Extremeskins

Thoughts of a Negative Poster

Oldfan

If being realistic is making statement's like:

Marc Bulger and Tom Brady are interchangable

Jim Schwartz is the next Belichick

Joe Montana was a very average talent

Jay Cutler is the best QB in the league

Then maybe I need to move to Colorado where the cannibus is legal so I can get on Oldfan's... umm..."level"......

Want realistic?

With our lack of pass rush

Porous secondary play

Very below average RT play

Anything above 7 wins is absolutely unexpected and a shocking surprise.

These last three games and the fact they have meaning in December is just gravy...........

My point still stands - negative thinking - no matter how rational and well reasoned - for the most part leads to stagnation and defeat (either as a result of doing nothing - or repeated radical changes in philosphy) where as optimistic positive critique is the only true way to get the best out of any given situation and make sustained and continual improvement .

Fantastic read. And I choose to believe that the Redskins owner Snyder would get it right after struggling to learn how. He was young and had a penchant for wanting to win now and a quick turnaround. Well he had to make mistakes first to learn. He is learning IMO what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Had he been negative by nature he would have given up by now. WE are all driven by Hope, hoping that our efforts will be rewarded. It is the measure of hope in you that determines whether you can be successful and how quickly. There are times as you wrote in depth that hope can not overcome circumstances. If you listen to the survivors of the holocaust, they all were people that did not give up, that is not to say those same types all survived.

It is a better subject held in the tailgate - but since oldfan brought it up in this thread - and it is a very side issue but it is NOT historical fact.

I studied History - and specifically the Third Reich - and History is still one of my hobbies. I read almost exclusively on History and Military and Political History is the majority of that.

I'd love to debate this subject with you if you want to start a thread in the Tailgate?

Fantastic read. And I choose to believe that the Redskins owner Snyder would get it right after struggling to learn how. He was young and had a penchant for wanting to win now and a quick turnaround. Well he had to make mistakes first to learn. He is learning IMO what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Had he been negative by nature he would have given up by now. WE are all driven by Hope, hoping that our efforts will be rewarded. It is the measure of hope in you that determines whether you can be successful and how quickly. There are times as you wrote in depth that hope can not overcome circumstances. If you listen to the survivors of the holocaust, they all were people that did not give up, that is not to say those same types all survived.
Did any of this have anything whatsoever to do with the argument in the OP which does not encourage being "negative by nature." This is back-to-back strawman arguments for you. Do you have other tricks?

So, we're in the mist of a 4 game winning streak and are in playoff contention, and this is posted? OF, i respect you as a poster, but i'm struggling as to understanding what purpose this OP is serving.

Ego stroke. Attention grab. I am not sure why they are all permitted... been going on for years.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 08:51 AM ----------

Did any of this have anything whatsoever to do with the argument in the OP which does not encourage being "negative by nature." This is back-to-back strawman arguments for you. Do you have other tricks?

Why are all your posts based on baiting others to argue with you so you can insult them?

I studied History - and specifically the Third Reich - and History is still one of my hobbies. I read almost exclusively on History and Military and Political History is the majority of that.

I'd love to debate this subject with you if you want to start a thread in the Tailgate?

This is not a subject that should really be compared to football fandom. Frankly, I think it's done in very bad taste.

One could suggest that SOME Jews who foresaw danger were able to get out safely. Many others didn't. And it really has absolutely nothing to do with being a football fan in any way. I strongly suggest this particular point be dropped.

This is not a subject that should really be compared to football fandom. Frankly, I think it's done in very bad taste.

One could suggest that SOME Jews who foresaw danger were able to get out safely. Many others didn't. And it really has absolutely nothing to do with being a football fan in any way. I strongly suggest this particular point be dropped.

Which is why I have suggested any discussion go to the Tailgate. I also agree its not a subject that should be used in the context of a football discussion.

This is how the exchange began:

Oldfan: One last thing... William James was wrong when he said “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” [a Bedlam quote] Pessimistic Jews fled Hitler's Germany and lived. Optimistic Jews stayed and died. The truth is that pessimism or optimism, if not based on solid reasoning, are just dumb.

Bedlam, one of the argumentative types I should learn to ignore, twisted that example of optimism gone bad into ALL Jews died because of optimism and then, feigning outrage, built his mountain out of a molehill he made himself.

A Leeds fan and 'history' in the same sentence.

Man that's one heck of a resource yers have there la. I heard the last time yuse were in Europe, the Spanish Armada cannon balled the ship. :pfft:

Hail.

No OF, but the response was not to you or about you so I think you are grasping for straws and got a man instead.

Man that's one heck of a resource yers have there la. I heard the last time yuse were in Europe, the Spanish Armada cannon balled the ship. :pfft:

Hail.

:ols::ols::ols:

Apologies for going off topic...GHH, which club do you support?

That would be my guess too.

The title of the thread would suggest where this was headed from the get-go.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

Why are all your posts based on baiting others to argue with you so you can insult them?

Because he wants and likes it that way.

Hail.

Well Paris has never been the same since we played there thats for sure ......

Well Paris has never been the same since we played there thats for sure ......

1981. French bizzies with mechine guns on every corner. The tails I've been told about that. (My first was Rome in '84 ..... which made you lads look like angels and certainly was the forerunner to what happened in Belgium 12 months later but that's another story.). And that was what, 6 years after your boys had, uhmmmm, 'remodeled' the place. :ols: What was the infamous Mirror headline ..... 'Worst destruction Paris has seen since the War.'

But to be fair, if it wasn't for a bought ref you'd of just been merry on wine and bread. ;)

Hail.

...My point still stands - negative thinking - no matter how rational and well reasoned - for the most part leads to stagnation and defeat (either as a result of doing nothing - or repeated radical changes in philosphy) where as optimistic positive critique is the only true way to get the best out of any given situation and make sustained and continual improvement .
Do you realize that your post is off-topic or did you read the OP as encouraging members to be negative as a habit?

Apologies.

Accepted. And please understand for as much as you have shot me down in the past I enjoy your posts and discourse. I do think you side and err on the side of negative thinking as a personal opinion but that does not ultimately reflect the respect I have for your opinions. As KDawg so astutely reminds us all, we don't know jack about the team from a professionals view. I know what I don't know in this case and hope to continue learning by reading the varied opinions that are posted here.

It was 75 when Leeds played Bayern plus the Ref. I was only just turning 10 so it would have been more bread than wine for me.

Without wishing to derail the thread further, I have a cousin who sticks to his theory that were it not for Bayerns underhand dealings that night, you'd of gone on from strength to strength to rival us through the '80's.

Of course he is a bitter blue who also lives in their deluded World that Heysel cost them World domination, so I wouldn't put too much on it. :ols:

Hail.

Accepted. And please understand for as much as you have shot me down in the past I enjoy your posts and discourse. I do think you side and err on the side of negative thinking as a personal opinion but that does not ultimately reflect the respect I have for your opinions. As KDawg so astutely reminds us all, we don't know jack about the team from a professionals view. I know what I don't know in this case and hope to continue learning by reading the varied opinions that are posted here.
I think I know my limitations. I'm not often negative about coaches and players because usually we fans don't have enough evidence to criticize. But there are times when management moves don't make sense and I've been pretty good at spotting those.

As admitted, I have been a negative poster in the Snyder era, but that's not because I'm a gloomy, negative person by nature. I would describe myself as a futurist and we futurists are unfailingly optimists about the future of humanity. So, my history of negative posting during the Snyder era is the result of predictions which, unhappily, have mostly been right.

Without wishing to derail the thread further, I have a cousin who sticks to his theory that were it not for Bayerns underhand dealings that night, you'd of gone on from strength to strength to rival us through the '80's.

Of course he is a bitter blue who also lives in their deluded World that Heysel cost them World domination, so I wouldn't put too much on it. :ols:

Hail.

Nah, that team was already past its peak. That was the last hurrah of Revie's team and we just could not replace those players - they all got old together.

Archived