Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the REDSKINS DEPTH CHART for 2012

rblgenius

To have some fun before FA starts.. predict the depth chart next year stating 1. Your FA's signed and 2. Your Draft choices

Transactions:

- Resign Fletcher, Carriker (I hope he comes back), Hightower, Grossman, Landry (incentives laden), Fred Davis (no drug clause),

- Sign Robert Meachem WR, Ben Grubbs G, Brandon Carr CB, Journeyman ILB for backup competition, Journeyman DE for competition

- Draft 1st rd QB RG3, [2nd is traded], 3rd rd G/OT, 4th rd ILB, [other 4th is traded], 5th rd CB, 5th rd DE, 6th rd FS/SS, 7th rd G/OT

OFFENSE:

QB: RG3/Grossman/Anyone not named beck

HB: Hightower/Helu/Royster

FB: Young

WR: Meachem/Hankerson/Moss/Gaffney/Paul/ Competition between Stallworth/Banks/TA/Robinson

LT: Williams/Smith

LG: Grubbs/Hurt

C: Mont/Lichensteiger

RG: Chester/7th rd pick/Hurt/Lichensteiger <---- all competing

RT: 2nd rd Draft Pick/Brown/Polumbus/Smith <---- all competing

TE: Davis/Cooley/Paulsen

DEFENSE:

DE: Bowen/Jenkins/Carriker/Worthington/ (5th rd pick/Scott/journeyman all competing for spot)

NT: Cofield/Neild

OLB: Orakpo/Kerrigan/Jackson/White/Alexander

ILB: Fletcher/Riley/Fox/4th rd ILB/journeyman ILB signing

CB: Carr/Wilson/Barnes/Thompson/5th rd CB

SS: Landry/Doughty or 6th rd SS/FS pick

FS: Atogwe/Gomes

What do you think?

I think Lichtensteiger would start ahead of Monty at Center. Isn't it just a touch to early for this?

He is coming off his ACL surgery nobody knows he's gonna play. He will be cheap cheap signing though for at best competition for Mont at center. I'd imagine he'll end up as quality depth.

And yeah it's early but nothing else to do until March comes around and FA bidding starts

You still have Doughty on the team so I disagree. Need more CB depth too. Barnes and Thompson as our #3 and #4 CBs worries me.

I like the Meachem signing, but need a younger WR there as well. It seems everyone just assumes that Hankerson is going to come back 100%.

Don't trade picks either. That "journeyman ILB" and "journeyman DE" could be legitimate picks, or used on more pressing needs like OL.

Transactions FA: Sign Matt Flynn, Sign Brandon Carr, Sign Benn Grubbs, Sign Ted Ginn

Transacions Skins FAs: Resign Fletcher, Resign Landry, Resign Davis, resign grossman,a nd resign Lighty

Release: hall, Brown, and cooley (than resign him cheaper)

Draft: Trade 6 to 14-17 while picking up a 2nd and a 4th. Trade 2 4th for another 3rd

Round 1: Alshon Jeffery WR

Round 2: Mike Adams OT

Round 2: Dontari Poe NT

Round 3: Brandon Boykin CB

Round 3: Audie Cole ILB

Round 4: Antonio Allen SS

Then: BPA

QB: Flynn/Grossman/Crompton

RB: Hightower/Helu/Royster

WRs: Jeffery/Hankerson/Moss/Gaffney/Ginn/ (Stallworth/Banks/Armstrong/Austin/Paul/Robinson for the last spot)

TEs: Cooley/Davis/Pauleson

OTs: Williams/Adams/Smith/Polumbus

OGs: Grubbs/Chester/Lighty/Hurt

Cs: Monty/Draft pick/Lighty

DEs: Bowen/Coffied/Jenkins (Coffield moving in and out)

NTs: Poe/Nield/Coffield

OLBSs: Orakpo/Kerrigan/Jackson/White/Alexander

ILBs: Fletcher/Riley/Cole/Fox

CBs: Carr/Wilson/Boykin/Barnes/Thompson/Westbrook

SS: Landry/Allen

FS: Atogwe/Gomes

Playoff Team?

You still have Doughty on the team so I disagree. Need more CB depth too. Barnes and Thompson as our #3 and #4 CBs worries me.

I like the Meachem signing, but need a younger WR there as well. It seems everyone just assumes that Hankerson is going to come back 100%.

Don't trade picks either. That "journeyman ILB" and "journeyman DE" could be legitimate picks, or used on more pressing needs like OL.

Well we have 2 options for the CB problem:

1. Keep Hall and somehow restructure his salary so its not as cap heavy (he's due a good chunk next year)

Then we have: Carr/Wilson/Hall/Barnes/ (competition between drafted 5th rounder/Thompson/etc) I think that'll instantly upgrade our CB core

2. Cut Hall and sign Carr to a big contract and draft a higher round prospect for the slot

We have young WR's ... Niles Paul ... Hankerson ... TA ... Robinson ... all within 2 years of being in the league. Somebody needs to step up next year. We only really need one #1 WR in FA or draft.

WR's aren't as important as the guy throwing them the ball. I'm not ready to trust Matt Flynn with a full 16 game season when he's only played 2 games and was a 7th round pick with lacking skill set.

With regards to doughty, I agree I don't want him back but thats why I put we draft a SS/FS hybrid like Gomes was last year and have him as competition for the backup SS spot. Or we could draft a solid prospect like Antonio Allen in the 4th/5th ... I'm convinced Landry will be back and hopefully healed.

I don't get the Flynn thing. He was a 7th round pick, not particularly skilled in any area, and has started 2 games in the NFL. Granted he had the big game in a meaningless situation, but I'm not ready to buy that he's ready to be a starter--much less a starter on a "playoff" team.

I don't get the Flynn thing. He was a 7th round pick, not particularly skilled in any area, and has started 2 games in the NFL. Granted he had the big game in a meaningless situation, but I'm not ready to buy that he's ready to be a starter--much less a starter on a "playoff" team.

That doesn't mean anything, Brady was a 6th, was warner even drafted. Doesn't mean Flynn is them, in fact it doesn't mean anything to his NFL success. I think he is good, very much like Matt schuab

That doesn't mean anything, Brady was a 6th, was warner even drafted. Doesn't mean Flynn is them, in fact it doesn't mean anything to his NFL success. I think he is good, very much like Matt schuab

The man hasn't made a single impressive NFL throw in the two games I watched tape on him with. His receivers are always SO open. It really shows that Aaron Rodgers, with the WR's we have and the line we have, would not be as good as he was with the Packers if he played for us.

Amen! I don't get all the hype about him.

Matt Flynn will be some teams Cassel or Kobe. I pray it is not the Skins. Trade up and get RG3 is the only option I prefer.

I think if the Redskins sign Flynn, this time next year, the some people who wanted him will be calling for Shanny's head.

Well, I'll use my predictions, combined by my Psychic African Grey. (seen in link and players)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?361207-Dan-Graziano-%28ESPN%29-article-with-excerpts-from-Shanahan-interview&p=8781614#post8781614

Color coded graph for easy read

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Players on roster

Free Agent Signings from other teams

2012 Draft picks players

Washington Redskins 2012 Depth Chart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2012 Draft picks: #1 pick, 2nd rd, 4th rd/Raiders, 5th rd, 7th rd after trade.

QB's (Have a feeling we go all in, guys)

#1)Andrew Luck/Stanford (Redskins trade #6 pick in 2012, 3rd rd pick in 2012, 4th rd pick in 2012, 1st rd pick in 2013, 5th rd pick in 2013, 6th rd pick in 2013, 2nd rd pick in 2014 & SS LaRon Landry/Franchise Tagged)

#2)Rex Grossman

RB's

#1)Roy Helu

#2)Tim Hightower (re-signed)

#3)Evan Royster

#4)Marc Tyler, RB, USC

Height: 5-11. Weight: 230.

Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Projected Round (2012): 5-6.

(Shanahan drafts his usual RB in late rounds and gets another high value, but character risk pick here. Redskins use their 5th rd pick on this guy)

FB's

#1)Darrel Young

(But rookie Marc Tyler will be able to take a little role here, with his very good size)

WR's

#1)DeWayne Bowe (see my psychic bird link)

#2)Jabbar Gaffney

#3)Santana Moss

#4)Leonard Hankerson

#5)Terrence Austin

#6)Niles Paul

#7)Brandon Banks

(we currently have 8 on the roster now...)

TE's

#1)Fred Davis (re-signed to friendly deal)

#2)Chris Cooley

#3)Logan Paulsen

OL

OT Trent Williams

OT Jamal Brown

OT Willie Smith

OT Tyler Polumbus

OG Kory Lichtensteiger (restricted and re-signed)

OG Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

Height: 6-4. Weight: 312.

Projected 40 Time: 5.21.

Projected Round (2012): 2.

(Redskins will use their 2nd rd pick or #39th pick, to draft a stud, but mobile guard to pair up with Lichtensteiger. This guard paved the way for Montee Ball and owned both Penn State's Devon Still & Jerel Worthy in the Big Ten Championship Game. He will be a nice fit at Right Guard)

OG Maurice Hurt

OG Chris Chester

OC Will Montgomery

OC Nick Hardwick (see my psychic bird link)

DL

NT Barry Cofield

NT Chris Neild

Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU

Height: 6-1. Weight: 331.

Projected 40 Time: 5.30.

Projected Round (2012): 5-6.

(Redskins get a good deal here. Fangupo falls to the 7th rd and the Redskins scoop up this nice project from BYU. He has recorded 23 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss, but he could be a possible contributor in our continuous development of a young team)

DE Stephen Bowen

DE Jarvis Jenkins

DE/LB Mario Williams (see my psychic bird link....But Williams will be a rotational player at DE and OLB. He has the size for both with a 6'6" 283 lb frame he will be able to replace an Adam Carriker & OLB Rob Jackson who will be gone as well for both roles)

DE Kentwan Balmer

DE/NT Doug Worthington (will be kept, cause he can rotate at NT, as well)

LB's

Brian Orakpo

Ryan Kerrigan

OLB/ILB Lorenzo Alexander

Markus White

(and a Mario Williams who can fill this role if needed)

London Fletcher

Perry Riley

Keyaron Fox

(Lorenzo Alexander can fill this role when needed)

CB's

DeAngelo Hall

Josh Wilson

Kevin Barnes

Brandyn Thompson

??Maybe Phillip Buchanon??)

FS's

Oshiomogho Atogwe

Brandon Meriweather (He will be signed to add depth to a secondary that needs it. With few draft picks now and Landry traded and Doughty gone, the redskins get a viable backup here with a chance to redeem his career)

SS's

DeJon Gomes (Looks like he takes over for Landry)

Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky

Height: 6-1. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

(The Redskins use their 4th rounder from the raiders, to select an open SS slot now that Landry has been traded to the Colts. He is very good in the box and delivers jarring hits much like Landry did. This year, he had 120 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble)

Kicker=Gano, restricted but signed)

Punter=Rocca

LS=Nick Sundberg

I would love to see Andrew Luck in the B&G but I think we'll give too much up for him. I don't see us signing Williams + Bowe... I know we have a lot of cap room but there is really no need for a Williams type player when we have bookends at OLB. I would like to see a solid signing at CB. If we lose Landry, I think we draft a SS.

Color coded graph for easy read

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Players on roster

Free Agent Signings from other teams

2012 Draft picks players

I suddenly have a massive craving for McDonalds.

ronald-mcdonald-del0311-lg.jpg

I think Royster's going to be our starting RB. He's a natural.

~BAng

I agree... I just told my buddy (Cryboy fan) a couple of days ago I thought he could end up being the starter before long.

I really hope that if we do get a FA QB (Flynn, Manning etc), we draft a QB anyway. I personally don't want a FA coming in but I'm not running the show =).

that is not true

Instead of just saying "that is not true" how about you point out a few throws that he's made that impressed you. You know, since you seem to be one of those people that are so taken by him.

Here's my issue with Flynn. There is barely any NFL game footage to go by when it comes to scouting him. You're going to shell out a big chunk of change for a guy that you don't know a lot about. This is Kevin Kolb all over again, but with much less to go off of. Hell, at least Cassel played a full season before KC went after him. Flynn has TWO games under his belt, one of which was against a putrid Lions secondary. I'm not sold one bit on the guy and I'd much rather trade up for RGIII.

He is coming off his ACL surgery nobody knows he's gonna play. He will be cheap cheap signing though for at best competition for Mont at center. I'd imagine he'll end up as quality depth.

And yeah it's early but nothing else to do until March comes around and FA bidding starts

I don't think we'll sign him back if he can't play. If he can play, he's a better Center than Will. Now, Will isn't bad, but he wasn't the 2nd rated Center coming out of college when he was drafted like Steiger. JMO.

Archived