Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Looking over the current roster, and looking at the overall depth I currently see at RB, WR, LB and DL(which you can never have too much of), it really comes down to two obvious(atleast for me) areas of focus with that second rounder. DB and OL have to be primary focus, assuming that a stud like Teo or Knile Davis doesnt fall into our lap.

Now, if we see some solid progress from Ribs, Gettis and Compton, Id be happy continuing to get younger on the line and continue to develope depth on the line, eventually severing ties with J. Brown and possibly C. Chester. Monty has been a below average center so far this preseason. I know LeRebius took a lot of snaps at C early on in training camp, and reportedly did it very well. Could he eventually be our C of the future?

My views of the DB positions are a little more clouded atm. We currently have a handful of average vets getting the snaps, preventing the little bit of youth we do have at these positions from seeing the field. Crawford has looked like the big surprise at CB in moderate play time, but he is being blocked atm. The safety position is the bigger logjam atm, Gomes and Bernstein are really the only youth we have there. But, once again you have the likes of Williams, Jackson, Doughty standing between them and playing time.

I havent really started researching which prospects fit our scheme and may actually be available yet, but for me that process starts now.

I know it was a tad long winded, but I am really hoping to see us focus our attention on OL and DB early in the '13 draft.

I think Robinson shows the ability to be a starting LB, so we won't address that position. OL always makes sense, as I think Brown's career is basically over. The Merriweather/Jackson experiment is a risky one, and I really like Ray Ray Armstrong out of Miami.

Ray Ray isn't even playing at Miami, he's playing at a NAIA school IIRC since he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA

If a guy like Knile Davis is sitting there in the 2nd, Joseph Randle maybe then I could see it being a RB pick. looks like another solid year of OT talent in the mid rounds as well

Damn, you just started the thread and I'm already nodding my head along with you. Knile Davis, if he doesn't have a ridiculous season and falls to the 2nd, would be a perfect fit with us. Most will say that a RB in the 2nd is crazy talk, but I said it with Best, then Williams, then Martin, and now Knile Davis...if an impact talent at RB falls to you outside the first, and you don't have a stud, then that player can have an instantaneous impact on a stagnant offense. That doesn't mean ignore the OL or go all "flashy" picks. It means that pairing a true stud at RB with Griffin will make us a truly dominant offense. Yes, Shanahan can get by with scrubs and pull starters out of his ass in the 4th-6th rounds. But he can work MAGIC with a true stud, like Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis.

Damn, you just started the thread and I'm already nodding my head along with you. Knile Davis, if he doesn't have a ridiculous season and falls to the 2nd, would be a perfect fit with us. Most will say that a RB in the 2nd is crazy talk, but I said it with Best, then Williams, then Martin, and now Knile Davis...if an impact talent at RB falls to you outside the first, and you don't have a stud, then that player can have an instantaneous impact on a stagnant offense. That doesn't mean ignore the OL or go all "flashy" picks. It means that pairing a true stud at RB with Griffin will make us a truly dominant offense. Yes, Shanahan can get by with scrubs and pull starters out of his ass in the 4th-6th rounds. But he can work MAGIC with a true stud, like Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis.

Have you watched Joseph Randle Conn? I suggest you go watch him, really a heck of a talent at RB IMO

I'm biased but I really like what WVU has to offer this year, I firmly believe Geno Smith is a top 3 QB prospect at the very least. If Stedman Bailey declares I really want to have him, he is my favorite player in the NCAA, as you guys will learn more as this thread progresses and I keep talking about him. Tavon Austin is also a really good prospect to see, he is electric and can be a DeSean Jackson type player, I don't think Tavon should be our first selection off the board of course.

I can't really speak for the offensive line prospects, I know of Oday Aboushi and Loeckel, Jones, etc. We really need a RT.

Safety class is really good this year, I hope we take one by at least round 3, the secondary and offensive line are the two biggest question marks as of right now, but this will change by April I am sure of it.

Have you watched Joseph Randle Conn? I suggest you go watch him, really a heck of a talent at RB IMO

I like him, although i'm not really convinced he has that extra gear hitting the hole that I'd like to see. One more year of experience might take care of the hesitation though. He's definitely a guy I'll be keeping an eye on.

Here's a guy for you, more of a 3rd-down back type or best case scenario, a Bradshaw/MJD-ish player. Robbie Rouse. How do you feel about him? I'm a big fan, I like him better than I liked both Quizz and Hunter, who are also in that bowling-ball model. He might be the closest thing to Sproles that I've really seen, and usually I hate that comparison.

I'm biased but I really like what WVU has to offer this year, I firmly believe Geno Smith is a top 3 QB prospect at the very least. If Stedman Bailey declares I really want to have him, he is my favorite player in the NCAA, as you guys will learn more as this thread progresses and I keep talking about him. Tavon Austin is also a really good prospect to see, he is electric and can be a DeSean Jackson type player, I don't think Tavon should be our first selection off the board of course.

I can't really speak for the offensive line prospects, I know of Oday Aboushi and Loeckel, Jones, etc. We really need a RT.

Safety class is really good this year, I hope we take one by at least round 3, the secondary and offensive line are the two biggest question marks as of right now, but this will change by April I am sure of it.

Trust me I've been spending a ton of time on OL prospects. Joeckel will not be there in round 2, Aboushi will likely be there. Taylor Lewan from UM wont be there, but the crop of OT's is a lot better this year than last

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

I like him, although i'm not really convinced he has that extra gear hitting the hole that I'd like to see. One more year of experience might take care of the hesitation though. He's definitely a guy I'll be keeping an eye on.

Here's a guy for you, more of a 3rd-down back type or best case scenario, a Bradshaw/MJD-ish player. Robbie Rouse. How do you feel about him? I'm a big fan, I like him better than I liked both Quizz and Hunter, who are also in that bowling-ball model. He might be the closest thing to Sproles that I've really seen, and usually I hate that comparison.

If we talk about 3rd down guys I want Ray Graham oh my goodness I really do.

Trust me I've been spending a ton of time on OL prospects. Joeckel will not be there in round 2, Aboushi will likely be there. Taylor Lewan from UM wont be there, but the crop of OT's is a lot better this year than last

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

If we talk about 3rd down guys I want Ray Graham oh my goodness I really do.

Good pick there. Where do you see him going at this point in the process?

Go ahead and ask me about them buddy!

Well, it was more on where you project them to go. Personal bias aside, Habern is a terrifically athletic, smart centre IMHO, Definately a solid back-up in the pros if nothing else who should go mid-round. I'm figuring his injury history will knock him down, but when healthy he's a heck of a leader on that line/ O. But it was more this years LT, who was on the other side last year, Lane Johnson that intrigues me more. Converted TE, with the athleticism to match. Could maybe do with bulking up a bit but I personally think he's a far better prospect than ever Stephenson was coming out this past draft. He'll be a solid RT in the pros IMHO. Evans is also in his senior year and could be worth a viable late round flyer.

Hail.

Well, it was more on where you project them to go. Personal bias aside, Habern is a terrifically athletic, smart centre IMHO, Definately a solid back-up in the pros if nothing else who should go mid-round. I'm figuring his injury history will knock him down, but when healthy he's a heck of a leader on that line/ O. But it was more this years LT, who was on the other side last year, Lane Johnson that intrigues me more. Converted TE, with the athleticism to match. Could maybe do with bulking up a bit but I personally think he's a far better prospect than ever Stephenson was coming out this past draft. He'll be a solid RT in the pros IMHO. Evans is also in his senior year and could be worth a viable late round flyer.

Hail.

Haven't watched a ton of OU yet, but from what I've gathered people are really high on Lane Johnson at LT. Really will be intrigued by what they do this year without Stephenson

Haven't watched a ton of OU yet, but from what I've gathered people are really high on Lane Johnson at LT. Really will be intrigued by what they do this year without Stephenson

I really like him. Did a heck of a job at RT last year.

Talking of our other needs, there's a lot of talk Tony Jefferson could declare early to avoid the 2014 safety competition. Dudes undersized, but he's a heck of a ball hawk and real fast. Probably a better free than strong. I'd even look at the prospect of converting him into a corner.

Don't know if he's come across your raider my good man.

Hail.

*Edit* Not looking to turn the 'Skins into a Sooner love-in by any means, lol. Just throwing up a few names that are, in my opinion, pretty darn solid pro prospects that I've seen quite a bit of.

No worries on the talk about OU GHH, Wort, Jefferson Stephenson are 3 good prospects to watch this year. If Jefferson declares he'll be up towards the top of the S class with right now Eric Reid being the top guy

Now that's interesting. A lot of what I'm hearing/ reading on Jefferson declaring early was alluding to the fact he wouldn't be up against Reid in 2014.

But if Reid's coming out this year .....

Hail.

Ray Ray isn't even playing at Miami, he's playing at a NAIA school IIRC since he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA

Yeah I know, but Miami sounds so much better than Faulkner University. Haha!

I'm sure he will get it together, that guy has already been dubbed "the next Sean Taylor", even though there will never be another.

Yeah I know, but Miami sounds so much better than Faulkner University. Haha!

I'm sure he will get it together, that guy has already been dubbed "the next Sean Taylor", even though there will never be another.

He's good, and as a Miami fan I've seen plenty of him, but he isn't on that level that ST was. When he's eligible to play again he'll do well against lesser competition, could be a great value pick for us that could undoubtedly start with our shaky safety situation.

I get the feeling that aboushi will not last through the first round. Just my :2cents:

Archived