Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins give Rex Grossman 1-year deal

RedskinsFanInTX

Shanahan benched Cutler for the beginning of the year and started Plummer.

Denver went 13-3 and was in the AFCCG with Plummer and they drafted Cutler 3-4 months later. I'm sure you know that this isn't the same situation with us starting the NFL leader in INT's last year despite him only starting 12 games.

Denver went 13-3 and was in the AFCCG with Plummer and they drafted Cutler 3-4 months later. I'm sure you know that this isn't the same situation with us starting the NFL leader in INT's last year despite him only starting 12 games.

Of course. I'm just saying IF, for some reason, Shanahan decides to go with a veteran to start the year, it won't be a reflection of Griffin's abilities.

Of course. I'm just saying IF, for some reason, Shanahan decides to go with a veteran to start the year, it won't be a reflection of Griffin's abilities.

Of course not... It would be a reflection of the Shanahan's love affair with Grossman.

That's the point!

But very good points and I think we all pray that RGIII starts regardless of how good Grossman looks in camp!

Of course not... It would be a reflection of the Shanahan's love affair with Grossman.

That's the point!

But very good points and I think we all pray that RGIII starts regardless of how good Grossman looks in camp!

shannahan's been pretty consistent that the best practice player and prepare-er will start each week.

luckily RGIII has much more dedication than grossman so it shouldn't be an issue.

That's the point!

It would be a reflection of RGIII needing a bit more time to get comfortable in the offense.

I know you're looking for manlove, but you're looking in the wrong place.

I think it's funny how people always refer to a "Shannahan love affair with Grossman", ESPECIALLY now after it's clear the plan was to go QB in 2012. In 2011, Grossman was the best quarterback on the team, so he played. Oh and if you didn't notice, Shannahan benched his ass. So can people please stop with the love affair talk and the 'derr he hung his reputation on Rex and Beck' Like people think Shanny is dumb and naive enough to really think there was a great chance of success with Grossman.

Shanahan has such a "love" for Rex that he has signed him to a series of one year contracts.

It's just laughable.

Rex was brought in to be a backup to McSuck. He was thrust into action because McSuck was awful and Rex proved it was the right move by clearly and decisively outplaying the Dirtball Thrower.

Last year it appears that Becky was going to be given the shot to be the starter and once again Rex clearly outplayed Becky so he started.

There is a commitment to Griffin (draft status and picks given up) that neither McSuck or Becky had. Griffin will have a longer leash but if he looks overwhelmed (which I doubt will happen) then pulling him for a few games and inserting Rex is the right move. Getting shell shocked isn't "gaining experience".

Archived