Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Chad Ochocinco Changes Last Name

Son of Gadsden

CRAP, mods, my bad, I could have sworn this was Around the NFL. Please move it there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8191660/chad-ochocinco-miami-dolphins-says-last-name-johnson-again

Chad Ochocinco's new wife had no interest in taking a numerical last name, so the outspoken Miami Dolphins wideout is back to being just Chad Johnson.

OCNNReport.com reported Monday that Johnson officially changed his name back due in part to his marriage to Evelyn Lozada. The pair preferred Lozada's last name to be a real name rather than the gimmick last name Johnson had adopted several years ago, the report said.

Johnson changed his name on his popular Twitter account weeks ago not long after signing with the Dolphins.

"I'm refocused and locked in. Time to get back to the old me," he told ESPN.com by phone Monday, adding that his uniform will say 'Johnson.' "I'm just doing it for the marriage. It has nothing to do with football. Ochocinco is still in me. It's just my middle name."

I know you're all satisfied with life now. You're welcome.

....add to the fact that Ocho Cinco is grammatically incorrect in the Spanish language to begin with. Ochenta y Cinco= Eighty-Five, Ocho Cinco= Eight, Five.

Yeah, he knew that when he changed his name. I remember seeing an interview about the time he changed it where he said he was annoyed at everyone pointing that out to him. :)

Then he should have done it right! :pfft::ols:

Well, coaches call players by both the whole number (eighty-five) and the individual digits (eight-five) when referring to them in practice, so I didn't make as big of a deal out of it.

That being said, I'm glad he changed his name back to Johnson.

Sounds like he married a real prize.

"Ocho cinco!? Hell na, Lozada don't play that. I want me a real name, and a real diamond ring, and a real mansion."

Snip snap!

Speaking of which....I can't overlook the irony of someone named Lozada demanding her fiancee to change his name.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Between "Lozada" and "OchoCinco", does either remotely resemble a human being's name?

I don't think so. One sounds alien, the other a Spanish number.

If Ocho has to change his name back, she should change her first name too, because they are equally ridiculous. It's a pretty subjective topic though, no need for you to see it this way. ;p

Between "Lozada" and "OchoCinco", does either remotely resemble a human being's name?

I don't think so. One sounds alien, the other a Spanish number.

If Ocho has to change his name back, she should change her first name too, because they are equally ridiculous.

lolWut?

Lozada is a real last name...her first name is Evelyn. I'm trying to decide whether you're being facetious or are intolerant of other cultures, lol

lolWut?

Lozada is a real last name...her first name is Evelyn. I'm trying to decide whether you're being facetious or are intolerant of other cultures, lol

If I had to pick, it'd be intolerance, but I thought Lozada was her first name. For some reason as a last name it doesn't seem quite so loony. My mistake lol

I can definitely see why she wanted "Johnson" over it or "Ochocinco" in that case. Can't say I blame her.

Well, when you're a complete idiot like me, you learn something everyday. Then promptly forget it, and continue talking out of your ass.

Hehe..sorry. I was in too much of a rush for reading comprehension this morning, I guess.

No worries man, we all have those days. :ols:

....add to the fact that Ocho Cinco is grammatically incorrect in the Spanish language to begin with. Ochenta y Cinco= Eighty-Five, Ocho Cinco= Eight, Five.

I wondered if anyone else had picked up on that. I laughed when he changed his name a couple years ago. Laughing now that he's changing it back. She could make her name whatever she wants it to be. Why make him change his? She agreed to marry him when he was Eight-Five...lol

Archived