Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me crush fantasy football

doctorshockalu

I have been playing fantasy football for 7 years and have yet to win it. Can anyone recommend a solid website for rankings, draft order, sleeper picks, etc.

Seriously I can't take having a solid team again his year and crash and burn with a few injuries. Joe Bryant has a good subscription.

Anybody have suggestions?

Strategy talk is completely fine as well.

Typically I try and draft for value. Example- one good rb left bEhind 3 good wrs. I'm taking the rb sincE the point differential would be better. But this strategy has not worked for me so I'm thinking about going elite qb and stud wrs and committee the other positions. Heeeeeelp

Good question. I have a strong record of success in FF, with most of my teams making the playoffs and going deep. Last year, I had 3 yahoo teams and they all made it to the championship game (although none of them actually won)

My secret is to sign sleeper college stars, also got to keep alert for any talent and pick them up throughout the season. I signed Murray the second I heard about him doing anything significant :ols:

As far as how to play,,, there are two keys.

1. KNOW your scoring system. I mean like the back of your hand. Know what gets you points and pay attention to matchups.

2. the waiver wire. You have to know when to bite. Injuries happen, and people jump quick, but you can't jump at everything.

and to help me know tht , I use

www.footballguys.com

Love their daily email.. LOVE it. it's standard reading for breakfast.

They have excellent info, outstanding insight and analysis throughout the season.

Their message board is the real gem.. it's a large community, and practically every FF topic you can imagine is discussed.

if it's not, start a thread.

For example: "Is alfred morris likely to make an impact with the redskins".. "Does roystyer starting over Helu mean much to my cheat sheet?" and you'll get some solid info and opinion from good FF players.

their staff is smart and so is the community. it's one of my FF staples, and if I may shine up my brass, i won my league last year, and have won it 6 times in the last 15. (Keeper league.)

~Bang

I always pick up a sleeper or two throughout the season off of the waiver wires. The wire is LOADED with talent and if you are quick enough to take advantage you will benefit. I usually do that and have won the championship 3 out of the last 4 years. I run 3 teams a season though and 2 generally bomb because I generally only spend most of my time on one full time.

I have been playing fantasy football for 7 years and have yet to win it. Can anyone recommend a solid website for rankings, draft order, sleeper picks, etc.

Seriously I can't take having a solid team again his year and crash and burn with a few injuries. Joe Bryant has a good subscription.

Anybody have suggestions?

Strategy talk is completely fine as well.

Typically I try and draft for value. Example- one good rb left bEhind 3 good wrs. I'm taking the rb sincE the point differential would be better. But this strategy has not worked for me so I'm thinking about going elite qb and stud wrs and committee the other positions. Heeeeeelp

I use http://www.fftoolbox.com/ Lots of info, rankings, etc.

Draft RB's first....you want good depth with your RB's because you get the rushing TD's and receiving TD's. Never grab a WR in the first round.

Good article....

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/fantasy-football-draft-guide-how-to-outsmart-the-competition/

just finished my first PPR draft. Any suggestions are welcomed

QB Brady, Cutler

RB DeMarco, Gore, Ingram, Starks

WR- Marshall, M Wallace, Lloyd, Steve Johnson, Amendola, Hankerson

TE- Graham, Fred Davis,

K- nothing

DEF- Cincy

Nice draft. The only potential issues I see you having are at RB. You have very good RBs but they are both injury-prone. Nice QBs, WRs, defense. Awesome TEs.

Nice draft. The only potential issues I see you having are at RB. You have very good RBs but they are both injury-prone. Nice QBs, WRs, defense. Awesome TEs.

Agree i am going to try and flip one of my WR for a RB. Good thing about my league is we have the flexibility to start WR/RB/TE as our third slot so i might start both tight ends.

As far as how to play,,, there are two keys.

1. KNOW your scoring system. I mean like the back of your hand. Know what gets you points and pay attention to matchups.

2. the waiver wire. You have to know when to bite. Injuries happen, and people jump quick, but you can't jump at everything.

and to help me know tht , I use

www.footballguys.com

Love their daily email.. LOVE it. it's standard reading for breakfast.

They have excellent info, outstanding insight and analysis throughout the season.

Their message board is the real gem.. it's a large community, and practically every FF topic you can imagine is discussed.

if it's not, start a thread.

For example: "Is alfred morris likely to make an impact with the redskins".. "Does roystyer starting over Helu mean much to my cheat sheet?" and you'll get some solid info and opinion from good FF players.

their staff is smart and so is the community. it's one of my FF staples, and if I may shine up my brass, i won my league last year, and have won it 6 times in the last 15. (Keeper league.)

~Bang

Is it free? I've won our league 9 times out of 22. Yes, we've been doing this for 22 years.

Archived