Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: Who Should Skins Fans be rooting for Super Bowl Sunday? Redskins Nation confused about rivalries?

rd421

I can't stand either of these teams. Mike Golic was saying on Mike and Mike that when he watches games he is capable of not rooting for one team or the other, and I'm pretty confident I can do that this go round. I can't bring myself to say I'd rather either team win.

Maybe in the next few days the NFL can make a way for both teams to lose :evilg:

I hate Super Bowls like this.

I'm not rooting for the Giants, I'm just rooting for Patriots to lose. I live in Patriot country and Patriot fans are some of the most ignorant, bandwagon jumping fans ever. Forget the fact that the Giants are division rivals, it doesnt matter. I absolutely despise the Patriots more than the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants combined, but thats probably just because of my geographical location.

I'm not rooting for the Giants, I'm just rooting for Patriots to lose. I live in Patriot country and Patriot fans are some of the most ignorant, bandwagon jumping fans ever. Forget the fact that the Giants are division rivals, it doesnt matter. I absolutely despise the Patriots more than the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants combined, but thats probably just because of my geographical location.
It is very hard for me to root for the Giants but Patriots' fans make it almost impossible to root for them. My in-laws root for them and they are from NY, really? The only reason they root for them is because Tom Brady is handsome and the team is successful. I guarantee not one of them has heard of Steve Grogan or could spell his last name.

I do not want the Giants to have more titles than us but I do find them easier to stomach than the Eagles and Cowboys, I just do. Of NFC East rivals, I get along with their fans because for the most part, they respect the tradition, are not always belligerent and can hold a conversation with them about football. That and we pantsed them twice this year while we lost to the Pats. I guess I would rather be able to say we swept the Super Bowl Champ instead of, hey, we almost beat them.

It is very hard for me to root for the Giants but Patriots' fans make it almost impossible to root for them. My in-laws root for them and they are from NY, really? The only reason they root for them is because Tom Brady is handsome and the team is successful. I guarantee not one of them has heard of Steve Grogan or could spell his last name.

Thats the way most Pats fans are. Before 2001, nobody up here would get caught dead in patriots gear except for the very very rare diehard fan ((and i mean this, New England fans are the worst fairweather fans around)) and now you can't spit without it landing on some bozo with a Brady jersey. Not only are they bandwagon jumpers, they give fans of any other team absolute hell for wearing gear for any other team besides the Patriots. I've worked with Eagles fans and my uncle is a Giants fan and both of them are A LOT more respectable towards my Redskins fandom than ANY Patriots 'fan' ever has been.

Growing up we had a crazy household... My dad is a *barf* cowboys fan, my bro is a giants fan, and I of course root for the skins. My dad is rooting for the giants in the superbowl because "they are one of my son's teams". I'm still rooting for the patriots!

Anyone else grow up in a multi-team-of-the-same-division family??

I put this in another thread in the ATN that should be stickied:

I'm going on record as saying I cannot understand why any, ANY Redskin fan would want our division rival to win another SB.

1) The Patriots cheated 5 years ago, not this year, so put a sock in it.

2) The Pats are not in our division, not in our conference and not our rival, so who cares?

3) They don't give out division banners/trophies for a team within your division winning a SB. This BS about NFC East dominance is "crap"

4) You should have your Redskin fan card revoke if we had actual fan cards.

5) In no way, shape or form do I EVER want a division rival to win a championship and have their fans happy, with their stupid new sigs and bragging rights, etc. Let them suffer a defeat!!

In 2007 it was because I rather have Giants win than hear 19-0 for the rest of my life.

This year, why the hell would i want the Giants to have more Super Bowls than the Redskins? Why would I only want to have the upper hand on the Eagles in terms of Super Bowl victories?

Down with the Giants.....let's go Patriots!!!!

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 11:46 AM ----------

I'm going on record as saying I cannot understand why any, ANY Redskin fan would want our division rival to win another SB.

2) The Pats are not in our division, not in our conference and not our rival, so who cares?

3) They don't give out division banners/trophies for a team within your division winning a SB. This BS about NFC East dominance is "crap"

5) In no way, shape or form do I EVER want a division rival to win a championship and have their fans happy, with their stupid new sigs and bragging rights, etc. Let them suffer a defeat!!

I support this post! As stated, 2007 was an exception due to the surrounding circumstances....but my allegiance lies with the Redskins and wish ill on all East opponents...and especially Devin Thomas!!!

Always the nfc east....... No question

Last time I checked, they don't give out trophies, banners or flags for "NFC East" wins. We get "Zero" for whichever team wins. **** the NFC East pride bull****. There is none. I will never, ever, never root for the Cowpukes, Philthy or the VaGiants to win a championship.

And 4 years ago, it wouldn't have mattered to me if he Patriots went 19-0. We knew they cheated in previous years and even though we were one of their victims, who cares? Maybe the old geezers in Miami would have finally shut their yaps if the Patriots had won. And we all know that 75% of all Patriot fans weren't around before 1999. Most of them are fake as hell bandwagonners.

Different strokes for different folks. The Patriots are the most hatable team in the entire NFL, I don't give a crap about the Giants being in our division. I'd give anything to keep from seeing Tom (****ing) Brady holding another Lombardi.

BTW, i'm only picking the Pats as the lesser of two evils.. I hate them as well, and (like NY) i HATE everything Boston sports... eff NY and Boston as far as i care.. But the Giants are in our division, and i'm actually friends with a few Giant fans. I will NEVER hear the end of it if they won. :doh:

BTW, i'm only picking the Pats as the lesser of two evils.. I hate them as well, and (like NY) i HATE everything Boston sports... eff NY and Boston as far as i care.. But the Giants are in our division, and i'm actually friends with a few Giant fans. I will NEVER hear the end of it if they won. :doh:

I hate them both also and yes the Patriots are the lesser of the 2 evils.

And has any Redskin fan in here ever have the fan of another team in another division come up to you and say, "hey bro, nice going with the Giants winning the Super Bowl. You're division rocks. Congratulations on another NFC East win." Really?

Different strokes for different folks. The Patriots are the most hatable team in the entire NFL, I don't give a crap about the Giants being in our division. I'd give anything to keep from seeing Tom (****ing) Brady holding another Lombardi.

Ah but someone like Devin Thomas is better?

Why, because they cheated 5 years ago and have since kept winning without cheating? You guys need to give this cheating thing a rest. EVERY team cheats to try and get an advantage. You just try not to get caught and they got caught. They are still a great team without the cheating. And the cheating was the season before the 18-0 run. Yeah, Brady is a smug SOB and Belichick is an ass, but they both win and back it up. Good thing you weren't around for Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana wining 4 SBs. You would have gone nuts!

Chase didn't badmouth the team after falling asleep in a meeting, not catching passes and not giving 100%

And that bothers you... why? We cut him. So what, he happened to sign with the Giants. If it bothers you that the gunner on their punt team is winning a Super Bowl somethings wrong.

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 12:03 PM ----------

Why, because they cheated 5 years ago and have since kept winning without cheating? You guys need to give this cheating thing a rest. EVERY team cheats to try and get an advantage. You just try not to get caught and they got caught. They are still a great team without the cheating. And the cheating was the season before the 18-0 run. Yeah, Brady is a smug SOB and Belichick is an ass, but they both win and back it up. Good thing you weren't around for Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana wining 4 SBs. You would have gone nuts!

I said nothing about cheating! I live in Massachusetts and DESPISE the Patriots, you don't understand. I'll have to hear about the patriots winning 4 Super Bowls, deal with that word "dynasty" and the annual ass-kissing of Brady and Belichick.

I completely understand where you are coming from. One of the reasons that I dislike a team is because of the way their fans behave when I am at FedEx. This year, neither the Giant fans nor the Patriot Fans were particularly obnoxious. In fact, I did not actually realize how much I wanted the patriots to beat the Ravens until after the game was over. The fans of the Ravens are particularly obnoxious and if they were in the game I would be pulling hard for the Giants.

So I will try to emulate Mike Golic and watch the game for the pure enjoyment of football. And if the game is a bust by 9:00, I will turn to Downton Abbey on PBS:-)

And that bothers you... why? We cut him. So what, he happened to sign with the Giants. If it bothers you that the gunner on their punt team is winning a Super Bowl somethings wrong.

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 12:03 PM ----------

I said nothing about cheating! I live in Massachusetts and DESPISE the Patriots, you don't understand. I'll have to hear about the patriots winning 4 Super Bowls, deal with that word "dynasty" and the annual ass-kissing of Brady and Belichick.

First of all, I don't want the Giants to lose based only on Devin Thomas. He's a mere peon in this discussion and I only brought him up because someone else did. My wanting the Pats to win is because the Giants are our division rivals and nothing more. Thomas is a turd who still sucks at WR.

FYI, the Patriots are already a "Dynasty". They won 3 in 4 years. If you don't want to hear the news, turn off the local stations. I've lived in Dolphins, Titans and now Panthers territory. It's really simple to turn the channel or not read the paper.

there is only one scenario in which i will root for a rival to win the superbowl, and that already happened when the giants beat the pats. ill concede a lombardi to a rival as long as there remains no 19-0 season.

dislike the patriots, mostly because they are a powerhouse and lucked into brady, generally i like to see them lose, but not this year.

Archived