Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for TJ Yates and Draft a Rookie

Hal2856

Arian Foster, probably. :ols:

Exactly. He was the only reason the texans were even in the game against baltimore. Not only that but he sure didn't do anything against Cinci either. I will never understand why someone would want a backup quarterback in another system to be a starter here who hasn't done much of anything. And btw the same thing applied to matt flynn. He may be a good quarterback in a great system. But would you really want to risk trading for him? If he doesn't cost any DRAT picks then sure I guess it's worth a shot but you'd better DRAT a QB as well.

This, plus I watched him play at UNC. He is certainly nothing special.

Brady wasnt either....not comparing at all.....just saying. not to mention that Mike thought Beck was special.....DOH

---------- Post added January-17th-2012 at 10:24 AM ----------

Sometimes Redskins fans really disappoint me.

(Sometimes) Thats less then this team has over the last 2+ decades

Brady wasnt either...

Correction: I was at Michigan and while he was no 4 year starter he was a LOT more special than Chad Henne or any other QB since probably Griese. He had a knack for putting the team on his back in the passing game when they opened it up. He also notched a great win vs. Alabama in the 2000 Orange Bowl.

Correction: I was at Michigan and while he was no 4 year starter he was a LOT more special than Chad Henne or any other QB since probably Griese. He had a knack for putting the team on his back in the passing game when they opened it up. He also notched a great win vs. Alabama in the 2000 Orange Bowl.

More people need to watch "The Brady Six". There's a lot of misconceptions about Brady at Michigan. I think back then, NFL scouts were way too obsessed with athletic ability and physical tools and ignored the intangibles and his level of competition (hence players like Tee Martin and Spergon Wynn being picked before him).

I honestly believe scouts have gotten better at holistically evaluating NFL players, especially QBs, which is another damper for the people who argue that we can still find a Brady in the 6th. I don't think that today, Brady would have fallen out of the first three rounds.

I'd be shocked if Blackmon goes #2. He's not rated by anyone right now as top 5 talent. Top 10? Yes. But he shouldn't be going that high unless someone reaches for need.

He's not really rated as a top 5 talent by most, but Kiper still has him #5 on his big board.

The other thing is that he's the top WR by a wide margin. If you're a top 5 team, do you move back expecting him to be drafted where he should be, or anticipate a team reaching? The safe answer is to expect the reach, and that requires you to reach yourself. We might be surprised on draft day, but I really don't expect him to make it out of the top 5. Last spot I could see him going is 6, if we traded up to 2, and then Minn went Kalil, CLE went Richardson, and Tampa went Claiborne, with St. Louis picking him up there.

Archived