Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @chrisrussel... Gano released cundiff added

Missin Meast

Playing devil's advocate here:

We just signed a guy 2 seasons removed from a Pro Bowl who is used to kicking in outdoor conditions. He will not have to relocate his family and should be able to transition pretty seamlessly into the squad. He is a seasoned vet that will be kicking with a chip on his shoulder this year.

The Ravens' loss in the AFC Championship is much more on Lee Evans for his dropped pass than it is on Cundiff. If Evans didn't choke first we aren't even having this discussion.

Playing devil's advocate here:

We just signed a guy 2 seasons removed from a Pro Bowl who is used to kicking in outdoor conditions. He will not have to relocate his family and should be able to transition pretty seamlessly into the squad. He is a seasoned vet that will be kicking with a chip on his shoulder this year.

The Ravens' loss in the AFC Championship is much more on Lee Evans for his dropped pass than it is on Cundiff. If Evans didn't choke first we aren't even having this discussion.

And in fairness, even the missed FG wasn't on Cundiff. Everyone on the Raven's sideline--or at least everyone having to do with the special teams unit--thought that it was third down and not fourth because of a scoreboard error. The play clock had run down substantially before the Ravens realized that they needed to get their field goal unit out there. Worse, when the Ravens should have just taken the delay of game penalty so Cundiff could get set up, they instead rushed him onto the field and expected him to kick a critical field goal under time pressure.

Head scratcher,:confused: BUT there must be a reason(s) the team went in this direction. I will give a pass on this move as the organization has been doing so much better. I can't help but think that perhaps Gano & Rackers had been less than scintillating in practice. Cundiff has done some good things and does hold, and is tied, for some NFL kicking records. Still....quite a surprise. Hmmmmmmm.... HTTR :logo:

Billy is only 32.....

Gonna hate this move when Graham turns into a world class FG kicker for some other team.

The guy just kicked our longest field-goal in team history last season.

I don't like the move, but trust the coach.

Danny Smith must have pics of Danny Snyder!

I'm going to trust the coaching staff on this, rather then us ( the fans). They see the players daily. Maybe Gano just doesn't have the " it" factor. Who knows. But gotta trust our coaches.

But Cundiff does? When it comes to kickers, do you make 'em in the games or don't you, what else is there to see?

Stupid move!

100$ says Gano is signed, by the weekend.

Akers all over again, imo.

Hopefully he sits in free agency, but he's got too good a leg for that to happen.

Somebody will snag this young kicker with a leg.

Which leads me to my next question?

How is Billy Cundiff on Kickoffs?

This move makes zero since.

And I agree with others...

I would rather have had Rackers over Cundiff.

Archived