Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Robert Griffin III feels Redskins’ fans hunger for success

Hunger? More like starved. He seems to be doing pretty darn good considering some of the pressure he's probably already had put on his back. This is good.

Over/Under on number of games or quarters before an ES member declares him a bust. HMM.

First series agaist Buffalo.

Nice headline. There's a guy living in a hut 20 miles north of Tsetserleg, Arkhangai province of Outer Mongolia that feels Redskins fans hunger for success.

I love RGIII, but I'm not quite ready to get all caught up in this thing. But it would be great to get some momentum going. Love this guy's style with the media.

At the very least some ****ing about the throw. Which will of course,question Mike and Kyle as well. :)

3rd preseason game

Well he did say first game,but I can see that happening,(how bad is that?).

At the very least some ****ing about the throw. Which will of course,question Mike and Kyle as well. :)

Well he did say first game,but I can see that happening,(how bad is that?).

I figured I'd go with the 3rd, because he probably won't play that much in the first 2 games, which is where the board may be split 50/50 between the "Well he doesn't look 100% comfortable out there/he's rushing throws/Cousins looks more calm (because he's playing scrubs),hmmmm, Start Cousins!" people, and the "It's only the 1st/2nd preseason game, everyone chill the hell out" people.

If things are still a bit shaky by the 3rd game, I fully expect some people on here to start going the route of Frank Pentangeli.

I was definately an early RG3 doubter, even suggesting he wasn't worth a first round pick. The more he speaks the more I've come to change my beliefs. The guy has Sean Taylor like college highlights and seems to be coming into his stride. I think theres a great chance Robert is going to light it up from day one.

RG3 has no idea how this city is. As long as he stays strong minded and hearted, he will be fine.

But this city will eat you alive. This is not Waco.

I think he'll get more leeway than some others. So long as he flashes some potential, I think he'll be fine. I mean, who can really blame people for wanting to replace Grossman. Nevermind that Beck was the #2, but, yeah, I think RGIII will get a longer leash.

And our fans are are only about a 4 on the crazy nasty scale. Meanwhile, our rival in Pennsylvania broke the knob trying to go past 10, and then yelled at it for breaking. And then booed Santa Claus for good measure...again.

You gotta love that he's saying and doing all the right things. I hope it all comes together for him quickly on the field.

I am waiting for that first touchdown pass he throws, and witnessing the excitement and jubulation he will show !!!!

That in itself will should get fans fired up.

Hope Bruce gets together with agent so that RG3 can workout Monday.

I would say there is no way that a deal is not completed in some sort by Monday that will allow him to be at Rookie Practice. It is not only RG3, but also Bluto (LeRibeus ) has not signed.

---------- Post added July-13th-2012 at 04:31 PM ----------

This! Most (not all) ES members will expect no less than perfection from this young man immediately. There are too many people who just do not get it.

from a good article that talks about what RG3 had to overcome in college:

Griffin certainly doesn't seem anxious. While hard work and attention to detail have helped provide the foundation for his success, RG3 is not short on confidence, in part because he understands the power of positive thought.

"There were some talented guys at Baylor when I got there," Griffin said. "It wasn't the talent [that held us back]; it was more about the mindset. You can't just lose and say, 'Well, it was Texas, it was Oklahoma …' And you can't be laughing and giggling after you lost a game. Everybody copes with it in their own way, but I think the determination and the seriousness of the situation definitely changed as the years went on, and guys truly started to buy in."

Griffin, named the Redskins' starter by coach Mike Shanahan 10 days after being drafted, insisted he isn't worried about having to combat a similar strain of defeatism in the Washington locker room.

"The difference is: in the NFL, it is a business and these guys, they're working to put food on their family's table," Griffin said. "So there is none of that. They know if they go out and they're not doing a great job, that they don't have a job the next day. From what I've heard it's all been positive stuff about what we can do, not, 'We can't do that.' "

Robert Griffin III's leadership tests at Baylor readied him for move to Redskins - Yahoo! Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--robert-griffin-iii-s-leadership-tests-at-baylor-readied-him-for-move-to-redskins-.html

Archived