Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins will announce new inductee to Ring of Fame

Daaskins

Dan Snyder

This would be awesome! Can you imagine a big buildup, all the pomp and circumstance, the music and balloons, the crowd buzzing over Samuels or Bugel, and then Snyder struts out and awards it to himself, makes a big production of pointing up to the large sheet draped over the upper deck, which then drops to reveal Daniel M. Snyder in big letters. That would be a page straight out of the old "Mr. McMahon" days from back when I used to watch WWE.

While I agree that the likely candidate is Samuels I disagree that he is the only worthy canidate. As others have said Joe Bugle is very very much more deserving. Also I do not see how you can have Samuels in there and not have Jim Lachey. I will grant you that Samuels was on the team longer than Lachey but IMHO Lachey was a borderline Hall of Fame player. Samuels is not. There are a few members of the ring of fame who I kind of shake my head over (Ken Harvey comes to mind). Yeah Lachey did not play with the Skins for very long but neither did Harvey. If that was determining factor (length of time with the team) then you could not have inducted Harvey. While Samuels is probably the most worthy player over the last 10 years or so that is not the same as being one of the best 44 players of all time. Take a look at the list http://www.redskins.com/team/history/ring-of-fame.html is Samuels on the same level as Jacoby, and Grimm? Not even close to my way of thinking. To me Samuels is more like Jeff Bostic . . . a very very good player but just not quite good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the best players in the history of the franchise. So yeah I agree knowing the ego of little Napoleon it will be Samuels. But there are at least two people more deserving (Lachey and Bugle).

Also several news organizations are reporting that the announcement will be made at 12:45.

This would be awesome! Can you imagine a big buildup, all the pomp and circumstance, the music and balloons, the crowd buzzing over Samuels or Bugel, and then Snyder struts out and awards it to himself, makes a big production of pointing up to the large sheet draped over the upper deck, which then drops to reveal Daniel M. Snyder in big letters. That would be a page straight out of the old "Mr. McMahon" days from back when I used to watch WWE.

vlcsnap9532453.png

IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG

For anyone who is curious and lazy. Those already in are:

George Allen

Cliff Battles

Sammy Baugh

Gene Brito

Larry Brown

Dave Butz

Gary Clark

Jack Kent Cooke

Wayne Curry

Bill Dudley

Pat Fischer

Joe Gibbs

Darrell Green

Russ Grimm

Chris Hanburger

Ken Harvey

Len Hauss

Phil Hochberg

Ken Houston

Sam Huff

Joe Jacoby

Dick James

Sonny Jurgensen

Charlie Justice

Billy Kilmer

Eddie LeBaron

Vince Lombardi

Dexter Manley

Charles Mann

George Preston Marshall

Wayne Millner

Bobby Mitchell

Art Monk

Mark Moseley

Brig Owens

Vince Promuto

John Riggins

Jerry Smith

Charley Taylor

Joe Theismann

Lamar "Bubba" Tyer

Doug Williams

Sean Taylor

I'd say Joe Bugel is certainly deserving to be on that list.

Why is Jim Lachey NOT on this list? Washington Redskins (1988-1995)

Or Ricky Sanders? The missing Posse on the list...

These 2 are on the 70 greatest,though

London Fletcher will be on both these lists someday imo....

If I had to guess who will be in the Ring of Honor though...?

I'll say Clinton Portis

He was our whole Offense for many years and 2nd All-time to Riggins as our franchise Rusher.

Could it be Portis, guys?

The Sports Fix (Sheehan/Loverro) think it should be Pettibone.

I agree. If we are talking coordinators/coaches, it has to be Ritchie!

But I think it'll be Chris Samuels.

Either way, it's a way to drum up some excitement for the game for those of us who still go out to the games. I'm all for it!

---------- Post added December-15th-2011 at 01:07 PM ----------

And a fully deserving, overdue honor it is too.

A great servant, fantastic DC, and one of Coach' most trusted lieutenants. Congrats.

Hail.

lol, AWESOME!

Is B-Mitch the most recent Redskin (other than Sean Taylor) to go into the Ring of Fame?)

Archived