Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leonard Hankerson: Patience

LiveStrongSkins

Correct, he's gotten more snaps in every game than Morgan has.

Morgan's snap counts (in order by game #):

34, 26, 24, 19

Hankerson's snap counts (in order by game #):

40, 30, 54, 42

He has already.  Morgan started Game 1.  Hankerson started the next 3 games.  He also has more snaps than every other WR except for Garcon.

Thank you for the info. I knew Hank had drawn the start the last three games, but I didn't realise there was such an upturn in his snaps. Good to read. 

They need to update the depth chart too that still has him behind Morgan. 

Hail. 

I have to say I have been noticing Hank more on the opening possesitions, and what I do like is he looks like he has stepped up this season .

I am a litle dissapointed with Morgan . I was hoping he would have more of an impact so far this season given he said he was restricted last year with injuries .

But i do like how Hank has progressesed he is standing out to me . The other guy jumping off the screen is Jorden Reed . I thought Reed would be the guy who had the biggest contribution this season from that daft class but I did not realise how much  .  

Now all I can hope is Robinson and Paul can continue to develop .

Correct, he's gotten more snaps in every game than Morgan has.

Morgan's snap counts (in order by game #):

34, 26, 24, 19

Hankerson's snap counts (in order by game #):

40, 30, 54, 42

I didn't realize the disparity in their snaps had been so large the past two weeks. That is good to see even if it still feels like Morgan is out there every other play lol.

Hank has that eye popping size, I love that. While he does not have that "won't catch me from behind" speed, I think he has a pretty explosive break the second he gets the ball.  I just hope his hands stay consistent. 

I'm seeing something different, because he lacks a burst after the catch and def slows down when someone is approaching and tends to fall rather easily from contact.  While he has improved from last season, I'm still hoping he gets better.  He was healthy this past offseason rather than recovering from hip surgery like he did the previous offseason, so that may be a reason for his further development... but, I'd like to see more.

In my best scouting ability, this year what I've noticed from Hank:

Getting open a little more easily, still can improve

Hands seemed to have improved

Finding open space over middle

But still has some negatives, that have been over the 3 years:

Shys from contact

still, at times, can't create separation

Hasn't seemed to built a rapport wiht RGIII like Garcon/Moss has

I think Hankerson has looked good this year. I honestly think the biggest thing holding him, Garcon, Moss, Davis, Morgan, Reed, and Robinson back is our OL. We can't keep the pocket clean enough to let these guys work more routes. The result, we have to settle for a LOT of slants, digs, and crossing routes to try to get them open fast. Last year it worked better, but I see more and more that defenses have figured out our strategy. We need to revamp our OL next year. Imagine a dominant guard or center and a good right tackle added with Trent Williams. It will make a MAJOR difference, and then we can truly see how good Hankerson and others are.

Archived