Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mysanantonio.com: Eli again does what Romo may never do

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Eli-againdoes-whatRomo-maynever-do-2436441.php

trem.jpg

"You guys suck...you know that, right?"

The next few days won't be easy for Tony Romo sits to pee. For one, his swollen right hand will inhibit his golf swing.

He will have trouble getting a grip on this season, too, as well as his career. The years keep passing, and he's seen others rise to capture their Super Bowl. Eli Manning, with a critical fourth-quarter throw Sunday night, re-created his 2008 magic.

Now, Romo sits to pee has to wonder. Last year, a broken collarbone stopped Romo sits to pee from finishing in uniform, and before that, he had the feeling that time was on his side.

Starting this offseason, however, that changes.

Make no mistake, Romo sits to pee and his teammates earned everything they got, such as an 8-8 record and a winter of tee times. They played the finale as they did so much of the season, with a careless mix of confusion and passivity. The only consolation, this time, is that they didn't blow a lead.

Terence Newman made sure there wouldn't be a lead. When he wasn't playing like the horizontal bar for a high jumper — the Giants twice leapt over him — he turned a simple out pattern to Victor Cruz into a game-breaking touchdown.

When the Giants' lead reached 21-0, no one would have been surprised if Jerry Jones had gone to the sidelines to instruct Jason Garrett. Why not rest his players for September?

As for Rob Ryan: Manning threw for 400 yards last month against the Cowboys, and Ryan figured out how to slow him down. Eli had only 199 at halftime.

[...]Given the makeup of his team, it's unlikely Romo sits to pee could have ever made the run to a title as Manning did in the 2007 season. Still, it was an opportunity to take a first step, and Romo sits to pee is running out of opportunities.

Romo sits to pee will be 32 years old by the time next season begins. Only three quarterbacks in the salary-cap era have won Super Bowls at that age or older (Brad Johnson, John Elway and Steve Young).

As for Rob Ryan: Manning threw for 400 yards last month against the Cowboys, and Ryan figured out how to slow him down. Eli had only 199 at halftime.

And only 346 on the game.

Keep Rob Ryan, Jerruh, he shows improvement! :thumbsup: :ols:

At this rate, he'll slow Eli in 2016

It's sad, Romo sits to pee had a great season recording the high QB rating of any QB to not make the playoffs. Unfortunately Dallas has only 4 or so defensive players who are any good on the defensive side of the ball.

and with Jerruh deciding to not change anything in the front office, you can look forward to more of the same :)

It's sad, Romo sits to pee had a great season recording the high QB rating of any QB to not make the playoffs. Unfortunately Dallas has only 4 or so defensive players who are any good on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd go with 2. Ware and Lee. Ratliff is a bit overrated and the rest a what you find at the bottom of Port O' Potties.

I'd go with 2. Ware and Lee. Ratliff is a bit overrated and the rest a what you find at the bottom of Port O' Potties.

Ware is cementing his place as an all time great, Lee is very good. Ratliff is overrated but still above average, the 4th is Jenkins who very quietly had a nice season.

I mentioned to a cowboy fan who's now a family member (and new in my life) the other day that Eli is looking/acting a bit different lately---more macho, scruffier "beard", looking taller, has a little swagger, voice seems to have dropped half an octave...I said I wonder if puberty finally hit him and this peaking is part of that process. :)

I mentioned to a cowboy fan who's now a family member (and new in my life) the other day that Eli is looking/acting a bit different lately---more macho, scruffier "beard", looking taller, has a little swagger, voice seems to have dropped half an octave...I said I wonder if puberty finally hit him and this peaking is part of that process. :)

(In Mike Gundy's voice) Eli's a man! He's 31!

Another thing to take into consideration about the other nights game, is look how Eli's supporting cast stepped their game up. Jacobs always steps up, Cruz was outstanding, the defense played well, Osi and JPP dominated the line. Impressive win for Eli and the Giants. Looked damn good all around.

That is something Dallas NEVER does.

(In Mike Gundy's voice) Eli's a man! He's 31!

Another thing to take into consideration about the other nights game, is look how Eli's supporting cast stepped their game up. Jacobs always steps up, Cruz was outstanding, the defense played well, Osi and JPP dominated the line. Impressive win for Eli and the Giants. Looked damn good all around.

That is something Dallas NEVER does.

Yep, you got it right ;)

I think it's because for the first time in his career he's not playing in his big brother's shadow.

Archived