Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Tailgate in Cleveland

BigFing

I am checking with my fiance, but I think we may join yall! I will know for sure later in the day.

We will be bringing:

10lb boston butt I am smoking tomorrow

jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon

I will also most likely bring my smoker to roast some cashews and peanuts, and be able to heat up other food in it if needed!

Beer!

Folding table

My 8 year old son and I will be there. We will bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies.

We did not get a parking pass in advance, but will try to get into the correct lot, otherwise we will just walk over from wherever we parked.

Is there someone in particular we should ask for when we get to the tailgate?

I am checking with my fiance, but I think we may join yall! I will know for sure later in the day.

We will be bringing:

10lb boston butt I am smoking tomorrow

jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon

I will also most likely bring my smoker to roast some cashews and peanuts, and be able to heat up other food in it if needed!

Beer!

Folding table

Yes we will be there! I think we will get there around 8 am or so.

We are sitting in section 147

I'm not sure exactly sure what time my friend and I will be getting there (Sat. night will likely be a long night, haha), but, we are planning on taking the train to the stadium area, and walking to Deck 32 from there. I'll be sporting my Roy Helu jersey (yes, those do exist, believe it or not, courtesy of the Reebok Outlet Store at the Queenstown Outlet Mall in Queen Anne, MD! Get 'em while they're hot!), and Redskins ski cap and gloves. My friend will likely be sporting his best Browns gear. As I said, put us down for (at least) a case of beer (hopefully Great Lakes, gotta represent with the local brew), and potentially whatever other goodies we can find at Costco on Saturday.

I am salivating over the thought of the smoked pork butt and peanuts/cashews! An away Redskins game (with them in playoff contention), (relatively) good weather, great BBQ, and dozens of my best friends, what more can a guy ask for?!?!

I'm pretty sure I have everything updated now... Here is the OP

(Official) Extremeskins Tailgate in CLEVELAND - 12/16/12

FYI - I WAS INFORMED THERE IS A STRICT OPEN CONTAINER POLICY - BRING SOLO CUPS!!!!

WAS.png at CLE.png

RG3 AND THE SKINS SHOW CLEVELAND HOW TO ROCK!!!

Cleveland is a notoriously fun tailgating crowd. Let’s all head out there and show them that we come out in style as well! It’s a 6 hour 50 minute drive to Cleveland from DC, so lame duck excuses will not be necessary. Especially since my ride is close to 8! Now this tailgate will only be as good as the people who show up, so the more that show the better it will be!

I will take the info we have from the other thread and apply here where I can

This year the home Pez/Huly tailgates have had Ronald McDonald house Pop Tab Charity collection, as well as monetary donations for the Children’s Inn at NIH. If someone who frequents these tailgates can bring a canister for each, and then return to the 12/30 Dallas game, it will be much appreciated!!!

The pop tabs are the tabs at the top of the beer/soda cans, so while drinking, DO NOT THROW OUT! Also, while the Browns tickets are cheap, consider donating a portion of the ticket price you didn’t have to pay for! Every little bit, no matter what, helps!

superozman and I have been talking already, and excited for the tailgate already. Both of us have been to a couple away tailgates and they have been fantastic. We will be doing our best here trying to make this one just like a home game, and get the atmosphere rockin’ for a cold day in December!

And again, in sticking with plagiarizing pez, most here are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to

emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the

bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and

Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, and if you can donate

items to the tailgate, that you check what we have and what we need and

post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can.

We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something,

but we do ask that people who regularly attend the tailgate try to chip in

something.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Remember:

Food/Drinks/Supplies are appreciated over monetary donations

Also – if you have hotel suggestions, please put in a post, with price range or PM me, either way I’ll put in this OP.

When is it:

December 16th. 5am – 1230pm. LOTS OPEN AT 5 AM!!! Post game tailgate times vary (but yes

there is a post game tailgate!). The tailgate always starts the moment the

parking lot opens (8 hours before game time) and we start packing up around

30-45 minutes before game time.

Skins fans will also be gathering at Golics on Saturday night if anyone is interested

Where is it:

Dock 32 Parking lot looks to be a good spot to nestle into (Purple in pic below) - $25, pay cash or call 216-367-7915 for advance parking pass. CALL TUESDAY OR THURSDAY TODAY, or NEXT WEEK FOR ADVANCE PASSES! The employee is extremely nice, and knows that we are calling for a group and will be parking at DOCK 32. She is working with a manager to give uss a corner because every spot used needs a car (can't pay extra for a table).

Dan McGinty is the Manager for this lot on game day, and he’s more than happy to work with us and giving us some space. When you arrive on game day, just ask for him and he’ll take you to an area. If you’re not the first one to arrive, just let your group know to ask for Dan.

12_StadiumAreaParking_Map.jpg

Who can come:

Absolutely everyone!!! Come on out! Please remember the tailgate is going to be as fun as the people who show up. It’s going to be cold, so bundle up and warm up with some beverages and food!

Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well).

Who to contact:

You can get most of your questions answered in this thread, but if you have

specific questions or concerns, please contact myself via PM, or a post – or BigFing via PM or a post.

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

==================================================

Food List

Scrapple 3lbs - superozman

Hot Dogs/Buns (dozen folks) - Smokey

Macaroni Salad - Smokey

BigFing - chili

2 bags of chips - JWHIT

Brats - JWHIT

Italian Sausages - JWHIT

Hot dogs - JWHIT

Buns - JWHIT

Skyline Chili Dip - JWHIT

Chips and Salsa - RocCitySkins

Meatballs, Chips and some desert - Cincyfan

Burgers and Hot Dogs - REPRESENT

10 LB Boston butt, Jalapeno poppers wrapped in Bacon - SC_RedskinsFan

Homemade chocolate chip cookies - Winger03

Drink List

Apple Pie Shine - (this is to SkinsfanInTn's version as a Chinese Jersey is to a real Jersey) - superozman

Beer - BigFing

Water - BigFing

Various LIquors - BigFing

Case of Coke - JWHIT

Case of Yuengling Light - JWHIT

Case of bud light - JWHIT

Cooler full of drinks - Cincyfan

Beer - REPRESENT

Beer - SC_RedskinsFan

Case of Beer - aschantz

Supply List

Charcoal Grill - JWHIT

Some Solo Cups - superozman

Shot Cups - superozman

Plates and Utensils - RocCitySkins

Canopy, Chairs, Folding Table, Corn Hole and more solo Cups - RGIII10

Canopy, Two tables, Chairs, Gas Grill - CincyFan

Small Grill and Possible Redskins Canopy - REPRESENT

Folding Table - SC_RedskinsFan

==================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:

- Soda

- Water

- Beer

- Liquor

Food:

- Hamburgers w/Buns

- Hot Dogs w/Buns

- Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns

- Grilled chicken/steak/etc

- Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)

- Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, chips etc)

- Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)

- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)

- Dips, salsa, etc

Supplies:

- Grills

- Canopy/Tents

- Chairs

- Tables

- Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)

- Coolers with Ice

- Plastic Cups

- Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)

- Paper Plates

- Napkins/Paper Towels

- Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!)

I am salivating over the thought of the smoked pork butt and peanuts/cashews! An away Redskins game (with them in playoff contention), (relatively) good weather, great BBQ, and dozens of my best friends, what more can a guy ask for?!?!

282451_4091636413828_127921410_n.jpg

Got it in the brine earlier this morning! Gonna put it on the smoker for about 10 hours tomorrow

We're driving in tomorrow morning from Virginia. We plan on having dinner at Golics Sat night. Myself, two friends, and my boys..and we plan on parking at Dock32 to tailgate. I picked up the Redskins bud light for whoever was asking and I'll bring some extra solo cups and some chips. (The Jeep is already packed with people, food would put us over the top) We won't be the first ones at the tailgate, but plan on straggling in somewhere around 9 or so. All of us are sitting in section 149, I believe 6 or 7 rows back. Looking forward to it...

from everything i've heard the Cleveland fan base is great and very friendly to opposing fans when they visit

Lol. Just remember they are not trying to give you a free beer, they are trying to dump it on you. I grew up an hour outside of Cleveland, and now work downtown. I can tell you without a doubt that they are awful. There's a reason the NFL doesn't schedule any of their home games at 4 (even though 3 hours less of tailgating isn't enough to detour the drunken idiots). I'll be at the game, but I'll be tailgating with a bunch of my friends who are Browns fans. Ditching them is quite tempting though!

Does anyone have any insight on a cool place to stay for a night that would be around halfway to Cleveland from the DC area? We are planning on staying somewhere Saturday night then driving the rest of the way early Sunday morning. I know Pittsburgh is close but I hate everything about Pittsburgh (mainly because of their fans) and was curious what else is near there thats fun. HTTR

I can tell you without a doubt that they are awful.

Every fanbase has it's share of Dbags. There's no shortage of them in Landover. I predict that a vast majority of the Browns faithful will be cool to us.

There's a reason the NFL doesn't schedule any of their home games at 4

Yep, its called television ratings. The Browns rarely warrant a national tv timeslot.

Archived