Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WHDH: Matt Light retires after 11 years with the Patriots

MassSkinsFan

FOXBORO, Mass. (WHDH) -- New England said goodbye to a true Patriot on Monday.

Matt Light announced his retirement from the NFL. Light spent 11 years with the Patriots.

He was a force on the offensive line and helped lead the Patriots to five Super Bowls -- and has three Super Bowl rings. The longtime left tackle had 153 career regular season starts and 20 more games in the playoffs.

He was a second round pick in 2001 and a three-time pro bowler and a one-time al pro.

Light made his retirement official at the Hall at Patriot Place Monday morning

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/12007409906289/matt-light-retires-after-11-years-with-the-patriots/#ixzz1uCeAC9Bu

Best of luck. I always liked Matt Light even though he was on the Pats.

That sucks for them that he retired after the draft. Nothing against him, but that kinda shortlists them for LTs. If he had done it before the draft they might have drafted one.

They've had a ton of time to make adjustments. It's been no secret that Light was on the precipice of retirement since at least the very beginning of the offseason.

Think about how strong your team could become if you could flat out ignore LT and QB in the draft and free agency for over a decade

Amazing the Pats have such a ****ty defense if you really think about it

That sucks for them that he retired after the draft. Nothing against him, but that kinda shortlists them for LTs. If he had done it before the draft they might have drafted one.

I'm pretty sure they'll be alright. They have Volmer and Solder.

Just a matter if that ****ty continues to suck or not.

You're right. I see NE didn't draft any oline-men. 6 defensive picks and a WR. I thought I read somewhere that Belichick and Brady knew Light was leaving.

Why would they have chip on their shoulder? They seem to have a certain swagger anyway. The only time I can remember them trying to say eff-you to the league was during the 18-1 season.

If losing the Super Bowl to the same team that ruined their perfect season doesn't get them fired up, I can't imagine what will.

If losing the Super Bowl to the same team that ruined their perfect season doesn't get them fired up, I can't imagine what will.

That could be a reason, but I think generally the Pats know they are better than most teams and don't really have to have a chip on their shoulder.

Archived