Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would someone go about obtaining VIP training camp access.

ramseysux

I got VIP tix last year from someone who's company buys a bunch of season tickets. It's cool for the view and being able to walk around and get some shade, but as far as autographs go, it is harder to get them. A lot of the guys I wanted to get didn't even come to our area at all, but they did go to the general area.

ask my sis ... but pretend to me, and ask her before the real me asks, which I'm about to do VERY SOON! :ols:

it's cool being that close to the action, one year I got to chill with Matt Terl. I got a ball bounce my way and I got to throw it back to Tana, who laughed cause he knew I intentionally threw back with some mustard ... good luck. seems liket that Hilton deal is pretty good.

Last year, I think if you had a kid with you, and signed up for some Redskins kids club, they would give the parent & kid VIP access. I'm not sure exactly how it worked, but I know it worked, because I saw a fellow ES member do it. I think his board name is PAskins fan(SP?). Shoot him a PM and get the specifics.

They also have dates where if you donate blood, you get a VIP pass.

VIP passes are definitely the way to go. You have a great view of practice, it's not crowded, you can get into the shade, have some snacks and beverages, you can also get a tour of the facilities. I've gotten autographs a few times over the years.

If you're fortunate enough, you might even bump into this guy ;)

IMG_0520.jpg

You also have the opportunity to pose with these:D

IMG_0509.jpg

There's no way that I'll ever attend TC without one.

Last year, I think if you had a kid with you, and signed up for some Redskins kids club, they would give the parent & kid VIP access. I'm not sure exactly how it worked, but I know it worked, because I saw a fellow ES member do it. I think his board name is PAskins fan(SP?). Shoot him a PM and get the specifics.

They also have dates where if you donate blood, you get a VIP pass.

VIP passes are definitely the way to go. You have a great view of practice, it's not crowded, you can get into the shade, have some snacks and beverages, you can also get a tour of the facilities. I've gotten autographs a few times over the years. .

OK, so if you book at the Hilton Garden Inn, where do these VIP passes get you? Under the tents or in a roped off section up front?

When I did it a few years ago I could go to either. I sat up front of the ropes next to Cooleys wife, mother and brother but walked over to the tents when I wanted something cold to drink because they had big bins of drinks over there. My girlfriend got hot setting in the sun and went and sat in the tents for a while.

Also the Hotel is where a lot of the players stay and I think the rookies had to be there. I was in the elevator with Orakpo and Todd Yoder.

When I did it a few years ago I could go to either. I sat up front of the ropes next to Cooleys wife, mother and brother but walked over to the tents when I wanted something cold to drink because they had big bins of drinks over there. My girlfriend got hot setting in the sun and went and sat in the tents for a while.

Also the Hotel is where a lot of the players stay and I think the rookies had to be there. I was in the elevator with Orakpo and Todd Yoder.

Thanks. I haven't been to TC for several years now but just may go this year. My nephew is a Kid's Club member so maybe a bunch of us will go up.

Thanks. I haven't been to TC for several years now but just may go this year. My nephew is a Kid's Club member so maybe a bunch of us will go up.

Glad it helps. Its been since 09 so I hope things havent changed but thats how it was then.

OK, so if you book at the Hilton Garden Inn, where do these VIP passes get you? Under the tents or in a roped off section up front?

All the VIP passes, to the best of my knowledge, get you access to the VIP area, which are the canopies, located behind one of the end-zones, and the sideline. They also offer small guided tours of the facility, every 1/2 hr(?), or so, which is pretty interesting and a nice break from the heat.

That's all well and good but, to me, the big advantage is that you get to roam the sideline, to see all of the action, without being stuck with all of those fans who are all jostling for a better view near the fence. No one get's in your way and you don't have to hang out to stake a good spot. Here's a pic, that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. The vantage point where I'm standing is much better hanging out in that crowd, especially when it's in the 90's.

IMG_1889.jpg

All the VIP passes, to the best of my knowledge, get you access to the VIP area, which are the canopies, located behind one of the end-zones, and the sideline. They also offer small guided tours of the facility, every 1/2 hr(?), or so, which is pretty interesting and a nice break from the heat.

That's all well and good but, to me, the big advantage is that you get to roam the sideline, to see all of the action, without being stuck with all of those fans who are all jostling for a better view near the fence. No one get's in your way and you don't have to hang out to stake a good spot. Here's a pic, that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. The vantage point where I'm standing is much better hanging out in that crowd, especially when it's in the 90's.]

Good info! Thanks. Now to decide if I go to Fan Appreciation Day or not.I'm thinking if I go on another day, crowds will be smaller and have a better chance meeting players.

Good info! Thanks. Now to decide if I go to Fan Appreciation Day or not.I'm thinking if I go on another day, crowds will be smaller and have a better chance meeting players.

Me, and my friends in the know, avoid Fan Appreciation Day at all costs. The traffic sucks. The parking sucks. The crowd sucks. Everything about it sucks. To truly enjoy TC, try to attend during one of the weekday practices. It's still kinda of crowded, but very managagable.

Don't let my "I'm not going without a VIP pass" statement scare you away from camp. Even without the pass, it's a great time. You're real close to the players and see them from different perspective than you do on gameday. Afterwards, some of the players are pretty accessible, and they'll work the fence near the sidelines and patiently sign autographs. It's a great way to spend a few hours. Just be prepared. Take a small cooler and pack it with ice and sports drinks, (no glass),sunscreen and dress appropriately.

Archived