Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for TJ Yates and Draft a Rookie

Hal2856

I like this better than Matt Flynn. We won't have to spend alot and Yates knows the offense and looks good in it especially for a rookie. Then we could draft a guy in the second and let them battle it out. I'd rather use our first pick on playmaker like Blackmon. Thoughts?

I'm thinking this could be good for competition. Yates is a rookie, we can continue his development and he knows the offense. Plus if we draft competition it will push him. I'm just skeptical of Dlynn and think wasting a first rounder on a QB when we have soooo many holes a guy like Yates for a 5th or 4th rounder could be good.

how_about_no_evil.jpg

So let's just play along....you want to trade for this guy. What would it take to pry him from Houston? He's a rookie making almost nothing, and he's proved he can be a great backup to Schaub if he gets hurt again. So why should they move him for anything less than say....a 2nd and a player? You know, like what it cost the Cards to get Kolb, who actually has less starting experience than Yates?

I'm thinking this could be good for competition. Yates is a rookie, we can continue his development and he knows the offense. Plus if we draft competition it will push him. I'm just skeptical of Dlynn and think wasting a first rounder on a QB when we have soooo many holes a guy like Yates for a 5th or 4th rounder could be good.

As has been covered ad nauseam on this board...getting a star QB will make your perceived "holes" much less apparent. Look at the Pats and Colts OL stats for the years when their QBs were out compared to when they were playing. The defense will be on the field less if we can score and won't always be trying to protect a lead. A good QB makes the rest of the team better. We'll find one in the first round.

I doubt it would cost a second and a player. Maybe a third. He was undrafted I think. We could get him they have Leinart to back-up Shaub.

He was a 5th round pick. But again, why would the Texans want to stick with Leinart and give up on this guy? What incentive would they have to trade him for a 3rd? At least without involving a player like Landry or Orakpo or somebody like that. QBs, even backups, who prove they can play adequate and win are a valuable commodity.

Never mind the fact that Yates has played some pretty atrocious football today.

Yeah, I think the lack of a QB over the last 20 yrs has really warped the minds of 'Skins fans. Anyone under 30 that has completed a pass for another team in the NFL automatically becomes a possibility. lol

It's the same offense. Kubriak was Shanny's coordinator and Lil Shanny was his. Same offense he doesn't have to have played for Kyle.

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 12:57 PM ----------

Interceptions don't make a bad QB. That's the problem we have as Redskins fans. We want perfection. Plus the ravens d is tough. I think Yates has played very well.

Interceptions don't make a bad QB. That's the problem we have as Redskins fans. We want perfection. Plus the ravens d is tough. I think Yates has played very well.

How do you say that with a straight face when we have Grossman as our QB? He's probably lost us a few games all by himself.

Yates' interceptions have come mostly from terrible decision-making and he's damn lucky he didn't throw 5+ today with some of the drops the Ravens D had. Really, this post of yours might as well be a defense of Rex.

Archived