Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Tailgate in Cleveland

BigFing

Any advanced intel on the temperment of the Cleveland fanbase?

No advanced intel, but I imagine they're coming back to life with optimism for the new ownership group and a recent winning streak. IMO Cleveland is still one of the greatest NFL cities, despite their horrid fate of the past 25 years.

No advanced intel, but I imagine they're coming back to life with optimism for the new ownership group and a recent winning streak. IMO Cleveland is still one of the greatest NFL cities, despite their horrid fate of the past 25 years.

I heard from two Panther fans at the Panthers Eagles game this year that where they sat a few years ago they went and the fans were brutal. But that is just the only experience I've heard about. That IceCube guy seems to be really nice...unless he's setting a trap...

First time poster to the ES forum, 25 year long Redskins fan.

I am leaving straight from my office in Rockville mid afternoon on Friday, driving straight to my friend's house in Lyndhurst (he is obviously a Browns fan, but we won't hold that against him), and staying there for the weekend, leaving on Monday late morning. It is about a 5 hour 45 mins. drive from the Mont. County area to Cleveland, barring any traffic. He just bought us a pair of tickets in Section 148 off of Craig's List, $80 for the pair.

My friend and I are very interested in attending the ES tailgate, there will likely just be the two of us, possibly 1-2 other friends, TBD. Please put us down for at least a case of beer, if not more. Very much looking to the weekend, the weather is improving by the hour (up to 49 degrees for Sunday, although a 40% chance of rain), and so are RGIII's chances of starting!

For those visiting from out of town and you want a good artery clogging meal, check out Melt (various locations around the city). It was featured on Man v. Food, and although I've never been, it is a MUST visit for me this weekend. The West Side Market is also a great foodie tourist destination, all sorts of great ethnic foods to be eaten there, just to visit is an experience. And of course, Great Lakes Brewing Company is a must visit as well (and maybe the R n' R HOF as well, haha).

RocCitySkins, I have sampled Molson Canadian and Labatt (in all of its varieties) many a time; good stuff! I went to school up at Syracuse, and my wife and her family are from Rochester (and the greater Western/Central NY area).

Thanks for the warm welcome RFKFedEx. I did read about the gathering at Golic's on Sat. night, that may be difficult for me to make it there, my friend that I am staying with has a wife and 3 (young) children, so, I/we need to take that into account, and I might be participating in some shenanigans with my other two friends in the CLE area that evening. It will be a last minute decision for me/us. But thank you for the reminder and invitation!

(Official) Extremeskins Tailgate in CLEVELAND - 12/16/12

FYI - I WAS INFORMED THERE IS A STRICT OPEN CONTAINER POLICY - BRING SOLO CUPS!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/static/site/4.6/img/logos/teams-matte-80x53/WAS.png at http://www.nfl.com/static/site/4.6/img/logos/teams-matte-80x53/CLE.png

RG3 AND THE SKINS SHOW CLEVELAND HOW TO ROCK!!!

Cleveland is a notoriously fun tailgating crowd. Let’s all head out there and show them that we come out in style as well! It’s a 6 hour 50 minute drive to Cleveland from DC, so lame duck excuses will not be necessary. Especially since my ride is close to 8! Now this tailgate will only be as good as the people who show up, so the more that show the better it will be!

I will take the info we have from the other thread and apply here where I can

This year the home Pez/Huly tailgates have had Ronald McDonald house Pop Tab Charity collection, as well as monetary donations for the Children’s Inn at NIH. If someone who frequents these tailgates can bring a canister for each, and then return to the 12/30 Dallas game, it will be much appreciated!!!

The pop tabs are the tabs at the top of the beer/soda cans, so while drinking, DO NOT THROW OUT! Also, while the Browns tickets are cheap, consider donating a portion of the ticket price you didn’t have to pay for! Every little bit, no matter what, helps!

superozman and I have been talking already, and excited for the tailgate already. Both of us have been to a couple away tailgates and they have been fantastic. We will be doing our best here trying to make this one just like a home game, and get the atmosphere rockin’ for a cold day in December!

And again, in sticking with plagiarizing pez, most here are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to

emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the

bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and

Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, and if you can donate

items to the tailgate, that you check what we have and what we need and

post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can.

We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something,

but we do ask that people who regularly attend the tailgate try to chip in

something.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Remember:

Food/Drinks/Supplies are appreciated over monetary donations

Also – if you have hotel suggestions, please put in a post, with price range or PM me, either way I’ll put in this OP.

When is it:

December 16th. 5am – 1230pm. LOTS OPEN AT 5 AM!!! Post game tailgate times vary (but yes

there is a post game tailgate!). The tailgate always starts the moment the

parking lot opens (8 hours before game time) and we start packing up around

30-45 minutes before game time.

Skins fans will also be gathering at Golics on Saturday night if anyone is interested

Where is it:

Dock 32 Parking lot looks to be a good spot to nestle into (Purple in pic below) - $25, pay cash or call 216-367-7915 for advance parking pass. CALL TUESDAY OR THURSDAY TODAY, or NEXT WEEK FOR ADVANCE PASSES! The employee is extremely nice, and knows that we are calling for a group and will be parking at DOCK 32. She is working with a manager to give uss a corner because every spot used needs a car (can't pay extra for a table).

Dan McGinty is the Manager for this lot on game day, and he’s more than happy to work with us and giving us some space. When you arrive on game day, just ask for him and he’ll take you to an area. If you’re not the first one to arrive, just let your group know to ask for Dan.

http://prod.static.browns.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/stadium/12_StadiumAreaParking_Map.jpg

Who can come:

Absolutely everyone!!! Come on out! Please remember the tailgate is going to be as fun as the people who show up. It’s going to be cold, so bundle up and warm up with some beverages and food!

Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well).

Who to contact:

You can get most of your questions answered in this thread, but if you have

specific questions or concerns, please contact myself via PM, or a post – or BigFing via PM or a post.

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

==================================================

Food List

Scrapple 3lbs - superozman

Hot Dogs/Buns (dozen folks) - Smokey

Macaroni Salad - Smokey

BigFing - chili

2 bags of chips - JWHIT

Brats - JWHIT

Italian Sausages - JWHIT

Hot dogs - JWHIT

Buns - JWHIT

Skyline Chili Dip - JWHIT

Chips and Salsa - RocCitySkins

Meatballs, Chips and some desert - Cincyfan

Drink List

Apple Pie Shine - (this is to SkinsfanInTn's version as a Chinese Jersey is to a real Jersey) - superozman

Beer - BigFing

Water - BigFing

Various LIquors - BigFing

Case of Coke - JWHIT

Case of Yuengling Light - JWHIT

Case of bud light - JWHIT

Cooler full of drinks - Cincyfan

Supply List

Charcoal Grill - JWHIT

Some Solo Cups - superozman

Shot Cups - superozman

Plates and Utensils - RocCitySkins

Canopy, Chairs, Folding Table, Corn Hole and more solo Cups - RGIII10

Canopy, Two tables, Chairs, Gas Grill - CincyFan

==================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:

- Soda

- Water

- Beer

- Liquor

Food:

- Hamburgers w/Buns

- Hot Dogs w/Buns

- Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns

- Grilled chicken/steak/etc

- Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)

- Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, chips etc)

- Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)

- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)

- Dips, salsa, etc

Supplies:

- Grills

- Canopy/Tents

- Chairs

- Tables

- Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)

- Coolers with Ice

- Plastic Cups

- Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)

- Paper Plates

- Napkins/Paper Towels

- Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!)

Joshua Morgan's Dad will be there! Planning to arrive sometime Saturday afternoon and looking forward to the rally at Golics. HTTR!!!

Any advanced intel on the temperment of the Cleveland fanbase?

I think we should go ahead and dress up. I have been an away fan at 4 different cities, and I have only had a bad experience at one of them. It's going to be pretty cold, so I don't know about the wig, and feathers, but im down for some face-paint for sure.

YEAH. You made it on. Welcome home.

I just had a lengthy conversation with a co-worker who is also a cleveland native, and former browns season ticket holder (1994-2004), and he said: go have fun, and dress up. He said the worst browns fas are the younger generation becaue they have no idea what a good browns team looks like, for them the game is just an open keg.

He also gave me good pointers on places to go, and how to walk to Golic's from our hotel.

I'm super pumped this is a great idea.

For a second there I just imagined what it's like to eat Thanksgiving with the Golic's... yum

And someone please confirm to me if they still serve the "LeBron" Burger.

Some new idea's would be "The South Beach Shake n' Bacon" ... "The taking my talents to South ***** Burger"

These are all suggestions for Bob Golic.

BGSB-Menu02042010Ft800x550.gif

ok we are in leaving at 12pm arriving around 6m we are sitting in sections 149 row 15 and 149 row 3 . Its 4 of us . beer burgers dogs and a small grill . If possible we are bringing a SKINS canopy

Sounds good. I will update the list. I almost bought a Skins canopy but decided I wouldn't be able to use it a whole lot living in Columbus.

ok we are in leaving at 12pm arriving around 6m we are sitting in sections 149 row 15 and 149 row 3 . Its 4 of us . beer burgers dogs and a small grill . If possible we are bringing a SKINS canopy

I make that 6 hour drive from Columbus to FedEx for a bunch of games, driving through the night. Be careful man, pack a cooler full on Monster and look forward to seeing yall there!

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

How many people do we have committed to Dock32?

Flying in from DC Friday. Planning on coming to Golic's on Saturday. Sitting in Section 107 on Sunday (and will be at the tailgate too). Will be sporting my throwback RG3 jersey (or possibly self-made Kirk Cousins jersey (from my John Beck jersey)). I've been traveling with the Skins for the last 5 years, and this is the first road game that actually means something. I can not wait to see RGKnee run for 148 yards on the Browns. And pass for 318 more. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

We should start a head counter in the OP so we all can see how many people for sure are going to be there

Some people only say they are coming to the game, and they don't specify if they are going to tailgate at DOCK32 or not..

The people that say they are bringing items to the tailgate have been added to the OP.

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

Now Weather.com has a forecast of 52 on Sunday with only a 20% chance of rain..

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

Now Weather.com has a forecast of 52 on Sunday with only a 20% chance of rain..

Archived