Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports.com: Happy now, Rogers rips Redskins

flexxskins

];8699025']I wish I could sit here and talk **** about Rogers like I did with Fred Smoot and Antonio Pierce.

But the fact is' date=' we let one of our own walk away and he's upset with it. As well he should be.

He got a lot of flack when he was here (which was deserved) but he never go the credit he earned either. He went to San Fran, who only wanted to see him succeed. If what Rogers' said in this interview is considered "ripping," then he his ripping is 100% based on factual information, and not the usual delusions of an overpaid athlete.

Rogers, I like you. I really do. I wish you success but know that these good wishes only last so long as you maintain the level headedness you've maintained thus far. It would be easy for Rogers to get carried away with smugness, and yet he's at least maintained the civility to base his criticism on fact.[/quote']

Factual? The facts are that he's essentially saying that " IF they had PAID ME, then I'd be beasting like this for Washington". That's full of bull**** for two reasons. Usually, when someone gets paid something like 10 million a year for 5 years, they slack off. It happened to Haynesworth. It's happened to other players to a lesser extent. Not only that, he's beasting under a 1 year, 4 million dollar contract. Hall's contract was a mistake, and a 10 million a year contract for Rogers would have been a similar mistake. We lock him up, he and Hall would force us to cough up one of our promising young'uns because of cap hell.

Carlos sounds right about how the skins have operated.

As far as him personally though.... We gave him millions to play, to work hard, and he practically admits to giving up on plays..... and somehow we're to blame for Carlos refusing to get his eyes checked?

Carlos is the second piece of crap in line that owes us money back, after only Haynesworth.

What you said. Biggest line of **** I have read since Haynesworth left.

**** Carlos, he was good corner about half the time and a part of our problems in and out of the locker room the other half, and to a degree that he sure wasn't worth what he wanted from us for what he was willing to give us. I don't care how well he's playing now or that he's giving more effort now because he's in a winning situation. He was nothing all that special Redskins-wise and at his best was just "pretty good" as a player, not "great", and showed little deep connection to the team that guys like Cooley/Fletcher etc. who arguably merit that "extra" 'skin fan love. And Carlos isn't "great" now, though he's doing well in his current positive situation (very good team built up over years of struggle and in a very weak-ass division otherwise)., **** him. He's mainly another shallow jerk dumping on people to indulge his own personal agenda. And **** the typical ES revisionist "historians" or the ones who are simply ignorant but like to jump on any negatively-themed whiny bandwagon. :)

For the better part of the last ten years, the Redskins have been a dysfunctional organization that has ignored growing talent from their own drafts, choosing to spend outrageous amounts of money of "quick fix" players who fix nothing, while ignoring the few players that they did draft.

I don't see any point in being pissed off at Carlos Rogers because he says what everyone already knows.

~Bang

To all the people saying that Carlos finally "chose" to get his eyes fixed, as if that was solely his decision: It still reflects badly on our trainers/organization. They might not be able to force a player to get laser eye surgery, but they should have made him wear contacts, or even sports goggles like ****ing Tyler Clippard.

Nothing new here though. A fish rots from the head down, and this fish has been rotting for over twelve years.

Not sure why this is eliciting angry responses.

I was a massive Rogers hater until Week 2 in 2007 when we used him to play press and he was definitely earning his roster spot. Then we basically never did it again.

If we had played him press, then he's Pro Bowl every year. We didn't. Square peg and round hole. He was a dick about it towards the end, so I've got no love for him, but I've got no hate from these comments.

For the better part of the last ten years, the Redskins have been a dysfunctional organization that has ignored growing talent from their own drafts, choosing to spend outrageous amounts of money of "quick fix" players who fix nothing, while ignoring the few players that they did draft.

I don't see any point in being pissed off at Carlos Rogers because he says what everyone already knows.

~Bang

That's ok, I do :D--he dropped too many important balls via not concentrating) his current coaching staff has commented on it) and he was often a ****wad influence in the locker room (well-noted) and I think his conduct now re: the 'skins is fairly low-brow--and I don't even disagree with your comment, either. :ols:

---------- Post added November-19th-2011 at 10:04 AM ----------

The "hate" thing gets WAY overplayed on the board. Dumb. You can casually throw around some failry hyperbolic stuff when guys are talking sports and it isn't realy worthy of the "hate" label as the feelings involved hardly run that seriously deep for many using such expressiveness. Just like when I watch my friends who are into gaming. They're something! :ols:

But I do find my tolerance level low for certain message board dynamics today, and I have a lot of ES work to do, so I think I will excuse mesef in the best interests of all concerned. :pfft:

Really? That's what you came in here to say? That's your contribution to the discussion?:doh:

Yup... I mean what else is there to say? Sour Grapes? Unprofessional? Cry Baby? I mean it was all of our fault that Carlos couldn't catch a football. The guy is a blowhard. But I guess in your world he is a 'baller'.

I don't see the issue with what Carlos is saying, it's just that it's coming from him. If London Fletcher or Santana Moss played for another team and rip the organization, I wouldn't have anything to say. I'm happy for Carlos Rogers finally reaching his potential but he can't blame the organization for ignoring to get his eyes check. As far as I'm concern, Carlos was part of the problems he chastised the Redskins for.

I don't see the issue with what Carlos is saying, it's just that it's coming from him. If London Fletcher or Santana Moss played for another team and rip the organization, I wouldn't have anything to say. I'm happy for Carlos Rogers finally reaching his potential but he can't blame the organization for ignoring to get his eyes check. As far as I'm concern, Carlos was part of the problems he chastised the Redskins for.

The issue that he's the one demanding we treat him like Matt Forte even though he didn't do enough to be treated that way. Translation: he ripping us for not paying him big. Well, we did pay Samuels big, did we? Yes, a homegrown Pro Bowl LT who shined during his first contract got a big payday with us.

~Bang

So much said with so few words.

I guess we as fans can talk about some of the ridiculous things that we have had to watch our team do year after year, after year. But, if a player leaves the Redskins and brings up the very same issues that we talk about here, he is then ridiculed and criticized.

I am no fan of Rogers, but I don't have to be to know that he would have been a better option at the CB position than what we have there now in Wilson. Hell, I don't like Landry very much either. But, I'm glad he's on my team. I'd even pay for a shrink to straighten him out a little bit.:)

People here are saying that it's ridiculous that Rogers wanted Nnamdi like money. Isn't his agent trying to get the most money that he can for him? Couldn't Rogers had been speaking through advisement of his agent? Why would he low ball himself while he's on the market? When you put a house on the market, don't you set the price on the higher side hoping that you will get a offer that will match it or come close?

The bottomline is that Rogers' body of work in Washington did not justify Nnamdi like money, and he didn't get it. But, at the end of the day another homegrown Redskin talent is gone and on another team, doing well, winning and telling everyone why we are left here again losing...and we are again ****ing about it.

Yup... I mean what else is there to say? Sour Grapes? Unprofessional? Cry Baby? I mean it was all of our fault that Carlos couldn't catch a football. The guy is a blowhard. But I guess in your world he is a 'baller'.
Your first sentence says it all. So why even attempt to go any further with the one and two word sentences?:doh:

Anyway, first of all I'm not even going to ask about the "unprofessional" part because I have a feeling that you don't even know and that you were just calling names at that point.

Secondly, "cry baby"? Really? What does Rogers have to cry about right now? I mean honestly, come on man. His team is 8-1 and more than likely on the way to the playoffs (in a weak division though:ols:), and might very well be on his way to the probowl if he keeps playing the way that he has.

And last but not least, I don't care if the guy is a cross dresser, transsexual or a straight up woman, if he/she can ball then he/she can ball. Some of you put these stupid little labels on players, "a-hole", "dick", "tool", like it's suppose to make a difference. Rogers the "blowhard" is getting it done for San Fran, and as usual instead of listening to maybe why players don't get it done here and go on elsewhere to have success, we ***** and moan about what they did or didn't do here. And yes I say we. I say we for two reasons...1 being that I've done the same damn thing.:ols: 2 being we as fans are suppose to be in this thing together. I know, that **** was corny. Wasn't it?:pfft:

Oh BTW Alvin, I said that Rogers was "ballin" in San Francisco. I didn't say anything about him being a baller. He obviously wasn't as good with us. Stop trying to peek into my world.:silly:

To each his own. Carlos is a douche bag in my book. Many ways he could have handled leaving (and he knows he is as responsible for his own demise here as anyone else).

Los was identified as malcontent who couldn't catch and was not offered another contract. You can try and put him in the category of Pierce and Clark but this guys hands and mouth lead him out of town.

Ballin, baller whatever.....Carlos is coming off like a unprofessional cry baby with sour grapes. You are right I have no idea what professionalism is. Smug much Flex?

Great insight here, I agree with you one hundred percent. He was completely inconsistent, he always tried hard and played hard for the most part. But I think his inconsistency's and excuses came from worrying about others pay on the team. i believ this overall hurt him and his performace here.

All this = [Carlos Pockets Not Straight]. The 49ers did not invest in carlos. They simply added a good defender at a modest rate. Compare their love for Los to what they showed Nate Clements. I rest my case. Carlos is playing for a hughe pay-day. Once he has that, who knows what you'll get. That's what dan Snyder and Co. were faced with. We already saw 6 years of inconsistency, you don't need more to help you make a decision to not back up a Brinks truck for Carlos. I definitely think he's worlds better than Josh Wilson, but everybody can't make mega money on a sound football team. Bottom line!

So much said with so few words.

I guess we as fans can talk about some of the ridiculous things that we have had to watch our team do year after year, after year. But, if a player leaves the Redskins and brings up the very same issues that we talk about here, he is then ridiculed and criticized.

I am no fan of Rogers, but I don't have to be to know that he would have been a better option at the CB position than what we have there now in Wilson. Hell, I don't like Landry very much either. But, I'm glad he's on my team. I'd even pay for a shrink to straighten him out a little bit.:)

Sure, former players can talk about past woes, IF they actually apply to their situation. Carlos' complaints are about the manner in which the OLD regime conducted themselves. His particular contract situation was with the NEW regime, that hasn't been around long enough to let their drafted players walk and who hasn't been giving ridiculous contracts to free agents. It's not that he is wrong about the old regime, in that sense he is right. But he wasn't re-signed by the NEW regime, where his comments don't apply.

And really, you'd rather have 30 year old, injury-prone, non-commited, wouldn't even get his eyes fixed until he's on a 1 year contract b/c nobody else would sign him long-term either, Carlos Rogers over signing a 26 year old CB from one of the league's best defenses to a reasonable contract? I know I wouldn't. and the rest of the NFL didn't either. Seriously, who in their right mind signs a 30 year old, injury prone CB to more than a 1-3 year deal?

And really, you'd rather have 30 year old, injury-prone, non-commited, wouldn't even get his eyes fixed until he's on a 1 year contract b/c nobody else would sign him long-term either, Carlos Rogers over signing a 26 year old CB from one of the league's best defenses to a reasonable contract? I know I wouldn't. and the rest of the NFL didn't either. Seriously, who in their right mind signs a 30 year old, injury prone CB to more than a 1-3 year deal?

Even 49ers fans do not want Carlos to get a 5 year deal. I see three, 4 years stated out of these 9ers fans mouths in the following link. But we didn't treat Carlos right. We should have given him 5 years, 50 million, 30 million guaranteed. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight? :ols:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663485

Sure, former players can talk about past woes, IF they actually apply to their situation. Carlos' complaints are about the manner in which the OLD regime conducted themselves. His particular contract situation was with the NEW regime, that hasn't been around long enough to let their drafted players walk and who hasn't been giving ridiculous contracts to free agents. It's not that he is wrong about the old regime, in that sense he is right. But he wasn't re-signed by the NEW regime, where his comments don't apply.

Even the old regieme treated guys like Samuels right. Guys who actually did big things in their rookie deals. Carlos doesn't even compare with Lavar. LOL

Is it me or anybody else tired of seeing these articles of ex-Redskins players ripping the organization. I know the Skins have had a reputation of not taking care of their own, but it's as if it's become obligatory to rip the Skins through the media. Get on with your career and leave the past in the past.

Is it me or anybody else tired of seeing these articles of ex-Redskins players ripping the organization. I know the Skins have had a reputation of not taking care of their own, but it's as if it's become obligatory to rip the Skins through the media. Get on with your career and leave the past in the past.

That's because they all have a point. This organization has been a mess from the top down forever since Snyder took over. It is going to take a huge change of culture for that to change and it seems like whenever the organization is on the brink of changing...a certain owners impatience comes around. I love this team, but anyone who backs the state of the organization and ownership is out of their mind.

To each his own. Carlos is a douche bag in my book. Many ways he could have handled leaving (and he knows he is as responsible for his own demise here as anyone else).

Los was identified as malcontent who couldn't catch and was not offered another contract. You can try and put him in the category of Pierce and Clark but this guys hands and mouth lead him out of town.

Ballin, baller whatever.....Carlos is coming off like a unprofessional cry baby with sour grapes. You are right I have no idea what professionalism is. Smug much Flex?

Exactly, "to each his own". I gave my opinion and you gave yours.

Again, I could care less if Rogers is a douche, a-hole or a tool...I' am discusing how he played here vs how he is playing now. Rogers gave his thoughts on why he probably didn't play well here. Whether he's right or wrong, who knows? All I know is that we are spending another season calling yet another ex-Redskin names while we discuss who we are going to draft for next season. I haven't looked at your age, but I'm sick of doing it myself.

Ok, when Rogers was a freeagent he was a dick:ols:, I'm sorry, it just sounds funny. But I just don't care. He probably is still a dick. But we might be watching the dick play in the playoffs and watching the dick again in the probowl. But I know that most of us will simply explain that away though.

BTW, I'm sorry that you think that I am smug, because I don't even have anything to be smug about. I don't translate my thoughts into typing well, and I just plain can't type. Hell, I don't even spell all that great. But if me disagreeing or not caring about Rogers being professional or not being professional makes me smug in your eyes, then so be it. I'm smug.

We shouldn't have resigned the guy, because A) he was asking for too much, and B) he really didn't like it here, and I don't think anything (even a big payday) would have changed that. He is better than anything we currently have, but if a guy doesn't want to be here, what can you do.

But how can we rip Rogers for what he said here? Seriously, all what he said is what us Skins fans and everybody else around the NFL knows: players do not like playing here. We don't know the specifics, but it seems it is some sort of combination between the manner in which the FO goes about signing, drafting, and letting go of talent, the coaching staff, and the atmosphere those things create when put together. People say Carlos was apart of the problem because it was his job to ignore everything and perform....but c'mon, he obviously isn't the first person this has happened to. Clearly, something legit is distracting the players, not allowing them to play to their full potential. Could be scheme as well, forcing square pegs into round holes.

Andre Carter, Carlos Rogers, Antonio Piece, Brandon Lloyd, Champ Bailey, LaVar Arrington, and even Walt Harris (haven't heard his name mentioned in this thread yet) have either:

1) Wanted out badly

2) Left and produced much, much better elsewhere

or (and mos of the time it seems...)

3) Both

It's clear as day something is wrong here, so how can you blame Carlos for stating the obvious? Players that leave here seem to produce like they never have before, while the overpriced "stars" we bring in play like bums. So it shouldn't be, "Carlos sucked while he was here, he has no room to rip the skins", it should be "why the hell didn't he play like that here??".

Homie must have very selective memory, because I remember him being a part of the drama as well. He was talking mad trash when he was here, which is the main reason we let him walk. He's complaining about the vinny years, but Shanny let him go because he didn't have any more patience for his crap then he did McNabb or Haynesworthless...

Archived