Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Training Camp worth going to?

Houston2Taylor2Landry

Me and a few of my friends (Who coincidentally aren't Redskins fans) have decided we want to go to training camp tomorrow. So, my question is: Is it worth going to?

I HAVE been to Fan Appreciation day and it was great other than the fact that there was a record breaking crowd there. So is attending a normal training camp day the same of different than FAD?

:helmet:

Me and a few of my friends (Who coincidentally aren't Redskins fans) have decided we want to go to training camp tomorrow. So, my question is: Is it worth going to?

I HAVE been to Fan Appreciation day and it was great other than the fact that there was a record breaking crowd there. So is attending a normal training camp day the same of different than FAD?

:helmet:

It is cool. There int the auto tables for signatures, but plenty of players work the barrier. Plus, fewer people equals better sight lines.

I work for a Sports Radio Station in Atlanta so I get to go to the Falcons Training Camp and I must say its pretty cool. Although I get access that most dont If I were near Redskins Park I would definitely go to at least a couple of them. I dont even know half of the players on the Falcons squad so I can imagine how dope it would be at Redskins Park knowing the majority of players just by the number.

What was the guy doing?

If it's the guy I think he is referring to, he was yelling to Morris about not letting Rex make his defense look bad. Morris was smiling and looking towards our sidelines when I saw, and seemed to be taking it in stride. Most of us around the guy were laughing at it, but maybe it got worse after I moved away from that area.

I've been to several. I think it's a vastly overrated experience.

If you're going to go, go on a weekday, get there early so you can get up front...bring plenty of water because you won't want to give up your spot to go buy a bottle after you've been baking out in the heat for a few hours.

There are some cool things, you see some players up close, they wave to the fans...if it's fan appreciation day you could get an autograph if you want to fight the hordes. My buddy got Sean Taylor's autograph on his rookie authentic jersey (#36, not #21).

But overall, it's just a chance for the Redskins to sell some of their gear and make some bucks off concessions.

It really depends. Fan appreciation will be a zoo. It's on weekend, so it will be packed and the parking will also be a nightmare. As stated earlier, going on the weekdays are better. Some players sign, but in certain sections that they will stop at randomly. Some players will sign a lot, some will do a few and some will not do any. There will always be a few that do sign. It looked like RGIII was signing near the general admission which is great because a lot of the bigger names don't always do that. It is great to see the players up close and great to see the facilities. Sinc they have decided to do afternoon practices, it will be unbearably hot as there is no shade so bring a lot of water and a chair to sit from time to time.

Archived