Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washingtonian: High Society: Washington’s Love Affair With Marijuana

mhd24

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/22552.html

WOW, this is the money quote:

"This is a town where I could probably kill 200 major careers if I wanted to be a complete prick,” says Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), which is headquartered on K Street. “Politicians, members of Congress and the Senate, many of their principals—legislative directors, chiefs of staff, communications directors—people in the private sector, Cato Institute, American Enterprise Institute, Brookings, police, any number of notable journalists from television, print, radio, many brand names most Americans would recognize pretty quickly—I’ve smoked with all of them. There is more smoke in DC closets than there is sex.”"

Very interesting article. I think it's "high" time we wake up and understand that this evil little weed isn't so evil and may actually help way more than it hurts. I've seen countless careers and lives ruined by abuse of prescription drugs and very few by pot. I argue that the ones affected by pot are people that will find away to be worthless on another drug even if pot didn't exist. Problem is, the pharmacutical companies have the politicians in their pockets so they have the necessary leverage to continue their stranglehold on America. $ equals corruption and it's the reason our country is in the toilet.

I would also like to throw this out there. Right now I have a young man who is awaiting Courts Martial for using heroin, uess what his gateway drug was? Percocet! Started using them for a back injury, then started snorting them, shooting them and when that became too expensive he switched to heroin. Wonder where this kid would be at if he could have eaten a brownie to ease the pain of injury instead of taking a percocet? Lets face it people, pot being illegal is just stupid!

not to mention replacing a lot of the cotton growing with industrial hemp is a cheaper and easier source of of materials that could be tied with tax breaks for companies who placed their process factories near those farms. Forget the smoking the other kind for a second. This is like saying "No, we don't want to help our economy with a cheap and easy renewable resource that can grow is so many parts of this country"

:ols:

I think one of my more fun memories from high school is meeting people who were very close to Al Gore's son and learning about how much he smoked.

Its too bad that stuff in DC is crap and that so many jobs around here now require TS/SCI clearances. Notice you won't find gov't contractors or CIA personnel on this guy's list :ols:

:ols:

I think one of my more fun memories from high school is meeting people who were very close to Al Gore's son and learning about how much he smoked.

Its too bad that stuff in DC is crap and that so many jobs around here now require TS/SCI clearances. Notice you won't find gov't contractors or CIA personnel on this guy's list :ols:

Well, I'm sure Congresspeople have clearances.

Right. Imagine if tomorrow when Senators and Congressmen/women showed up for "work"....there was a drug test waiting for them that they couldn't skip. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the folks who scream the loudest against it would also be the folks who failed their tests.

Unless they serve on the House or Senate intel committees they do not. And that is only the Chief of Staff OR the Reps and Senators themselves. And in most cases it is not a TS/SCI with lifestyle poly that they have. They may just have a TS, which you can have without having to be poly'd

---------- Post added February-5th-2012 at 11:54 AM ----------

Right. Imagine if tomorrow when Senators and Congressmen/women showed up for "work"....there was a drug test waiting for them that they couldn't skip. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the folks who scream the loudest against it would also be the folks who failed their tests.

Absolutley

• 4 weeks later...

Archived