Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports.com: Happy now, Rogers rips Redskins

flexxskins

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-cornerback-carlos-rogers-rips-former-team-washington-redskins-111711?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers should be one of the NFL’s hottest free agents during the offseason.

But based upon his comments during a Wednesday night interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio, there is one franchise Rogers would have little interest in joining: The Washington Redskins.

Like most other players the Redskins have drafted since Dan Snyder became team owner in 1999, Rogers left when his rookie contract expired. Rogers said he didn’t expect to re-sign with the Redskins based upon that history.

Rogers said Washington’s tendency to spend on free-agent players rather than keep the ones they selected has prevented the Redskins from enjoying success. Washington (3-6) is headed toward its fourth consecutive fourth-place NFC East finish.

“They brought in so many guys and gave them all the money and lifted them up and let guys go that they drafted and had been there,” Rogers told me and co-host Gil Brandt. “I really wasn’t finding them building a team that way. Of course, you’re going to need free agents and some spots you need to fill. But you need to take care of your guys. Take care of home and not let them go. That’s how you build.”

Rogers also pointed to the outside distractions that were a frequent occurrence throughout most of his time with the Redskins as well as the short leash some of the coaches kept on players.

“There’s so much drama, so much outside stuff,” Rogers said. “You give up a play, you give up a touchdown, you’ve got to worry about whether you’re starting this week or if it’s the next corner up. It’s things like that.

“Coaches don’t realize that distracts a lot of players. All the outside stuff resonates. It’s just football. Just play football and have fun and you’ll get a lot of things accomplished. That’s what I like about this organization.”

First-year head coach Jim Harbaugh’s straight-forward approach has resonated with Rogers and the rest of the surprising 49ers (8-1). Rogers recently told 49ers media that he would like to sign a contract extension in San Francisco. The 49ers have several key veterans whose deals are expiring after this season, including quarterback Alex Smith, returner/receiver Ted Ginn Jr. and outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

“I made a good choice in coming here,” said Rogers, who knew 49ers general manager Trent Baalke from when both were with the Redskins. “I was playing into a (defensive) system that I played in last year. It was an easy transition. Things have just been working out for me individually and the success of this team.”

It would seem that Carlos' hands are happy now.:ols:

All jokes aside, he is doing well.

what carlos fails to realize is that, while he may have a point, if he had dedicated himself and played the way he did in 2008, while holding onto the ball and had a better attitude we would have been more than happy to pay him. the problem is is that he was very transparent about his desire just to get paid. he could have cared less about anyone or anything about the team.

even if he is having a great season im glad he isnt on this team anymore.

Here is my take on Carlos:

If you have to make excuses for your less than adequate play, then you are just compensating for your own short comings. You can blame all you want but when it ultimately comes to execution, you have to do it. Drama or not, when the ball is in the air, it needs to be caught or defended. If you give up a TD and are worried about being benched, then perhaps you deserve to be benched.

The ***** sounds like he's saying "If the Redskins paid me the big bucks, I'd be ballin' like this". Well, this ***** is making 4 million for one ****ing year. Also, the ***** doesn't realize that he's finally doing the ****ing thing that he did not do while he was here: catching those goddamn picks. So, all we had to do to "unleash" him is give him a 1 year contract for 4 million? That's it?

All this = [Carlos Pockets Not Straight]. The 49ers did not invest in carlos. They simply added a good defender at a modest rate. Compare their love for Los to what they showed Nate Clements. I rest my case. Carlos is playing for a hughe pay-day. Once he has that, who knows what you'll get. That's what dan Snyder and Co. were faced with. We already saw 6 years of inconsistency, you don't need more to help you make a decision to not back up a Brinks truck for Carlos. I definitely think he's worlds better than Josh Wilson, but everybody can't make mega money on a sound football team. Bottom line!

As soon as he said this offseason that he thought he could get the kind of money Revis or Nnamdi commanded, I knew he was done here.

Needs contacts for years, but the only time he gets them is in a contract year in a big pay day. And him? Talking about drama? Who was the first guy to mouth off about whatever the hell reporters asked him about? 'Los. Who was one of the guys on this team who was regularly out at the club? Los.

**** that guy.

Carlos sounds right about how the skins have operated.

As far as him personally though.... We gave him millions to play, to work hard, and he practically admits to giving up on plays..... and somehow we're to blame for Carlos refusing to get his eyes checked?

Carlos is the second piece of crap in line that owes us money back, after only Haynesworth.

I swear, this thread got shut down yesterday...
Really? That's what you came in here to say? That's your contribution to the discussion?:doh:
Here is my take on Carlos:

If you have to make excuses for your less than adequate play, then you are just compensating for your own short comings. You can blame all you want but when it ultimately comes to execution, you have to do it. Drama or not, when the ball is in the air, it needs to be caught or defended. If you give up a TD and are worried about being benched, then perhaps you deserve to be benched.

Fair enough. Here's my take.

Players respond differently to different ways of coaching. Those players in San Fran had a different coach last year and did not play well. Many of those very same players are straight ballin now with new leadership.

Things affect different people in different ways. Obviously something was bothing Rogers here. Why is it so hard to believe it was what he's saying it was? Because Rogers is one of those players in San Fran who is straight ballin right now.

Players respond differently to different ways of coaching. Those players in San Fran had a different coach last year and did not play well. Many of those very same players are straight ballin now with new leadership.

Things affect different people in different ways. Obviously something was bothing Rogers here. Why is it so hard to believe it was what he's saying it was? Because Rogers is one of those players in San Fran who is straight ballin right now.

People do respond differently to different coaching, but you would think that Rogers would have responded to 1 of his 3 DCs while he was here. But no, he was essentially the same through out the entire tenure.

Really? That's what you came in here to say? That's your contribution to the discussion?:doh:

Carlos is piece of crap because his biggest problem wasn't his position on the team, his role on the system. It was catching the ball. That's on him, and now we know a big part of that was him refusing to get his eyes checked. That's all on Carlos.

So Carlos thought he would get a Revis like contract, instead the league saw how he played and only offered a minimal contract. Apparently the reality check did him some good. But instead of admitting mistake or at least moving on he wants to rip us?

Carlos saying bad things that are true about the skins, doesnt change the fact that him not getting paid here is his own fault.

Carlos may be "ballin" now, but he sure isn't being a MAN.

Does Chris Cooley ring a bell?

Thats one.

How many big name free agents did we bring in here that were busts? Why wasn't that money given to Carlos Rogers with the stipulation being that he had to have an eye exam as part of his new contract physical?

Say what you want about Rogers, but most of this blame is squarely on the Redskins for not forcing Rogers to get his eyes examined and then giving out a ton of money to free agents who aren't as good. Right now, most of us would much rather have Rogers than Hall on this team. And Rogers would cost less.

Archived