Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DenverPost:Colorado Wildfires: Eight wildfires roaring across the state

Stadium-Armory

OMG, this is horrible.

Fire has breached the perimeter of Colorado Springs. Many structures have been destroyed. Unfortunately, we had 65 MPH winds this afternoon on top of 98 degree heat.

Unbelievable, the whole freaking west side of town is on fire.

Damn K. That's horrible. I just had a friend of mine who lives over by Peterson AFB just post an updated evacuation map. It includes places right up to Highway 25. I remember going that way all the time when we lived there many,many years ago. You all take care out there.

This just popped up on Facebook via the Air Force Academy.

afacademyfire.jpg

Wow, so a 9th fire in Boulder now? it started at 5-6 acres this morning, now its like 4,500 acres?!?!?! This is starting to get really bad.

An e-mail went out today at work asking if there were any volunteers to host families that have been evacuated. Up to 258 homes destroyed as of today...

94336d1335238231-official-thread-all-2012-colorado-fire-smoke.png

I'm a dummy and still can't figure out how to post pics on here (yeah, I admit it! :) ) Bu I have some unbelievable pictures. Maybe tonight I'll actually spend more than 30 seconds to figure it out.

So far, 32,000 people evacuated. Part of I-25 closed. Blocks and blocks of homes have burned to the ground.

Governor Hickenlooper just flew in to COS on a helicopter and is giving a presser now: "Never in the history of Colorado have we witnessed a fire season like this."

I'm a dummy and still can't figure out how to post pics on here (yeah, I admit it! :) ) Bu I have some unbelievable pictures. Maybe tonight I'll actually spend more than 30 seconds to figure it out.

if they're on your pc just use the attachment button...

if they're hosted on the web, just use the {image} url {/image} tags (using [ instead of { of course)

now you owe me a date.

if they're on your pc just use the attachment button...

if they're hosted on the web, just use the {image} url {/image} tags (using [ instead of { of course)

now you owe me a date.

:ols::ols::ols:

oh, my bad lol.

No worries!! I assume everyone on this site is a dude, too :)

Air Force Academy evacuated. So is my work.

Edit: Yes I suck, I still can't post correctly.

I stopped in Colorado Springs on my move out to California. I've been here at my brothers house since Sunday. Terrible situation :(

Are you on the west or east side of the Springs?

Was just informed by my tennis partner her house has been burned to the ground. Waiting to hear from another friend about his house :(

Are you on the west or east side of the Springs?

Was just informed by my tennis partner her house has been burned to the ground. Waiting to hear from another friend about his house :(

We're just off of West Uintah and N. 17th st.

This is the second one of these I've been through. I lived in San Diego in 2003 when that fire hit down there. It's heartbreaking to see people lose everything. :(

We're just off of West Uintah and N. 17th st.

This is the second one of these I've been through. I lived in San Diego in 2003 when that fire hit down there. It's heartbreaking to see people lose everything. :(

Yeah, this is really sad. I feel terribly for everyone. With where you are, you guys are packed and ready to evacuate, right?

I've been through 4 significant wildfires. This is definitely the craziest I've seen though...

Yeah, I still had everything in my Jeep, I was already leaving tomorrow as I need to be in California on Friday Morning. My brother and sister in-law was packing stuff up before. When I was in the one in 2003, I woke up to red sky. That one was only a mile from jumping over 15 and into Mira Mesa. It would have destroyed the entire town if it did.

10Z4L.jpg

It reminds me of San Diego in I believe '04 or '05. The sky was almost pitch black, it was literally snowing ash, and I missed my grandfathers funeral because the fire had jumped the highway and cut me off from the airport. Crazy times. My brother lives out in Denver now. Said he could see a fire from his office yesterday. Hopefully that works out.

Archived