Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

List of 2012 Opponents. Your thoughts?

RonYoungEra

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/redskins-talk/post/Wait-till-next-year-Redskins-opponents-f?blockID=618846&feedID=6355

The Redskins' 33-26 loss to the Vikings clinched last place in the NFC East for Washington, so we now know what teams they will play in 2012.

Fourteen of the 16 games were predetermined. They will play home and home against their three division foes, the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants. The Redskins also will play the four teams from the NFC South and the four in the AFC North. They will also play the last-place teams in the NFC North and West divisions.

The dates for the games are usually set sometime in April.

2012 home games

NFC East

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

NFC South

Falcons

Panthers

AFC North

Ravens

Bengals

4th place NFC North

Vikings

2012 road games

NFC East

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

NFC South

Saints

Buccaneers

AFC North

Browns

Steelers

4th place NFC West

Rams

HTTR!

I try to break the games down by division:

NFC East (6): since nobody emerged as a powerhouse in the division I default to a 3-3 split. However, next year will probably be the one where a team does emerge as head and shoulders above the pack (maybe Philly gets to mojo back).

NFC South (4): at the Saints is a loss. Get a break by playing Atlanta here....still don't think they're a good road team. Actually might be more afraid of Cam Newton coming to town. Who knows what Tampa will bring. Lets say 2-2 as well.

AFC North (4): at Pitt is a loss. Baltimore has been very inconsistent on the road, and I'm not sure how Cincy does away from the Queen City. Cleveland, well............is Cleveland. 2-2.

Last place NFC (2): Vikings just beat us.....Rams still look a mess. Split.

So I think 8-8. And then remember this season will likely be one with either fully a young QB or one where we transition from Interceptus Rex to said young QB at some juncture. And then remember we've gone 2-6 at home the past two seasons......man, is that a home-field advantage or what? Stick with 8-8......but as a ceiling. Probably 7-9.

And of course the order of which the schedule happens can play a role. If the league somehow decides to, say, put our games against the Steelers and Saints early in the slate and include a home game against a divisional opponent like the Eagles, we can find oursleves behind the 8-ball pretty quicky.

Loser games are the parity games. Like Minnesota and St Louis next year, Minnesota and Carolina this year and St Louis and Tampa last year. Last 2 years we've had loser games and have gone 0-4 in them!

ah, so basically games that we should win, but havent? like for example we should have beaten minnesota and carolina this year? although we did beat the rams this year, which was kinda a parity game

ah, so basically games that we should win, but havent? like for example we should have beaten minnesota and carolina this year? although we did beat the rams this year, which was kinda a parity game

Sort of but the parity games are the games you get because of how you finished the previous season and there are two of them. Th Rams game was because we played the NFC-West, like Tampa next season is because we play the NFC-South. Basically, I'm POed because now we've played the 4th place schedule 3 years in a row and at least splitting them would have been a good sign that we are on the right track.

Sort of but the parity games are the games you get because of how you finished the previous season and there are two of them. Th Rams game was because we played the NFC-West, like Tampa next season is because we play the NFC-South. Basically, I'm POed because now we've played the 4th place schedule 3 years in a row and at least splitting them would have been a good sign that we are on the right track.

but even if we had finished in 2nd place last year, we still would have played the rams this season anyway, right?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it. so we played all 4 teams in the nfc west this season (obviously, seahawks, rams, 49ers and cardinals), and the 4th place team from the NFC North and South divisions. so next season we will play 4 teams from a certain division and then the 4th place team from 2 other divisions (just happens to be the bucs and rams, AKA NFC South and NFC West).

but even if we had finished in 2nd place last year, we still would have played the rams this season anyway, right?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it. so we played all 4 teams in the nfc west this season (obviously, seahawks, rams, 49ers and cardinals), and the 4th place team from the NFC North and South divisions. so next season we will play 4 teams from a certain division and then the 4th place team from 2 other divisions (just happens to be the bucs and rams, AKA NFC South and NFC West).

The 4 teams we play are from the NFC-South and our loser games are against the North (Minnesota) and the West (St Louis). Although,I think this is the last year of that scheduling method (been the method since 2004 if I recall). From 1996 to 2003, I think those were the years, all but the 8 division games (for us) were supposed to be parity games.

---------- Post added December-25th-2011 at 06:22 PM ----------

The 4 teams we play are from the NFC-South and our loser games are against the North (Minnesota) and the West (St Louis). Although,I think this is the last year of that scheduling method (been the method since 2004 if I recall). From 1996 to 2003, I think those were the years, all but the 8 division games (for us) were supposed to be parity games.

A lot of how we perform in the NFC East will depend on how we perform next April..i will investigate the other teams and let ya all know how i think we will do but i do expect to sweep the boys and giants again so i guess that means we go 5 - 1 in the east which would be excellent

Archived