Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for TJ Yates and Draft a Rookie

Hal2856

Also, I would only do the trade for a low round draft pick, like a 4th, 5th or 6th. Maybe it's impossible but he's young and would add competition as opposed to what we have now, he has huge upside.

I'd trade a 6th rounder for him while also drafting RG3. You don't bring in Yates with even an IMPLICATION that he'll eventually get a shot at the starting job, because then you're committed to him and don't find an actual franchise QB.

No, Rex fumbles too much and his interceptions come against bad teams and good ones. Rex is a turnover machine. Yates isn't. Heck, the commentators are saying he played well. It happens. It's the Ravens. Yates is way better than Rex and Beck. Plus younger. I still say draft a QB in the second.

and I'm the one with NNT?

At least he started his thread in the right forum :thumbsup:

I'd trade a 6th rounder for him while also drafting RG3. You don't bring in Yates with even an IMPLICATION that he'll eventually get a shot at the starting job, because then you're committed to him and don't find an actual franchise QB.

Yates' value has undoubtedly gone up since he was taken as a 5th rounder, there's no way the Texans just give him up for anything less than a 3rd and he's not good enough right now to warrant that. Might as well just develop two rookies or sign a FA stopgap.

Agreed. He is young, talented, competition for a guy we draft.

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 01:04 PM ----------

Also, can we stop bagging on the post. Don't respond if you don't like it. But it hasn't been discussed. It's a thought for discussion. That's what this board is for and I don't start threads very often so, sorry if I am offending your more astute mind.

You think the Texans run the exact same playbook as the Redskins?

The Texans' offense is what we want our offense to look like. They have players that make it have a identity. I have a question for you what is Kyle's offense? And do you really think his offense has been fully installed with the players we have had over these two years?

Agreed. He is young, talented, competition for a guy we draft.

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 01:04 PM ----------

Also, can we stop bagging on the post. Don't respond if you don't like it. But it hasn't been discussed. It's a thought for discussion. That's what this board is for and I don't start threads very often so, sorry if I am offending your more astute mind.

Hey, you started the thread, sir. If you start the thread, you have to be ready to deal with the consequences of starting a thread, particular when T.J Yates has been playing in a live game rather poorly.

I'd bet he's better than Rex and Beck already. I'm also saying he could be as good as Flynn who scares me. Scott Mitchell anyone? I'm saying he's a young option who knows the offense (unlike Flynn), who could be had relatively cheap to compete with a rookie we draft high. I am not saying hand him the starting job, but he could be as good as a rookie we draft. Again, an option.

It's interesting we all have such differing thoughts on him. I'm probably in the wrong on him but given his understanding of the offense and our utter lack of talent at QB, it was a thought.

Yates' value has undoubtedly gone up since he was taken as a 5th rounder, there's no way the Texans just give him up for anything less than a 3rd and he's not good enough right now to warrant that. Might as well just develop two rookies or sign a FA stopgap.

Yeah, that was kind of my underlying implication. I wouldn't give up much for him at all. I think he's worth more to the Texans as a good backup than anything they can get draft-pick wise.

Is this thread serious? I'de rather Grossman or Beck. If Grossman was still backup at Houston, they would have clobbered the Ravens. The Ravens are the most overrated team in the AFC. It's a shame because if they can't get a run game going, they suck because Joe Flacco is absolute garbage.

Yeah, that was kind of my underlying implication. I wouldn't give up much for him at all. I think he's worth more to the Texans as a good backup than anything they can get draft-pick wise.

Probably true, but he's worth exploring at least. After all, we NEED a QB, I don't think we can overlook anyone.

I'd bet he's better than Rex and Beck already. I'm also saying he could be as good as Flynn who scares me. Scott Mitchell anyone? I'm saying he's a young option who knows the offense (unlike Flynn), who could be had relatively cheap to compete with a rookie we draft high. I am not saying hand him the starting job, but he could be as good as a rookie we draft. Again, an option.

It's interesting we all have such differing thoughts on him. I'm probably in the wrong on him but given his understanding of the offense and our utter lack of talent at QB, it was a thought.

Better than Beck? Quite possible. Unfortunately, he's less capable of creating plays as a passer than Rex is and has proven to be just as turnover prone when the Texans need to lean on him most. It will probably also take him much longer to develop than Luck or RGIII even with 7 starts under his belt and he likely will never be able to match their physical tools. Even if you compare him to, say, a Ryan Tannehill type it's pretty much a toss-up in terms of time to develop into a starting talent.

Absolutely.

Yeah...trade for the guy who threw 0 TD's and 3 INT's in a game where he wasn't sacked once, because he's got one of the best OL's in football, where his RB ran for 135+ yards, where he has Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels, where he had a D playing lights out. Brilliant.

Probably true, but he's worth exploring at least. After all, we NEED a QB, I don't think we can overlook anyone.

We may not be able to overlook anyone, but that also doesn't mean we have to consider everyone with a pulse. Some guys just aren't that good, but make very good backups. IMO, Yates is one of those guys.

Archived