Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

KERRAKPO9198

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You sound bitter that norfolk and northern virginina couldn't get the expos. Well, until then they are the Washington Redskins my friend. If I lived in crozet with no team, I would be in my own fantasy world also calling them the VA skins. You must believe everything you read on the forum. Couldn't lock the deal with cooke sorry. Also, they play in md, and their still called the Washington Redskins. You need to get out the little country in Crozet.

If they build a stadium in VA would you still root for them?

Not me I just joined. I am going to stop adding fuel to the fire.

Just answer this last question, if the Redskins build a new stadium in VA, would you still root for them?

---------- Post added February-20th-2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

Lets start a petition to move all of the Redskins facilities to Virginia. Who's down?

Thank you.

Are you going to answer my question from earlier, would you still root for the Redskins if they build a new stadium in VA?

---------- Post added February-20th-2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

Washington Redskins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Redskins history

RGIII college highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8346q0ijq4 RGIII Redskins highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y03-lYvJjE Morris hightlights

Garcon highlights

Orakpo highlights

Monster Orakpo

Kerrigan 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhRbf9Ik6U Kerrigan 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TD4l9WSyR8 Fletcher highlights

:helmet:

no they don't. There is not a single major media market in VA.

lol... It's interesting that the Nationals owner Ted Lerner tried to buy the redskins years and years ago. I think he would have done a good job. Having a networth of 3.5 billion dollars doesn't hurt either. DC has had some decent owners. Kent Cooke, Leonis (IMO), Abe Pollin (did a lot for the dc community), Ted Lerner etc.

GD, I can't stand this thread. Everytime it comes back to life, I wish it would just go away. The Redskins are NOT moving to Richmond or Hampton Roads. Just because Virginia has training camp and the headquarters does not mean anything. The Redskins are well represented by the entire DMV area, and their home city is Washington, which is still the largest metropolitan area in the DMV.

Hampton Roads doesn't even deserve the redskins. The beach blitz was a failure, the only redskins store in the entire area went out of business in Norfolk, and you had a sports news anchor kick one of our games off the air in favor of a cowboys game because he considered us "unwatchable" that year (I had to go to a bar to watch that game, only to see most of the TVs on the cowboys game that clicked off because of some glitch with Sunday Ticket). Sports stands in the malls sell cowboys and steelers crap instead of redskins stuff because it doesn't even sell, fans down here don't represent the way DC does. Not even close.

Look, until someone proves otherwise, the next stadium is going right on top of the old RFK site. We all know it, DC is already leaking out info about getting the team back into the city (which is exactly why Vincent Gray retracted his statements on the name change). I'm from Virginia, I love Virginia, but the Redskins should not be and NEVER will be the Virginia Redskins. It's f'n retarded.

GD, I can't stand this thread. Everytime it comes back to life, I wish it would just go away. The Redskins are NOT moving to Richmond or Hampton Roads. Just because Virginia has training camp and the headquarters does not mean anything. The Redskins are well represented by the entire DMV area, and their home city is Washington, which is still the largest metropolitan area in the DMV.

Hampton Roads doesn't even deserve the redskins. The beach blitz was a failure, the only redskins store in the entire area went out of business in Norfolk, and you had a sports news anchor kick one of our games off the air in favor of a cowboys game because he considered us "unwatchable" that year (I had to go to a bar to watch that game, only to see most of the TVs on the cowboys game that clicked off because of some glitch with Sunday Ticket). Sports stands in the malls sell cowboys and steelers crap instead of redskins stuff because it doesn't even sell, fans down here don't represent the way DC does. Not even close.

Look, until someone proves otherwise, the next stadium is going right on top of the old RFK site. We all know it, DC is already leaking out info about getting the team back into the city (which is exactly why Vincent Gray retracted his statements on the name change). I'm from Virginia, I love Virginia, but the Redskins should not be and NEVER will be the Virginia Redskins. It's f'n retarded.

:shhh::cry:

I would say the samething if I had none of the four major sports teams in my state. They are VA's team okay. But washington is still the name correct? They won three superbowls in DC correct? "Gray said the "Redskins have made it clear" that they would "like to have the back here" in Washington, D.C. Isn's gray out of office in 2014? Thanks

VA has no sports teams for a reason. Nothing against VA, but baltimore/dc are the true sports areas.

Never said they should rename to Virginia Redskins. They should always be called Washington Redskins. Giants don't play in NY, Dallas doesn't play in Dallas etc. It's not big deal to me. You even agreed they are Virginia's team, but you don't think VA deserve it because Gray will be out of office & you think Virginia isn't a true sport's area? Go to a Virginia Tech game, i think that might change your view on Virginia sports quickly. You think moving back to DC will win us super bowls? I don't understand that point. Teams that win needs fan support and where is most of the fan support? Virginia.

Virginia doesn't have any pro teams because DC is next door. If DC never existed, Virginia would have pro teams much like how North Carolina has pro teams today.

Never said they should rename to Virginia Redskins. They should always be called Washington Redskins. Giants don't play in NY, Dallas doesn't play in Dallas etc. It's not big deal to me. You even agreed they are Virginia's team, but you don't think VA deserve it because Gray will be out of office & you think Virginia isn't a true sport's area? Go to a Virginia Tech game, i think that might change your view on Virginia sports quickly. You think moving back to DC will win us super bowls? I don't understand that point. Teams that win needs fan support and where is most of the fan support? Virginia.

I got the Maryland Terps and then the Georgetown Hoyas so no need to go to a va tech. Redskins won a superbowl in dc is all I'm saying. Yeah m

Virginia doesn't have any pro teams because DC is next door. If DC never existed, Virginia would have pro teams much like how North Carolina has pro teams today.

I got the Maryland Terps and then the Georgetown Hoyas so no need to go to a va tech game. Redskins won a superbowl in dc is all I'm saying. Yeah most fans are in Va, but remember skins have a decent nationwide fanbase also.

I highly doubt Skins return to the RFK property. Too much local red tape, too much federal red tape (they own the land and the Redskins name will surely get Congress involved), too much local politics, too much local neighborhood opposition to the RFK site, and Danny loses lots of revenue from parking and food/beverage moving there.

Most likely, it will be on a private site that Danny can milk the parking lot and vendor money for additional profits. VA seems interested but that, too, depends on the political winds and who wins the upcoming governorship race. MD or VA, but it will be on private land some how.

Hell, bring back up here to Carlisle, PA! Hate the pigeons fans. Steeler fans or mostly OK.

Most likely, it will be on a private site that Danny can milk the parking lot and vendor money for additional profits. VA seems interested but that, too, depends on the political winds and who wins the upcoming governorship race. MD or VA, but it will be on private land some how.

And thats why i am really now thinking that the new stadium will be at the current site. He has the largest parking lot in the NFL and i highly doubt he would want to move away from that. He doesn't want a place that is too accessible by public transportation

Archived