Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the REDSKINS DEPTH CHART for 2012

rblgenius

I don't think we'll sign him back if he can't play. If he can play, he's a better Center than Will. Now, Will isn't bad, but he wasn't the 2nd rated Center coming out of college when he was drafted like Steiger. JMO.

Oh for sure but we will sign him sometime march or april... he tore his ACL in what end of September beginning of October? Thats 5 months for him to recover. An ACL tear is tricky business though -- my dad tore ACL in both his knees and never regain much functionality. Then again ACL surgery has come a long way since then.

Well, I'll use my predictions, combined by my Psychic African Grey. (seen in link and players)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?361207-Dan-Graziano-%28ESPN%29-article-with-excerpts-from-Shanahan-interview&p=8781614#post8781614

Color coded graph for easy read

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Players on roster

Free Agent Signings from other teams

2012 Draft picks players

Washington Redskins 2012 Depth Chart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2012 Draft picks: #1 pick, 2nd rd, 4th rd/Raiders, 5th rd, 7th rd after trade.

QB's (Have a feeling we go all in, guys)

#1)Andrew Luck/Stanford (Redskins trade #6 pick in 2012, 3rd rd pick in 2012, 4th rd pick in 2012, 1st rd pick in 2013, 5th rd pick in 2013, 6th rd pick in 2013, 2nd rd pick in 2014 & SS LaRon Landry/Franchise Tagged)

#2)Rex Grossman

RB's

#1)Roy Helu

#2)Tim Hightower (re-signed)

#3)Evan Royster

#4)Marc Tyler, RB, USC

Height: 5-11. Weight: 230.

Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Projected Round (2012): 5-6.

(Shanahan drafts his usual RB in late rounds and gets another high value, but character risk pick here. Redskins use their 5th rd pick on this guy)

FB's

#1)Darrel Young

(But rookie Marc Tyler will be able to take a little role here, with his very good size)

WR's

#1)DeWayne Bowe (see my psychic bird link)

#2)Jabbar Gaffney

#3)Santana Moss

#4)Leonard Hankerson

#5)Terrence Austin

#6)Niles Paul

#7)Brandon Banks

(we currently have 8 on the roster now...)

TE's

#1)Fred Davis (re-signed to friendly deal)

#2)Chris Cooley

#3)Logan Paulsen

OL

OT Trent Williams

OT Jamal Brown

OT Willie Smith

OT Tyler Polumbus

OG Kory Lichtensteiger (restricted and re-signed)

OG Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

Height: 6-4. Weight: 312.

Projected 40 Time: 5.21.

Projected Round (2012): 2.

(Redskins will use their 2nd rd pick or #39th pick, to draft a stud, but mobile guard to pair up with Lichtensteiger. This guard paved the way for Montee Ball and owned both Penn State's Devon Still & Jerel Worthy in the Big Ten Championship Game. He will be a nice fit at Right Guard)

OG Maurice Hurt

OG Chris Chester

OC Will Montgomery

OC Nick Hardwick (see my psychic bird link)

DL

NT Barry Cofield

NT Chris Neild

Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU

Height: 6-1. Weight: 331.

Projected 40 Time: 5.30.

Projected Round (2012): 5-6.

(Redskins get a good deal here. Fangupo falls to the 7th rd and the Redskins scoop up this nice project from BYU. He has recorded 23 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss, but he could be a possible contributor in our continuous development of a young team)

DE Stephen Bowen

DE Jarvis Jenkins

DE/LB Mario Williams (see my psychic bird link....But Williams will be a rotational player at DE and OLB. He has the size for both with a 6'6" 283 lb frame he will be able to replace an Adam Carriker & OLB Rob Jackson who will be gone as well for both roles)

DE Kentwan Balmer

DE/NT Doug Worthington (will be kept, cause he can rotate at NT, as well)

LB's

Brian Orakpo

Ryan Kerrigan

OLB/ILB Lorenzo Alexander

Markus White

(and a Mario Williams who can fill this role if needed)

London Fletcher

Perry Riley

Keyaron Fox

(Lorenzo Alexander can fill this role when needed)

CB's

DeAngelo Hall

Josh Wilson

Kevin Barnes

Brandyn Thompson

??Maybe Phillip Buchanon??)

FS's

Oshiomogho Atogwe

Brandon Meriweather (He will be signed to add depth to a secondary that needs it. With few draft picks now and Landry traded and Doughty gone, the redskins get a viable backup here with a chance to redeem his career)

SS's

DeJon Gomes (Looks like he takes over for Landry)

Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky

Height: 6-1. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

(The Redskins use their 4th rounder from the raiders, to select an open SS slot now that Landry has been traded to the Colts. He is very good in the box and delivers jarring hits much like Landry did. This year, he had 120 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble)

Kicker=Gano, restricted but signed)

Punter=Rocca

LS=Nick Sundberg

This is excellent but would make a few changes. I would resign Carriker instead of Mario Williams, who will be too expensive and unnecessary. I would not sign Bowe because he too is expensive and unnecessary. I would also like to see Audie Cole and Danny Coale picked up late in the draft.

This is excellent but would make a few changes. I would resign Carriker instead of Mario Williams, who will be too expensive and unnecessary. I would not sign Bowe because he too is expensive and unnecessary. I would also like to see Audie Cole and Danny Coale picked up late in the draft.

Yeah Carriker will be a lot cheaper than Williams. I think Carriker will stay if we pay him $3 mil or so a year. Equivalent to Bowen paying.

The WR situation still scares me. I don't see significant improvement. I like Hankerson, but is he a #1 or game breaker, which is what we need desperately. Too early to say, I guess, but that's a big gamble. If the likely top 3 are still Moss, Gaffney, and Hank, there's not a lot of room left. They carried 6-7 for much of the year, but only 1 actually did anything of note. So you're filling it out with a bunch of unproven or mediocre guys that haven't done or shown a whole lot in the passing game hoping and wishing they step up.

---------- Post added January-6th-2012 at 08:29 AM ----------

I think he and Hightower will get a bulk of the carries and Helu will be the utility weapon

That'd actually be a shame, cuz Helu was more effective than Hightower was when he was in there. Helu's showed better than to be relegated to spot duty, if Hightower and Royster are getting the bulk of the carries. And how did Royster just definitively leapfrog Helu outright? If anything, Royster and Helu need to share duties and Hightower should be the 3rd RB. Royster can be the 1st and 2nd down back and Helu can be the 3rd down back.

I'm just wary of anointing Royster so quickly cuz people went into last offseason thinking Torain was hot stuff and he's not even on the team anymore.

Archived