Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Parallels to country's racist past haunt age of Obama (long)

TheGoodBits

i listed a few MSNBC SteveFromYellowstone: Care to look at them and elaborate on how saying Angry twice turns you into a monster.

Are you going to Defend the "Ed Show" or "Chris Mathews".. are they any different than say Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity.

or comments like this? Bill Maher to Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You'...

You know, one imagines that if the Conservatives don't want to be seen as racist, sexist, homophobic bigots, they'd, like...change some things.

They're anti-affirmative action.

They're anti welfare.

Anti equal pay for women.

Anti abortion rights.

Anti immigration.

Anti social security.

Anti Medicare.

Anti Medicaid.

Anti gay marriage.

Anti enviroment.

Anti public education.

Anti teacher.

Anti union.

Anti regulation.

And they treat pretty much every religion besides something with some vain of Christianity as misguided if not downright anti-American. Except maybe Judaism. On a good day.

Now, when one decides to be against that many things, and that many demographics, is it any wonder why people assume that the Republicans are only concerned with the one demo that they haven't alienated----middle aged white men looking for someone to tell them that THEY are the victims. That and the crazy and intellectually dim.

TL : DR version; if ya don't want to be called racist (or any number of bad things), maybe it'd be a great idea to not try to enact policies that seem racist and cater to dumbasses who ARE racist.

TL : DR version; if ya don't want to be called racist (or any number of bad things), maybe it'd be a great idea to not try to enact policies that seem racist and cater to dumbasses who ARE racist.

Your list has one race centric listing, yet racist is the lead theme...why?

Are Minorities that oppose affirmative action racist as well?

speaking for myself, I been loving a teacher for a long time ....even five hrs spells:silly:

Zoony is right about the vitriol though....it comes with opposing so much during our progressive expansion of govt over the years (just look at how much vitriol Libs spew when opposing abortion restrictions:))

Agreed, the national political discourse has deteriorated rapidly since Obama's inauguration. It's hard to say how much is race related, but I know they didn't hate Clinton like this.

I said this in the AP poll thread about negative views towards African Americans since Obama's election.

This hatred is something completely different than Clinton and Bush. I have never heard a politician, let alone a president, be questioned on whether they are American enough like I have heard with Obama many times.

You know, one imagines that if the Conservatives don't want to be seen as racist, sexist, homophobic bigots, they'd, like...change some things.

They're anti-affirmative action.

They're anti welfare.

Anti equal pay for women.

Anti abortion rights.

Anti immigration.

Anti social security.

Anti Medicare.

Anti Medicaid.

Anti gay marriage.

Anti enviroment.

Anti public education.

Anti teacher.

Anti union.

Anti regulation.

And they treat pretty much every religion besides something with some vain of Christianity as misguided if not downright anti-American. Except maybe Judaism. On a good day.

Now, when one decides to be against that many things, and that many demographics, is it any wonder why people assume that the Republicans are only concerned with the one demo that they haven't alienated----middle aged white men looking for someone to tell them that THEY are the victims. That and the crazy and intellectually dim.

That's mighty large paintbrush/firehose you're painting with there.

I think in some ways Republicans hated Clinton more

They're pretty much the party of vitriol.

I dunno.

The GOP certainly worked with Clinton a lot more.

(But then, I don't think we've seen the kind of united, unanimous, opposition, ever, in our nation's history.)

"Hatred" is something that's tough to quantify. "Unanimous, party-line, filibusters of things that aren't even important"? I think that's easier to point at.

You really think that the hate for Clinton was comparable to the hate for Obama? LOL. You're either denying reality or have a bad memory. Republicans back then actually tried to work with Clinton on some issues. Republicans now have been documented voting against laws that they themselves introduced because President Obama began to support them. I saw nowhere near the vitriol for Clinton that there is now for President Obama.

Hahaha and you say MSNBC is worse than Fox? You can't be serious. Show me clips of MSNBC blatantly lying and making up stories and refusing to say anything negative about the party they support like Fox does. If you really believe that MSNBC "crosses the line" more than Fox does, you are delusional.

If you really want to know about MSNBC/NBC lying go to the Liberal media bias thread. Many many examples there. Please provide me a link to where Fox news advocated criminality.Once you do i'll offer more than 1 from MSNBC. You just have no clue but that' ok there are many like you. Myopic,self deluded sycophants. Of couse Fox is biased but it doesn't hold a candle to MSDNC. At least for the political shows I watch.

Clearly, you just have no idea. At 23 you cannot have any idea of the level of hate the repubs had for the Clinton(s).

Most of the race baiting is eminating from the left. They have much more to gain from iit than the right. Need to keep the constitutens in order. Most people want to use the R word but for most it's RESULTS and not Racist.The race hustlers thrive on the ill-informed.

MSNBC should just rename the brand MSDNC. They're so blatatnt pro anything left it's nausiating. Fox is predictible but when NBC/MSNBC advocates criminality etc it really crosses the lin IMO. And for the record I watch more MSNBC than anything else. The entire MSNBC daily line-up should be considered an in kind contribution to the DNC/BO campaign.

its absolutely not.

the problem in post Civil Rights era America today is that things arent racist unless Bull Connor is releasing the dogs on peacefully protesting black people.

I dont disagree that the left have tried to take advantage of it but you are naive if you think its the left who are doing the provoking.

Romney has been using an updated version of Nixon's Southern Strategy in ads like this

in saying that, the article linked by OP is very loose with facts in the attempt to tie things together. The one thing that is very pertinent tho is the war on voting by the GOP with this voter ID nonsense.

Yes, it is.

OTOH, we've been seeing examples of every point he made, from multiple Republicans, in multiple states, for many years, often enacted into actual legislation, at multiple levels of government.

Does every single person who has ever voted Republican agree with every single one of those points? Of course not.

Is it an accurate description of the Party, as a whole? Evidence sure says it is.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 06:30 PM ----------

If you really want to know about MSNBC/NBC lying go to the Liberal media bias thread. Many many examples there.

Yep. I think it was up to two, last time I checked.

Two actual cases, and about 400 claims where some right-wing spin site claimed that The Liberal Media didn't spin something the way right-wing spin site thought it should have been spun.

About 50 claims of "The Liberal Media didn't cover story so-and-so". All of which a simple Google search showed were untrue, within about 5 minutes of them being posted.

And, I think, two (or was it three?) actual cases of overt, conscious, distortion.

its absolutely not.

the problem in post Civil Rights era America today is that things arent racist unless Bull Connor is releasing the dogs on peacefully protesting black people.

I dont disagree that the left have tried to take advantage of it but you are naive if you think its the left who are doing the provoking.

Romney has been using an updated version of Nixon's Southern Strategy in ads like this

in saying that, the article linked by OP is very loose with facts in the attempt to tie things together. The one thing that is very pertinent tho is the war on voting by the GOP with this voter ID nonsense.

Are you saying that because romney questions welfare it's racist?? I'd venture a guess that there are more majority ie whites on welfare than minorities ie non-whites. Sheer numbers of the populace would suggest that. Yes there are many that just look at race for any & every explanation. It's baffling to me. And was the DNC & the Obama admin racist for requiring ID's for those who attened the DNC convention??

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Yes, it is.

OTOH, we've been seeing examples of every point he made, from multiple Republicans, in multiple states, for many years, often enacted into actual legislation, at multiple levels of government.

Does every single person who has ever voted Republican agree with every single one of those points? Of course not.

Is it an accurate description of the Party, as a whole? Evidence sure says it is.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 06:30 PM ----------

Yep. I think it was up to two, last time I checked.

Two actual cases, and about 400 claims where some right-wing spin site claimed that The Liberal Media didn't spin something the way right-wing spin site thought it should have been spun.

About 50 claims of "The Liberal Media didn't cover story so-and-so". All of which a simple Google search showed were untrue, within about 5 minutes of them being posted.

And, I think, two (or was it three?) actual cases of overt, conscious, distortion.

Many more than what you count but hey your not exactly an objective participant are you??

Stop me if I'm mentioned something that isn't in the current Republican party platform.

Every Republican may not believe in all those things, but at large, those are the policy positions of pretty much every Republican in the Congress and Senate, not to mention every Republican governor.

Mayhaps if you don't feel that is a fair representation of your party, or you feel as though some of those policies aren't things that should be in the parties platform, you could elect better Republicans to office.

Many more than what you count but hey your not exactly an objective participant are you??

You claim many more.

Everybody else? Not so much.

(Although, on the "Fox vs everybody else" topic, I will observe that Fox doesn't seem to be getting caught outright lying nearly as often as they used to. Seemed like it used to happen every few weeks. Lately, there was the case of the fake claims about unemployment rates under W vs Obama. But that's the only case I remember reading about in like a year.)

Are you saying that because romney questions welfare it's racist?? I'd venture a guess that there are more majority ie whites on welfare than minorities ie non-whites. Sheer numbers of the populace would suggest that. Yes there are many that just look at race for any & every explanation. It's baffling to me.

No.

What Romney, and Republican candidates have done since Reagan, is use welfare as a topic to ignite the racist segment of their party who used to be Democrats before LBJ's Social Programs in the 1960s. Those policies are associated with only helping African Americans and other minorities. So they use code policies like welfare, immigration, and say "that is not for us." These ads mostly air in the Southern part of the country as well. Mitt's ad even says "you paid" while picturing an older white man who I suspect is a senior citizen.

And bringing up that there are more whites on welfare, and below the poverty line is actually an excellent point. Romney is a lot of these against these social programs (by cutting their budgets) and has convinced those people that those programs arent good for America even if they depend on it themselves. You have videos of those people at Tea Party rallies who scream about not wanting any national health insurance program or any program to help them, but then say that they need their medicaid. Why would people vote against their own interests unless they believe that those interests only help certain people?

And was the DNC & the Obama admin racist for requiring ID's for those who attened the DNC convention??

this is a bizarre comparison that is not worthy of an answer.

If you really want to know about MSNBC/NBC lying go to the Liberal media bias thread. Many many examples there. Please provide me a link to where Fox news advocated criminality.Once you do i'll offer more than 1 from MSNBC. You just have no clue but that' ok there are many like you. Myopic,self deluded sycophants. Of couse Fox is biased but it doesn't hold a candle to MSDNC. At least for the political shows I watch.

You really are delusional. It's almost sad. In your mind you truly believe that not only is MSNBC the liberal equal to Fox, they are worse. Find anyone without an "R" next to their name that believes that. Heck, I'm willing to bet 90% of the people in this thread agree with me.

Please show me where MSNBC blatantly lies 24/7 on a daily basis to support the Democrats. You say go to the liberal bias thread, but believe me I've read it before and it doesn't show a damn thing. For all the ****ing Republicans do about "the liberal media", there were maybe 1 or 2 examples of lying or misrepresentation? I could probably turn on Fox and within 5 minutes find a lie or a ridiculous twisting of facts. You must not have a very good memory, because the liberal media thread shows something entirely different than what you think it does.

Find me ANYTHING done by MSNBC that is at this level. Fox made up a story about President Obama trying to apologize to Japan. MSNBC doesn't need to make up fake stories about Romney, he gives them enough material on his own. Mitt Romney talks about poor people like a cartoon rich person would talk about poor people.

You're right (or close enough) about MSNBC---it's usually ridiculously and obviously lefty, as I often say. I think Steve is being too soft on it.

But you are consistently and seriously delusional in your pretension that Fox is anything other than the Great Father of it all, and still the leader of the pack by several lengths. Tossing in a "Fox is biased" and leaving it at that while dumping so strongly on MSNBC (that part is fine with me) is a laughable refection of your own crippled cognition. Your posts often present you as just another semi-frothing politico, seemingly blind to your own bull****, and it's been that way for a long time.

It's almost disheartening to watch someone who posts like you do often enough, call anyone else myopic, or clueless, or self-deluded in their evaluations of bias, given these are the very behaviors you exhibit on a regular basis. It's really a mind-boggling example of a lack of self-awareness and competent critical discernment. It would be literally clinical if your posts in these matters are an indicator of how your perception functions on an overall basis.

Mayhaps if you don't feel that is a fair representation of your party, or you feel as though some of those policies aren't things that should be in the parties platform, you could elect better Republicans to office.

What if we object to the former and agree with the latter?

perhaps the bigotry and racism is in both parties...just different flavors

You're right (or close enough) about MSNBC---it's usually ridiculously and obviously lefty, as I often say. I think Steve is being too soft on it.

But you are consistently and seriously delusional in your pretension that Fox is anything other than the Great Father of it all, and still the leader of the pack by several lengths. Tossing in a "Fox is biased" and leaving it at that while dumping so strongly on MSNBC (that part is fine with me) is a laughable refection of your own crippled cognition. Your posts often present you as just another semi-frothing politico, seemingly blind to your own bull****, and it's been that way for a long time.

It's almost disheartening to watch someone who posts like you do often enough, call anyone else myopic, or clueless, or self-deluded in their evaluations of bias, given these are the very behaviors you exhibit on a regular basis. It's really a mind-boggling example of a lack of self-awareness and competent critical discernment. It would be literally clinical if your posts in these matters are an indicator of how your perception functions on an overall basis.

It's not that I don't believe that MSNBC favors the left (that's pretty obvious, I'm not that much of a lefty lol), but they don't constantly and blatantly lie and perpetuate rumors about Romney not "being a real american" or him being a muslim or him watching americans die on tv and ordering them to "stand down". I'm sure MSNBC has misrepresented things but they don't do things like this

Sorry that I kind of went on a rant about this, but seeing people like aRedskin perpetuate their own delusions just sets me off sometimes. It can get frustrating when no matter how many facts you give someone or how reasonable you try to be with them, that they'd rather stick their fingers in their ears and say "lalalalalala"

And was the DNC & the Obama admin racist for requiring ID's for those who attened the DNC convention??

Did "The DNC and the Obama admin" check IDs at the DNC because they were trying to keep minorities out of the convention? No.

Is the GOP passing voter ID laws because they're trying to keep minorities from voting? Yes.

(Now, in the GOP's defense, they aren't trying to keep blacks from voting because they're black. They're trying to keep them from voting because they vote Democrat. If they voted Republican, then the GOP wouldn't be trying to keep them from voting. Yeah, you can argue whether it's racist to try to keep blacks from voting. But it's a rather subtle distinction.)

J ,

That all MAY be true and it MAY not. I'll leave to the great self annointed to make those accusations and inferences. I'll leave to those who really care to find any of my posts that support Fox to any great degree. I don't watch them at all, except fox sports, so I'll leave it to those who acutally watch it and can cogently reflect what biases they actually have. But the funny thing is that so many here have a reflective reaction when one critizies anyone one but Fox and automatically assumes that you're a supporter of Murdouc et el. I been arond a long time and IMO there is no greater example of media bias than MSNBC/NBC in total. I watch them, I see it, it' palpable, it's in their mission statement. It's a business and they probably don't care, which is fine by me, but call it what it is. Don't dismiss it, mitigate it because you think Fox is worst. They each stand on thier own bias petard.

Here's a link to an assessment of a recent Pew research survey/poll regarding "Journalism," today. It makes fair points to consider on both fronts.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1919999

Archived