Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mad Men Season 5

MattFancy

It was excellent. Way too long a wait but it was great to have over 2 hours of it.... Roger is my favorite character.. he is awesome.

Joan is still the hottest thing around - missed her curves.

Cant decide whats the best of the three: Walking Dead, Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

It was excellent. Way too long a wait but it was great to have over 2 hours of it.... Roger is my favorite character.. he is awesome.

Joan is still the hottest thing around - missed her curves.

Cant decide whats the best of the three: Walking Dead, Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

All 3 good choices, but its definitely Mad Men. The way you get to know the characters in this show is unlike any other.

Roger is off to an interesting start this season. Seems like he just really doesn't care lol

I think that the change Don is showing is a result of how good Megan is for him. The problem is that while she is really good for him on a personal level, maybe not so much on a professional level. Don works in an industry that is hyper competitive and eats people alive that are soft and I'm not sure he can thrive there like he did in the past while being the person he is with Megan. Like the conversation they had at the end of the episode of what she thinks of the people in the office, and not just because of how she thinks they view her being married to Don, but what they are as people.

It was really interesting to see how well she actually knew him though, because last time we saw them I'm pretty sure he had never revealed who he really was to her. It just looked like he impulsively proposed to a girl he barely knew that had no real idea who he really was either. I was a bit surprised to come back after time had passed and see them working so well together.

I'm just waiting for Betty to show up and cause some problems, she's been the villain of the show for quite a while and at the end of last season they hinted that she still had feelings for Don. Obviously if she decides she doesn't like the idea of Don being happy with someone else I wouldn't be surprised at all if she tries to pull Don and Megan apart.

There are so many places they can go with this season and the first episode was a really promising start to it.

Oh yeah, Mad Men and Breaking Bad are pretty much equal in my mind and both far ahead of The Walking Dead. I like The Walking Dead but it isn't nearly as well written as Mad Men and can't keep up with the pace of Breaking Bad.

• 1 month later...

I've really enjoyed it this season, particularly the writing. I don't know if it makes sense but it has a feel like it was written as a play. There was a scene a few week's back where Pete Campbell is on the phone with his paramour and Harry Crane gets off the elevator and they have a non-sequitor type of conversation but it was really about Pete and the woman. Nice touch. Empty elevators. The costuming has been on point too.

This has been an excellent season. Best scene of the year was Lane Pryce beating up Pete Campbell.

I have to admit - Don is sort of a drip now. I preferred the philandering, bad ass Don. He was an ahole but fun to watch. His character is still an ahole but not nearly as interesting.

Roger steals every scene he is in. I could watch that guy chew gum and be entertained.

Last nights show Joan looked the best she ever has... damn she is smoking hot.

Agree with everyone else in this thread, the season has been excellent :yes:...

Took me a moment last night but I realized Joan had been on her "date" before Don came over to tell her not to..

Roger on LSD was hilarious :ols:...easily the most entertaining character on that show this season.

Fat Betty was a crack up as well lol...she seemed to have mellowed out in a big way (no pun intended lol)....but then the old bitter Betty shows up after seeing Don's new, sexy, thin wife :D...

And yeah, Don being happy and content is kinda weird...hell, the show even had Peggy comment on it in an earlier episode lol...

Great show, great writing, incredible acting.

I truly believe THIS is how you take a year and a half off—with arguably the best season of the series so far. I remember when Sopranos took a long hiatus and came back kinda average.

I didn't pick up on that, that Joan had already been out. Fantastic episode.

On a philosophical level, we ALL give up something to get where or what we want. So I don't think I'd criticize Joan too much for her decision. It's a crazy season and they've tackled some tough questions. I thought Ginsburg was a caricatur-ish early on but they've really fleshed out his character.

FWIW, I think they kill of Megan in the finale. There's been a ton of foreshadowing. Maybe that's what brings back womanizing Don Draper back. Aside from Sally, he'll have lost all his women (Peggy and Megan).

I truly believe THIS is how you take a year and a half off—with arguably the best season of the series so far. I remember when Sopranos took a long hiatus and came back kinda average.

I didn't pick up on that, that Joan had already been out. Fantastic episode.

Slightly spoilerish, I guess:

Yeah, when they showed her taking off the necklace the guy gave her--THEN putting on her robe to go talk to Don--it hit me that she had already been on her date.

I thought Ginsburg was a caricatur-ish early on but they've really fleshed out his character.

Ginsberg's a weird one to figure out...he seems like a copywriting genius so far, though.

FWIW, I think they kill of Megan in the finale. There's been a ton of foreshadowing. Maybe that's what brings back womanizing Don Draper back. Aside from Sally, he'll have lost all his women (Peggy and Megan).

She'll fall down the elevator shaft? lol...

Did not see Peggy leaving. But I guess she could only put up with so much crap.

Didn't think Joan would do it. Was surprised Roger didn't put up more of a fight to stop her or to stop Pete from even talking about it.

Something is gonna happen to Layne in the season finale, I just have a feeling.

Did not see Peggy leaving. But I guess she could only put up with so much crap.

Didn't think Joan would do it. Was surprised Roger didn't put up more of a fight to stop her or to stop Pete from even talking about it.

Something is gonna happen to Layne in the season finale, I just have a feeling.

I'm surprised Layne didn't go to the partners and just straight up tell them that he needs some money, and why...with what these guys deal with, overlook and instigate, Layne's issues seem petty in comparison lol...

I'm surprised Layne didn't go to the partners and just straight up tell them that he needs some money, and why...with what these guys deal with, overlook and instigate, Layne's issues seem petty in comparison lol...

Yeah its going to be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I'm think something will happen in the finale. I have my ideas...

I saw the Lane thing coming, just thought it would happen in the finale.

Does anybody wonder where Mad Men will end? I know its signed on for I think two more seaons and Weiner has said he just wants to finish Don's story the right way or something to that effect...but what could that be? It doesn't seem nearly as easy to wrap up the world they have created here as say it would be the Soprano's or Breaking Bad where characters and plots can easily spiral out of control reaching an inevitable conclusion. Mad Men seems so different by comparison.

Season 5 has been fantastic though. Can't wait for the finale.

Archived