both and not have to rely on any one else. I do feel if we get into the playoffs, this will be a scary team to play, there just seems to be some magic here that we haven't seen, EVER. Now for my dream, I would love to see this team make it to the Super Bowl, how cool would that be and if they did, what does that say for the future, as the coaching staff and players continue to gel!! Wow the future is definitely looking brighter !!

i'm pretty confident but still cautious about being overly optimistic.

when was the last time before this season that we put up 30 points in a game? I believe we have put up 30+ points in 8 games this season. that is truly amazing

We have put up 30+ pts/game 7 times this season and 38pts in 4 of those games. In the previous two seasons I don't remember scoring 30 pts in any of those games.

I'm very excited! This season has been a hell of a ride. The adversities we've overcome including injuries, that ******* Mara and suspensions are remarkable. My excitement is laced with caution since we have two division games ahead of us. I'm not ready to talk Superbowl yet. Let's win the next two games and take the division first. I'm sitting at a 7.5 confidence level.

I had serious anxiety leading up to the Ravens and Browns games, and feel a lot better about the Eagles and Cowboys--though I think both will be harder this time around, especially the Cowboys.

After that 3 week span where we swept the division, I was thinking "playoffs or bust." I maintain that mentality more than ever. However, leading up to the Browns game, Brian Mitchell on Comcast Sportsnet made a solid point that I lost sight of in all of the excitement: Next year, and the year after that, are more important than this year. I know it's hard to think about right now, but it's the absolute truth.

I'm praying that we make the playoffs, and I think that we will. Once we're there, I'm hoping all my anxiety will be over (yeah right) and we can just have fun watching the team battle--cause it's a lot further than I expected us to get in year one of the RG3-era. I definitely plan on going if we host a game.

HTTR

Im around a 7 as well. I have faith in this team but that old saying "any given Sunday" causes me some concern. I believe we will beat the Eagles in a fairly close game.. but the Cowboys game scares me a little. They have been playing pretty decent ball lately and we beat them w/o Demarco Murray. I still think we beat the Cowboys but no way is my confidence at 100%.

About 50 years ago, a sportswriter wrote that no team is ever as bad as it looks when it's losing or as good as it looks when it is winning. I believe that was a sage observation.

When the Skins were 3-6, and Redskins fans seemed ready to throw in the towel just as Shanahan's comment implied, I figured that we were better than that. Now that the team has ripped off five wins in a row, my confidence level is not nearly as high as that of most Skins fans.

I think we're a mediocre team, lucky to be in a mediocre division.

Isn't it a mediocre LEAGUE?

Archived